LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:46 pm
--- description ---
The deck that uses X to swing at your opponent, with a lot of mana too boot.
--- end description ---

Lands:

Molten Slagheap x 4
Fungal Reaches x 4
Mountain x 18

Shivan Hellkite x 4
Bogardan Hellkite x 4
Lightning Serpent x 4

Braid of Fire x 4

Rite of Flame x 4
Molten Disaster x 4
Disintegrate x 4
Blaze x 4
Incinerate x 2

So, the point is to get out a Braid of Fire ASAP, and then eat through all your mana to slam your opponent. Blaze and Disintegrate are the main ways to do that, with Molten Disaster and Lightning Serpents helping. Any left over mana from Braid of Fire gets eaten through with Shivan Hellkites. Storage lands = more mana = more burning.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Dang. I found out that mana burn happens at the end of each phase. *goes to try to cram Teferi in the deck..., some way, some how*
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:21 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Teferi still won’t let you play Blaze and Disintegrate, and Hellkite itself has flash, so not necessary. Then again, mana burn does not necessarily happens at the end of each phase, for instance, Braid of Fire triggers during the upkeep, but the mana burn only occurs at the end of your draw step, so you CAN draw an instant/flash card and use it. Then again, you can just pack green for Upwelling. Just keep the storage lands, because if an opponent destroys Upwelling, you can "sink" the Braid mana into them by paying 1 and removing 0 counters as many times as necessary.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:38 am
I was thinking maybe Teferi + Lightning Serpent.

Oh well. I can absorb with storage lands, and I plan to run Upwelling. Especially since it totally hoses Rune Snag. Twisted Evil It’ll probably get Oblivion-ed.

So, I’d work in green probably with Fungal Reaches, the Pains and Shimmering Grotto, right?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)