LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:46 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’m surprised at the number of times I’ve been asked to host a DC contest...and by several people, to boot.

So, here it is. My first DC contest...and I intend to make it as fun as I can. Cool And hey, if it’s popular enough, I’ll have another down the road! (Hence the "#1" in the title. Rolling Eyes)

Some exact details are still to be determined, but here’s what you can expect:

- Several rounds (depending on number of entrants), some with elimination and some without. The rules for each round will be laid out as we come to them, but you can basically expect every-man-for-himself-type rounds, lowest-number-of-votes-eliminated, and in the later rounds, some head-to-head. Basically, your average contest in that regard. Very Happy

- I may have some card prizes (TBD), and definately some GPs, but the real prize is that the winning card from each round will be plugged into one of my DC sets! Cool In some cases, they will work pretty much by themselves, but in others, it will be centered around a certain theme and therefore work with my other cards. General knowledge of my sets will be helpful, but is certainly not necessary.

- Cards to be designed will be from various cultures and of various types...no specific theme throughout, like in some contests. Expect the unexpected! Mr. Green

- I’ll repeat again: expect the unexpected! Many of these cards should be pretty easy to understand and design, since I don’t have many new rules in my sets. But some will be wacky enough to make you stop and think, so stay on your toes!

I’ll keep a running tab on participants in this post, starting with myself, of course. Very Happy

Active Contestants:

Dáin Ironfoot
AgentDrake

Eliminated/Withdrawn Contestants:

Thranduil
sickofpalantirs
menace64
LeoKula
AnxiousChieftain
Shieldmaiden
WeyounsLastClone
Anonymous Prodigy
macheteman
Anvar
NBarden
elf lvr
lem0nhead

I will allow folks to join up until Friday. The first round or two will probably not be elimination-style, so you can still sign up AFTER Friday if you want, but I’d strongly encourage you to get in by then if you’re interested.

So, who’s with me? Very Happy

(There. Now certain folks--you know who you are--can stop pestering me about doing this! Razz J/K.)
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:11 pm; edited 34 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:52 pm
All for one and one for all!

That was me being with you. Razz

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:15 pm
Sounds fun. Count me in! Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:17 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I’m definitely in this!
Smile
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
count the spammer in Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:51 pm
Hail Dain, we, who are about to die, salute you!

all for none, and none for all!!!

that’s me being with you!

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Anvar
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:12 pm
I’d actually like to give this a try (first time designer and all). Then again I’m supposed to be learning how to be a teacher but I’ll do my best as long as there aren’t too many cards to design (say 1-2/week).

So count me in, I guess,
Anvar
menace64
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:18 pm
I’ll play.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
NBarden
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:45 pm
Definitely in. GP
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:47 pm
I’m in.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards