LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:26 pm
As a reminder, this is part of the third of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

There are also a couple more that feature in this set that weren’t in the last, but I’ll get onto them later.

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Dwarven - 25
Elven - 26
Gandalf - 33
Gollum - 1
Isengard - 4
Orc - 21
Sauron - 16
Shire - 12
Wraith - 50
White - 12

• The One Ring, Birthday Present Ring
Str: +1
Res: +1
Maneuver: Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase.
While the Ring-bearer wears the One Ring, all text on him or her, and all cards borne by him or her, are Unlocked (and cannot be Locked) and each time he or she is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
My birthday-present... that’s what we wants now, yes, we wants it.’
H1 R 1

1 A Dash of the Took Shire
Condition
To play, spot 2 Hobbits (or Bilbo).
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Locked: Bearer is strength +2.
It was often said (in other families) that long ago one of the Took ancestors must have taken a fairy wife.
H3 C 127

2 • Bandobras Took, Bullroarer Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Str: 3
Vit: 4
Res: 8
To play, spot 2 Hobbits.
At the start of each skirmish involving Bandobras Took, you may exert him to Unlock all cards borne by him.
Locked: Bandobras Took is strength +1 for each Locked card you can spot.
He charged the ranks of the goblins of Mount Gram... and knocked their King Golfimbul’s head clean off with a wooden club.
H3 U 128

2 • Belladonna Took, Adventurous Hobbit Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert Belladonna Took to take a Shire event into hand from your discard pile.
Locked: Skirmish: Discard a Shire event from hand to exert a minion skirmishing a Hobbit.
... the famous Belladonna Took, one of the three remarkable daughters of the Old Took...
H3 R 129

2 • Bilbo, Audacious Hobbit Shire
Companion • Hobbit
(Res): 8
Ring-bound.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert Bilbo to Unlock a Shire card until the regroup phase.
Locked: Maneuver: If you cannot spot 8 Locked Shire cards, Lock a Shire card until the regroup phase to draw a card.
’... gets funny queer fits, but he is one of the best... as fierce as a dragon in a pinch.’
H3 C 130

2 • Blood of the Tooks Shire
Condition • Support Area
While Gerontius Took is not assigned to a skirmish, Belladonna Took is strength +2.
While Belladonna Took is not assigned to a skirmish, you may heal Bilbo at the start of each skirmish involving him.
While Bilbo is not assigned to a skirmish and Frodo is unwounded, Frodo cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
H3 U 131

1 • Bungo Baggins, Estimable Hobbit Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Each time Bungo Baggins is assigned to a skirmish, Lock him until the regroup phase or add a burden.
At the start of each skirmish involving Bungo Baggins, you may play a Shire condition from your discard pile (and reinforce a Shire token if played on a Hobbit).
... the Tooks were not as respectable as the Bagginses, though they were undoubtedly richer.
H3 C 132

2 Fiercer and Bolder Shire
Event • Skirmish
Make a Hobbit strength +2 and damage +1. Then, you may exert him or her to make him or her strength +1 for each Shire condition he or she bears.
’... help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the Wise falter.’
H3 U 133

2 • Gerontius Took, The Old Took Shire
Companion • Hobbit
To play, spot 2 Hobbits.
Each time Gerontius Took wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Shire token.
Locked: Skirmish: If Gerontius Took is not assigned to a skirmish, remove a Shire token to make a Hobbit strength +1.
... once in a while members of the Took-clan would go and have adventures.
H3 R 134

1 Gone Off Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot 2 Hobbits to choose one: remove a Shire token to make a Hobbit strength +2 until the regroup phase; or discard a card stacked on a Shire condition to take a Shire event into hand from your discard pile.
H3 C 135

2 Great Courage Shire
Event • Skirmish
Make a Hobbit strength +3. Then, you may exert him or her to make him or her strength +1 for each Locked Free Peoples card you can spot.
’If this hobbit goes with you, you will succeed. If not, you will fail.’
H3 U 136

1 Professional Stealth Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot 2 Hobbits to choose one: remove a Shire token to exert a minion skirmishing a Hobbit; or discard a card stacked on a Shire condition to Lock a minion skirmishing a Hobbit until the end of the regroup phase.
H3 C 137

1 Sick At Heart Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Locked: At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may stack a Shire card from hand on a Shire condition.
H3 C 138

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:52 pm; edited 12 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:33 pm
Maybe add a limit to the maneuver ability on the last Bilbo.

Beyond that, looks good!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:42 am
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert Bilbo to Unlock a Shire card until the regroup phase.
Locked: Maneuver: Lock a Shire card until the regroup phase to draw a card.
’... gets funny queer fits, but he is one of the best... as fierce as a dragon in a pinch.’
H3 C 130

Thranduil

First ability is sound second is very very interesting. There could be many cards that wouldnt bu useful in a given turn and this could exploit them and make him very versatile. However as el pointed out it could be TOO manipulable. Add the suggested limit. Maybe 3?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:26 am
It was hard to word the limit properly and elegantly (because I was trying to avoid being able to Lock every Shire card even if the drawing limit was 3) but I’ve done it - thanks guys. If anyone comes up with a better wording, I’ll be glad to hear it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:35 am
How about "If you cannot spot X (make up a number u feel would be reasonable Thran) Locked Shire cards, Unlock a shire card...."

Or something like that?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:44 am
lem0nhead wrote:
How about "If you cannot spot X (make up a number u feel would be reasonable Thran) Locked Shire cards, Unlock a shire card...."

Or something like that?

I like that, thanks. I’ll come back to this one when I’ve worked out how many Locked Shire cards one can expect.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Manuever: Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase.
While the Ring-bearer wears the One Ring, all text on them, and all cards borne by them, are Unlocked (and cannot be Locked) and each time he or she is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
H1 R 1
misspelled maneuver. interesting... maybe add a vitality bonus too.

And now the new version:

Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound.
Locked: Maneuver: Lock a Shire card until the regroup phase to draw a card (limit 3 times per phase).
H3 C 130

I guess... usefulness seems somewhat limited though.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:55 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Manuever: Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase.
While the Ring-bearer wears the One Ring, all text on them, and all cards borne by them, are Unlocked (and cannot be Locked) and each time he or she is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
H1 R 1

I think the "them"s should be "him or her"s, especially since you use "he or she" later. I know it’s wordy, but it’s also right. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound.
Locked: Maneuver: Lock a Shire card until the regroup phase to draw a card (limit 3 times per phase).
H3 C 130

Still being tweaked, I see, but I’ll throw another "here, here" onto the juicy fruit’s suggestion.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:57 pm
Okay, changed it according to suggestions.

Now onto some of Bilbo’s ancestors:

2 • Gerontius Took, The Old Took Shire
Companion • Hobbit
To play, spot 2 Hobbits.
Locked: Skirmish: If Gerontius Took is not assigned to a skirmish, remove a Shire token to make a Hobbit strength +1.
H3 R 134

Companion • Hobbit
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert Belladonna Took to take a Shire event into hand from your discard pile.
Locked: Skirmish: Discard a Shire event from hand to exert a minion skirmishing a Hobbit.
... the famous Belladonna Took, one of the three remarkable daughters of the Old Took...
H3 R 129

And our final bloodlines card from the set:

Condition • Support Area
While Gerontius Took is not assigned to a skirmish, Belladonna Took is strength +2.
While Belladonna Took is not assigned to a skirmish, you may heal Bilbo at the start of each skirmish involving him.
While Bilbo is not assigned to a skirmish and Frodo is unwounded, Frodo cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
H3 U 131

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:32 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Okay, changed it according to suggestions.

Now onto some of Bilbo’s ancestors:

3 • Gerontius Took, The Old Took Shire
Companion • Hobbit
While you can spot 2 Hobbits, Gerontius Took’s twilight cost is -1.
Locked: Skirmish: If Gerontius Took is not assigned to a skirmish, remove a Shire token to make a Hobbit strength +2.
H3 R 134
cool!

Companion • Hobbit
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert Belladonna Took to take into hand a Shire event from your discard pile.
Locked: Skirmish: Discard a Shire event from hand to wound a minion skirmishing a Hobbit.
H3 R 129
should it be a shire event into hand from your discard pile?

Condition • Support Area
While Bilbo is not assigned to a skirmish, Frodo cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
H3 U 131

cool! though the last frodo ability seems a tad good...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards