LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Kralik
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:40 pm
With a bit of work, I’ve managed to figure out how to "extract" a blank card template of each culture. Does anyone know what font(s) Decipher uses, and if they are available for download? Or any guesses?

I was hoping to be able to make cards with the errata actually in the card image, or perhaps make my own dream cards that look like the real deal. Cool
menace64
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:52 pm
I could have saved you a lot of time and work and given you most of the culture templates myself. If you still want them, let me know.

As for font, no one knows. It’s probably a Decipher-created font used only by them. But copy/paste works pretty well.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:57 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Decipher uses a font they designed themselves. As far as I know, it can’t be downloaded anywhere.

However, if you do it right, Times New Roman looks pretty close.

For uniqueness dot, twilight cost, strength, vitality, resistance, and site #, use TNR size 32 bold. (if the uniqueness dot is a period.) The dot would be black, everything else white.

Card title, subtitle, type, and subtype are all size 14 regular. Text is 12 regular, and lore is 12 italic.

The text looks right until you compare it to another card, but IMHO it’s close enough that it’s not worth the trouble figuring out an alternative. The biggest difference is that the Decipher cards have all caps in the titles, but the "lowercase" caps are smaller. Not worth bothering with, IMHO.

Keep in mind, however, that according to the forum rules, we can’t post graphical DCs here, because they’re considered a copyright violation.
Otherwise I would have been posting graphical DCs all over the DC section for months now.... I’ve got some pretty cool ones worked out.
If you want to make Graphical DCs just for your own entertainment, and would like some "alternate culture" templates let me know. I’ve got a Shadow Elves one, Dol Amroth, and the Army of the Dead, all of which look pretty cool, if I do say so myself.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
menace64
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:03 am
AgentDrake wrote:
I’ve got a Shadow Elves one, Dol Amroth, and the Army of the Dead, all of which look pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

Shooo... I want to see those! edibleapeman@yahoo.com Mr. Green
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:25 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
AgentDrake wrote:

The text looks right until you compare it to another card, but IMHO it’s close enough that it’s not worth the trouble figuring out an alternative. The biggest difference is that the Decipher cards have all caps in the titles, but the "lowercase" caps are smaller. Not worth bothering with, IMHO.

Nah, I’d do it. Having the larger "uppercase" letters really does make it look better.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Kralik
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:54 am
Wow, I hadn’t realized you guys had gone to so much work already! M64 and AD, I’d love to see those culture templates.

I just checked the forum rules and I know it’s non-negotiable, but... why not have some talented artists design their own templates that are similar to the originals for dream card use? Or would movie stills as card images still violate the copyright? Not sure where you’d find images for card sets such as Thranduil’s White Council...
Last edited by Kralik on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:31 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I think it’s the movie stills that are copyright violations now. D lost the license for the cards, so I don’t think that that templates themselves are disallowed anymore.

Will send you guys the templates.

EDIT: Wow. surprised at how many people have PM’ed me now asking for me to send them the templates, too.
I wonder if NB will let us post graphical DCs on CC2?
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:50 am
I’m fine with it.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:05 am
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Cool! Cool So will they be posted there any time soon?
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:28 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Let me in on that action too, Drake! dainironfoot47 @ hotmail DOT com. Cool

I also have templates for all the "normal" cultures somewhere on my hard drive. Let me know if anyone needs them. Thumbs Up I might even see if I can get them posted here.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion