LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:16 am
Thranduil wrote:
Okay, let’s have another condition then some events.

1 Sick At Heart Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Locked: At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may stack a Shire card from hand on a Shire condition.
H3 C 138

Hmmm ok.

2 Fiercer and Bolder Shire
Event • Skirmish
Make a Hobbit strength +2 and damage +1. Then, you may exert him or her to make him or her strength +1 for each Shire condition they bear.
’... help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the Wise falter.’
H3 C 133

Gah no hobbits dont have damage! Is it a requirement you must break the meta for at least 1 culture in every set? Ill never agree to this. Remove the damage +1 and lower cost to 1 and u got a good card.

2 Great Courage Shire
Event • Skirmish
Make a Hobbit strength +2 and damage +1. Then, you may exert him or her to make him or her strength +1 for each Locked Free Peoples card you can spot.
’If this hobbit goes with you, you will succeed. If not, you will fail.’
H3 U 136

Ditto above. youre giving cultures things they lack. D designed them to have a lack of things for a purpose not as an oversight.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:34 am
2 cards that give a damage bonus as a side issue I don’t think constitutes as breaking the meta. It isn’t even a good keyword for hobbits to have because they have such low strength.

I knew you’d complain about it! Razz

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Okay, let’s have another condition then some events.

1 Sick At Heart Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Locked: At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may stack a Shire card from hand on a Shire condition.
H3 C 138
works.

Event • Skirmish
Make a Hobbit strength +2 and damage +1. Then, you may exert him or her to make him or her strength +1 for each Shire condition they bear.
H3 C 133
I think you could cut to one...

2 Great Courage Shire
Event • Skirmish
Make a Hobbit strength +2 and damage +1. Then, you may exert him or her to make him or her strength +1 for each Locked Free Peoples card you can spot.
H3 U 136

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:03 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
1 Sick At Heart Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
H3 C 138

Okay....

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Skirmish
H3 C 133

I don’t have any problem with this. It’s not like Hobbits can’t already get damage...Dagger Strike works just fine for that already. I think I WOULD, however, limit this to Hobbits that bear another Shire card. And "they bear" should probably be "he or she bears". The grammer Nazi strikes again!

Thranduil wrote:
2 Great Courage Shire
Event • Skirmish
H3 U 136

Here, I think it would be best to drop the damage and just make the initial part a +3 strength.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:22 pm
Cards changed. Thanks guys!

Now for the final 2 Shire cards of the set. And after this will be the inventor of Golf... Razz

There was a serious token and card stacking presence for Shire in the Battle of the Five Armies, mainly because I like those combo-filled strategies. So here’s a bit of extension:

1 Gone Off Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot 2 Hobbits to choose one: remove a Shire token to make a Hobbit strength +2 until the regroup phase; or discard a card stacked on a Shire condition to take a Shire event into hand from your discard pile.
H3 C 135

1 Professional Stealth Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot 2 Hobbits to choose one: remove a Shire token to exert a minion skirmishing a Hobbit; or discard a card stacked on a Shire condition to Lock a minion skirmishing a Hobbit until the end of the regroup phase.
H3 C 137

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Cards changed. Thanks guys!

Now for the final 2 Shire cards of the set. And after this will be the inventor of Golf... Razz

There was a serious token and card stacking presence for Shire in the Battle of the Five Armies, mainly because I like those combo-filled strategies. So here’s a bit of extension:

1 Gone Off Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot 2 Hobbits to choose one: remove a Shire token to make a Hobbit strength +2 until the regroup phase; or discard a card stacked on a Shire condition to take a Shire event into hand from your discard pile.
H3 C 135
works

Event • Skirmish
Spot 2 Hobbits to choose one: remove a Shire token to wound a minion skirmishing a Hobbit; or discard a card stacked on a Shire condition to Lock a minion skirmishing a Hobbit until the end of the regroup phase.
H3 C 137

lock or unlock a condition instead maybe?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:15 am
Thranduil wrote:
2 cards that give a damage bonus as a side issue I don’t think constitutes as breaking the meta. It isn’t even a good keyword for hobbits to have because they have such low strength.

I have a counter arguement to that but i shant bother cos our debates are getting ridiculously out of hand!

I knew you’d complain about it! Razz

Then stop doing it Razz

Thranduil

Thranduil wrote:

1 Gone Off Shire
Event • Maneuver
H3 C 135

Sweeeeetness.

Event • Skirmish
Spot 2 Hobbits to choose one: remove a Shire token to wound a minion skirmishing a Hobbit; or discard a card stacked on a Shire condition to Lock a minion skirmishing a Hobbit until the end of the regroup phase.
H3 C 137

I think the wound bit is too good. Its like a super paths with more flexibility and variety. Exert would do fine.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:05 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
1 Gone Off Shire
Event • Maneuver
H3 C 135

Not bad, not bad. First part seems a tad weak, though...maybe +3?

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Spot 2 Hobbits to choose one: remove a Shire token to exert a minion skirmishing a Hobbit; or discard a card stacked on a Shire condition to Lock a minion skirmishing a Hobbit until the end of the regroup phase.
H3 C 137

Perfectly fine now that it’s just exerting. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:24 pm
I’m seriously loathe to finish this block for good, but here is the last post of cards in the White Council, and therefore my Hobbit block! Crying or Very sad

I said we’d have the inventor of Golf. And here he is (lem0n look away - it’s a bit of site-stacking again! Razz):

6 • Golfimbul, Orkish King Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 11
Vit: 4
Sit: 4
To play, spot an Orc Orc.
Golfimbul is damage +1 and fierce for each site stacked on him.
Maneuver: Remove 1 to transfer a site from a condition to Golfimbul.
[His head] sailed a hundred yards through the air and went down a rabbit-hole, and in this way the battle was won and the game of Golf invented at the same moment.
H3 R 95

And the last in my ’Host of...’ series to go with him:

7 • Host of Mount Gram Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 12
When you play this minion, you may spot an Orc Orc to replace a site on the site path with a site from your adventure deck and stack the replaced site on this minion.
Skirmish: Discard a site stacked here to Lock a companion this minion is skirmishing until the end of the regroup phase.
H3 U 98

And a card which seemed to have been forgotten from the Battle of Azanulbizar:

2 • Full of Guile Orc
Condition • Support Area
Bearer is enduring.
Skirmish: Remove 2 to transfer this condition from your support area to a unique Orc Orc.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may transfer this condition to your support area or another unique Orc Orc.
’But if his family wish to know who is now king here, the name is written on his face. I wrote it! I killed him! I am the master!’
H3 C 93

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:26 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:27 am
Thranduil wrote:

I said we’d have the inventor of Golf. And here he is (lem0n look away - it’s a bit of site-stacking again! Razz):

d'oh! Youre stressing me Thran!

6 • Golfimbul, Orkish King Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 11
To play, spot an Orc Orc.
Golfimbul is damage +1 for each site stacked on him.
Maneuver: Remove 1 to transfer a site from a condition to Golfimbul.
[His head] sailed a hundred yards through the air and went down a rabbit-hole, and in this way the battle was won and the game of Golf invented at the same moment.
H3 R 95

Yeah seems ok. I hope you can make him fierce or he aint that useful.

6 • Host of Mount Gram Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 12
When you play this minion, you may spot an Orc Orc to replace a site on the site path with a site from your adventure deck and stack the replaced site on this minion.
Skirmish: Discard a site stacked here to Lock a companion this minion is skirmishing until the end of the regroup phase.
H3 U 98

Maybe need his cost going up to 7 with having 4 vitality and a good gametext.

2 • Full of Guile Orc
Condition
Bearer must be an Orc Orc.
Bearer is enduring.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make an Orc Orc strength +2.
’But if his family wish to know who is now king here, the name is written on his face. I wrote it! I killed him! I am the master!’
H3 C 93

Enduring what? 1, 2 or 3? Thought you had changed the keyword? Dont see the point in the skirmish ability but apart from that it seems good but expensive. You cant lower it to 1 but i dont know if id use it.

Thranduil

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards