LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

3 • Nelya, King of Men Wraith
Companion • Man
Str: 7
Vit: 3
Res: 6
While you can spot 2 Wraith Men, Nelya’s twilight cost is -1.
Each time Nelya wins a skirmish, play the fellowship’s next site.
While Nelya has resistance 0, he is strength -2.
sure

0 • Ring of Treachery, Of the Nine Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Str: +2
Res: -2
Legendary 2.
Bearer must be Nelya.
He is damage +1.
fine

3 • Cantea, King of Men Wraith
Companion • Man
Str: 7
Vit: 3
While you can spot 2 Wraith Men, Cantea’s twilight cost is -1.
Each time Cantea wins a skirmish, exert a character.
While Cantea has resistance 0, he is strength -2.
maybe you may exert a character?

0 • Ring of Ardour, Of the Nine Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Res: -2
Legendary 2.
Bearer must be Cantea.
He is defender +1.

muster would be cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:54 pm
I have in general been trying to avoid using out-of-block keywords like muster and lurker, but I suppose it’s not a big deal, so now it’s changed. Thanks guys!

Also, who keeps giving me GP? I’ve got a few recently without anyone telling me. Can anyone give me one more for an enhanced avatar? Wink

EDIT: FORGET THAT! NK just gave me one! Very Happy

As we come onto some big nasty Nazgul, we’re going to go at a slower pace. So, let’s start with a very topical one being the theme of my Virtual contest:

4 • Attea, King of the East Wraith
Companion • Man
Str: 8
Vit: 4
Res: 5
Bloodlust 1.
While bearing an artifact, Attea is strength +2.
While Attea has resistance 0, each other unbound companion is resistance -2.

So basic principle with the bigger Nazgul: they’re huge and powerful, but very risky.

0 • Ring of Malice, Of the Nine Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Res: -3
Legendary 2.
Bearer must be Attea.
At the start of each skirmish involving Attea, exert a minion he is skirmishing.

Again following the theme of abilities you don’t have a choice in. So if they’re enduring, tough!

And because we only have one companion here, here’s an event to go with him:

1 Kings of Lawless Lands Wraith
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Wraith Man to make a Man or Nazgul strength +2 or -2.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:02 am; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anvar
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:13 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Man
Bloodlust 1.

Artifact • Ring
Str: +3
Legendary 2.
Bearer must be Attea.
At the start of each skirmish involving Attea, exert a minion he is skirmishing.

0 Kings of Lawless Lands Wraith
Event • Skirmish

Thranduil

I’m concerned about +3 str for 0 cost. If your opponent is playing straightforward beatdown, with no way to hit Attea’s resistance, he is screwed. Could it require an exertion to play?

I wonder if this event should cost 1? Just because 0 cost skirmish events have become rarer over the years. With a cost, there is risk of shadow events.

Anvar
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:18 pm
Anvar wrote:
I’m concerned about +3 str for 0 cost. If your opponent is playing straightforward beatdown, with no way to hit Attea’s resistance, he is screwed. Could it require an exertion to play?

Okay, I brought down the strength bonus without reducing the resistance penalty, given how huge Attea is while bearing it. Looking good?

Anvar wrote:
I wonder if this event should cost 1? Just because 0 cost skirmish events have become rarer over the years. With a cost, there is risk of shadow events.

Done. Thanks!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
I have in general been trying to avoid using out-of-block keywords like muster and lurker, but I suppose it’s not a big deal, so now it’s changed. Thanks guys!

Also, who keeps giving me GP? I’ve got a few recently without anyone telling me. Can anyone give me one more for an enhanced avatar? Wink
guilty as charged. I made it my goal to get you 75.

Companion • Man
Bloodlust 1.
[ cut strength to 7 IMSO I don’t like how with a few general resistance boost these guys become a WHOLE lot better. i think their resistance should be lowered to 5. /b]

Artifact • Ring
[b]Legendary 2.

Bearer must be Attea.
works.

1 Kings of Lawless Lands Wraith
Event • Skirmish

works
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:42 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I agree with SoP. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:37 pm
Changed, thanks!

Now onto the next guy in our ’Big Three’:

4 • Toldea, Man of Numenor Wraith
Companion • Man
Enduring 1.
While bearing an artifact, Toldea is damage +1.
While Toldea has resistance 0, he is vitality -1.

0 • Ring of Voracity, Of the Nine Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Legendary 2.
Bearer must be Toldea.
Each time Toldea wins a skirmish, exert or heal him.

And a nice support card:

1 Shadow of Fear Wraith
Event • Fellowship
Discard the top 2 cards of your draw deck to play a Wraith ring from your dead or discard pile.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:41 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Changed, thanks!

Now onto the next guy in our ’Big Three’:

Companion • Man
Enduring 1.
While bearing an artifact, Toldea is damage +2.
cut strength to 7

Artifact • Ring
Legendary 2.
Bearer must be Toldea.
At the start of each skirmish involving Toldea, exert or heal him.
weird...

0 Shadow of Fear Wraith
Event • Fellowship
Play a Wraith ring from your dead or discard pile. Discard the top 2 cards of your draw deck.

works, but I am still thinking these guys are too good, especially if their resistance has been modified (though some foes are weak would be...evil Twisted Evil
"DáinIronfoot"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:52 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Man
Enduring 1.
While bearing an artifact, Toldea is damage +2.

Here I disagree with the Spam Man. Because his vitality is actually slashed when he’s down to 0 resistance, I think he’s okay at 8 strength. However, I’d reduce that damage to just +1, or dump his enduring.

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Legendary 2.
Bearer must be Toldea.
At the start of each skirmish involving Toldea, exert or heal him.

Helps compensate nicely for his drawback. Perhaps TOO nicely. I’d have that trigger only when he WINS skirmishes.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Shadow of Fear Wraith
Event • Fellowship
Play a Wraith ring from your dead or discard pile. Discard the top 2 cards of your draw deck.

I think it would be better to word it simply Discard the top 2 cards of your draw deck to play a Wraith ring from your dead or discard pile. I know there’s the possibility of getting a ring you just discarded that way, but that makes it all the more interesting, in my opinion. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:57 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I think it would be better to word it simply Discard the top 2 cards of your draw deck to play a Wraith ring from your dead or discard pile. I know there’s the possibility of getting a ring you just discarded that way, but that makes it all the more interesting, in my opinion. Thumbs Up

I was thinking that too, but I wanted the discarding as a penalty for achieving the effect rather than as a cost.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards