LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Ok I have several Ideas I need to bounce off of you guys.\

1. a gondor eomer. I don’t want a huge rohan culture for now, and neither does CBB, but I am thinking I could cross him into gondor. thoughts?
2. Gandalf. He would work wonderfull with the lord keyword I think, and he already is a good splash, and a toolbox charrie so might as well add something else. Also there is a certain "Lord of Horse" I want to make a DC of.
3. Lord giving abilities. like Lord- Regroup: exert this character to wound a minion for example.

thanks in advance for feedback.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:10 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Ok I have several Ideas I need to bounce off of you guys.

That’s what we’re here for! Mr. Green

sickofpalantirs wrote:
1. a gondor eomer. I don’t want a huge rohan culture for now, and neither does CBB, but I am thinking I could cross him into gondor. thoughts?

Hmmmm.... Think I suppose it could be done. Maybe do it conditionally, like if you can spot a certain number of Gondor Men (or Aragorn or Imrahil)?

sickofpalantirs wrote:
2. Gandalf. He would work wonderfull with the lord keyword I think, and he already is a good splash, and a toolbox charrie so might as well add something else. Also there is a certain "Lord of Horse" I want to make a DC of.

Sounds good. I could REALLY see a Gondor Gandalf, by the way....

sickofpalantirs wrote:
3. Lord giving abilities. like Lord- Regroup: exert this character to wound a minion for example.

I suppose that would work. It would depend on the ability, of course.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:24 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Seems kind of complicated, but it would work. If it would be formatted like this, would be great:

Lord - Regroup: exert this character to wound a minion for example.

Smaller text size and italics helps distinguish between regular regroup action.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:38 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:

I’m not sure I can go for a Gondor Eomer. If it were to be done, I’d most prefer it to be done DI’s way.

sickofpalantirs wrote:

Gandalf is a lord. In fact, his subtitle could be Lord of the West, as a very nice reference to the Valar. That’s one that would be awesome to do - make a Gandalf for every culture! Razz (except maybe Gollum)

sickofpalantirs wrote:

Interesting. I think it would work very nicely. You could also do it with other texts, not just special abilities. But I think you should hold this off until you’ve made a solid grounding with simple keywords and attribute bonuses.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:38 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Nope. Sorry. Eomer is Rohan, I would not like him Gondor at all.

One of each culture would be good. I did that with followers.

Hm...potential to get broken. What if you’re able to transfer an exerting ability over to someone who has an ability to self-heal somehow. Like, Grimmy. Things would get messy. However, its your DC set, so go crazy. I think this is a call by the designers. I wouldn’t do it, but I’m not making them. Very Happy

Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:17 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I think a Gondor Eomer wouldn’t exactly work. Aragorn can be Rohan because at one point he was working for Theoden, not the Rangers or Gondor. Actually, more than once. Eomer was an ally of Gondor, but never worked directly under Gondor, unless you count Aragorn’s mad escapade to the Black Gate. But that was sort of a joint venture led by Gandalf.

Hey, why not a Gollum Gandalf? Gandalf, Fiery Inquisitor. Remember, Gandy captured/interrogated Gollum?
I think a Gandalf Lord would be great.

Yeah, Lord abilities could get broken really fast unless they’re really simple stuff.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:36 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Nice idea but eomer is rohan sorry. Its not like aragorn’s unique situation, i dont think its comparable, he has to stay Rohan. He helps gondor in the same way eowyn does or hrethel or any of the other he has no more right to be Gondor than Theoden. Sorry.

See Thran’s comment.

Sweet but keep the abilities in check less they get OP or provide broken combos.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
well, no gondor eomer. Maybe i can make him in an expansion set with Celeborn.

Lords of Rohan or something.

then gandalf is a definite go. I was thinking just 2 gandalf gandalfs, then maybe a few ents and such. though I could make one for every culture. someone PM me the list of gandalf names...

I don’t know if I want lord to be for every culture though, more for gondor/elf, with a bit of rohan/dwarf. And then a splashable gandalf. IDK

and abilities wouldn’t be broken. probably most have to do with carddrawing/twilight removing. again IDK.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:07 am
Twilight removing...

Um...not broken? Come again? Shocked
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:50 pm
not fellowship twilight removing. maneuver or regroup.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards