LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:30 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
3 • Gerontius Took, The Old Took Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Str: 3
Vit: 4
Res: 8
While you can spot 2 Hobbits, Gerontius Took’s twilight cost is -1.
Each time Gerontius Took wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Shire token.
Locked: Skirmish: If Gerontius Took is not assigned to a skirmish, remove a Shire token to make a Hobbit strength +2.
... once in a while members of the Took-clan would go and have adventures.
H3 R 134

Not sure why you have the high cost with reduction. I’d just make it 2 and drop the spotting thing altogether. But the rest looks fine.

Thranduil wrote:
2 • Belladonna Took, Adventurous Hobbit Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert Belladonna Took to take into hand a Shire event from your discard pile.
Locked: Skirmish: Discard a Shire event from hand to wound a minion skirmishing a Hobbit.
... the famous Belladonna Took, one of the three remarkable daughters of the Old Took...
H3 R 129

I think SoP’s right on the wording of the first ability. The second seems awfully powerful, even for a locked ability...perhaps make it simply exerting?

Thranduil wrote:
2 • Blood of the Tooks Shire
Condition • Support Area
While Gerontius Took is not assigned to a skirmish, Belladonna Took is strength +2.
While Belladonna Took is not assigned to a skirmish, you may heal Bilbo at the start of each skirmish involving him.
While Bilbo is not assigned to a skirmish, Frodo cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
H3 U 131

No Bandobras? For shame!

Seems okay. That last one IS a tad powerful, though...perhaps only allow if you cannot spot a certain number of burdens or something.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:05 am
Thranduil wrote:

3 • Gerontius Took, The Old Took Shire
Companion • Hobbit
While you can spot 2 Hobbits, Gerontius Took’s twilight cost is -1.
Each time Gerontius Took wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Shire token.
Locked: Skirmish: If Gerontius Took is not assigned to a skirmish, remove a Shire token to make a Hobbit strength +2.
... once in a while members of the Took-clan would go and have adventures.
H3 R 134

I was going to say exactly what dain said about the cost but then i though +2??? With how easy it is to get shire tokens. Mental. +1 is better though slightly weak. 1.5 tokens would be better but seeing as thats not possible id say 2 tokens for +3.

2 • Belladonna Took, Adventurous Hobbit Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert Belladonna Took to take into hand a Shire event from your discard pile.
Locked: Skirmish: Discard a Shire event from hand to wound a minion skirmishing a Hobbit.
... the famous Belladonna Took, one of the three remarkable daughters of the Old Took...
H3 R 129

Phrasing is to take a shire event into hand from your discard pile. I could agree with the others about the locked ability but hobbits need shire events so i can see both sides of the arguement. Bum.

2 • Blood of the Tooks Shire
Condition • Support Area
While Gerontius Took is not assigned to a skirmish, Belladonna Took is strength +2.
While Belladonna Took is not assigned to a skirmish, you may heal Bilbo at the start of each skirmish involving him.
While Bilbo is not assigned to a skirmish, Frodo cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
H3 U 131

That could lead to frod rb being awesomely good. Change last ability to something else then its ok if still a little powerful overall.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:33 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
No Bandobras? For shame!

Give me a chance! Razz

Cards changed. Good?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:46 am
Yes.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:02 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Yes.

Good to have such a succinct reply!

Well, I promised our friend Bullroarer, so here he is:

2 • Bandobras Took, Bullroarer Shire
Companion • Hobbit
To play, spot 2 Hobbits.
At the start of each skirmish involving Bandobras Took, you may exert him to Unlock all cards borne by him.
Locked: Bandobras Took is strength +1 for each Locked card you can spot.
He charged the ranks of the goblins of Mount Gram... and knocked their King Golfimbul’s head clean off with a wooden club.
H3 U 128

1 • Bungo Baggins, Estimable Hobbit Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Each time Bungo Baggins is assigned to a skirmish, Lock him until the regroup phase or add a burden.
At the start of each skirmish involving Bungo Baggins, you may play a Shire condition from your discard pile (and reinforce a Shire token if played on a Hobbit).
... the Tooks were not as respectable as the Bagginses, though they were undoubtedly richer.
H3 C 132

Just to clarify these guys a little, you may remember that there were quite a few Shire conditions in the last 2 sets that played on Hobbits and had Locked abilities, which is what those last cards are specifically referring to. As an example, here’s one from this set:

1 A Dash of the Took Shire
Condition
To play, spot 2 Hobbits (or Bilbo).
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Locked: Bearer is strength +2.
It was often said (in other families) that long ago one of the Took ancestors must have taken a fairy wife.
H3 C 127

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:08 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Hobbit
To play, spot 2 Hobbits.
At the start of each skirmish involving Bandobras Took, you may Unlock all cards borne by him.
He charged the ranks of the goblins of Mount Gram... and knocked their King Golfimbul’s head clean off with a wooden club.
H3 U 128

Maybe have some cost associated with unlocking all his cards. Other than that, extremely strong... but that does fit this character!

Quote:
Companion • Hobbit
Each time Bungo Baggins is assigned to a skirmish, Lock him until the regroup phase or add a burden.
At the start of each skirmish involving Bungo Baggins, you may play a Shire condition from your discard pile (and reinforce a Shire token if played on a Hobbit).
... the Tooks were not as respectable as the Bagginses, though they were undoubtedly richer.
H3 C 132

Neato. I think hes nicely balanced.

Quote:
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
It was often said (in other families) that long ago one of the Took ancestors must have taken a fairy wife.
H3 C 127

Cool. Mind linking me to a basic Shire unlocking card? (since I haven’t been checking here much, sorry!) This card is definately a main reason I’d like some cost for Bullroarer’s first text.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:
Yes.

Companion • Hobbit
To play, spot 2 Hobbits.
At the start of each skirmish involving Bandobras Took, you may Unlock all cards borne by him.
H3 U 128
so you have to lock him, then unlock him, and his first ability is nearly worthless. it shuold be you may lock or unlock all card borne by him

Companion • Hobbit
H3 C 132
cool

Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
H3 C 127

maybe add a small resistance boost.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:21 am
Thranduil wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:
Yes.

Makes a change doesnt it!

Companion • Hobbit
To play, spot 2 Hobbits.
H3 U 128

Id limit the locked cards to a certain culture or 2 that would work best. Apart from that cool.

Companion • Hobbit
H3 C 132

Erm ok.

Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
H3 C 127

Could cost 0 but im not sure.

Thranduil
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:25 am
elf lvr wrote:
Maybe have some cost associated with unlocking all his cards.

I was in two minds about that because on the one hand you get to use his Locked conditions with ease, but on the other hand it makes him lose out on strength. My main thought was that it was for use when you didn’t have the facility to Unlock his strength pump at the time.

elf lvr wrote:
Cool. Mind linking me to a basic Shire unlocking card? (since I haven’t been checking here much, sorry!)

If you take the link in my sig, you’ll find my master links list (hidden in a secret location Cool ) and then you just go to Shire for H1 and H2 and you’ll find them.

elf lvr wrote:
This card is definately a main reason I’d like some cost for Bullroarer’s first text.

Fair enough. I’ll probably change it for that and the others.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Thranduil
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:26 am
Okay, let’s have another condition then some events.

1 Sick At Heart Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Locked: At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may stack a Shire card from hand on a Shire condition.
H3 C 138

Which references the copious amounts of stacking from the Battle of the Five Armies (easily accessible through the link in my sig).

2 Fiercer and Bolder Shire
Event • Skirmish
Make a Hobbit strength +2 and damage +1. Then, you may exert him or her to make him or her strength +1 for each Shire condition he or she bears.
’... help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the Wise falter.’
H3 U 133

2 Great Courage Shire
Event • Skirmish
Make a Hobbit strength +3. Then, you may exert him or her to make him or her strength +1 for each Locked Free Peoples card you can spot.
’If this hobbit goes with you, you will succeed. If not, you will fail.’
H3 U 136

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards