LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anvar
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:01 pm
Thranduil wrote:
4 • Toldea, Man of Numenor Wraith
Companion • Man
Str: 8
Vit: 4
Res: 5
Enduring 1.
While bearing an artifact, Toldea is damage +2.
While Toldea has resistance 0, he is vitality -1.

Damage +2 isn’t needed. Damage +1 is fine here, I think.

0 • Ring of Voracity, Of the Nine Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Str: +2
Res: -3
Legendary 2.
Bearer must be Toldea.
At the start of each skirmish involving Toldea, exert or heal him.

makes it a bit easy to deal with -1 vit. I like the idea of triggering on winning.

And a nice support card:

0 Shadow of Fear Wraith
Event • Fellowship
Play a Wraith ring from your dead or discard pile. Discard the top 2 cards of your draw deck.

Probably better as an additional cost (so you can’t do it if you’re decked). Actually this wouldn’t allow you to hit a ring as you have to have the ring in your discard pile first for these kind of things. I would also raise the cost to 1, since the rings themselves are free.

Thranduil

Hope that helps,
Anvar
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:49 pm
Great, thanks guys.

Now we move onto our final Nazgul also with a funky condition:

4 • Enquea, Man of Numenor Wraith
Companion • Man
Str: 7
Terror 2.
While bearing an artifact, each minion skirmishing Enquea loses all enduring and bloodlust bonuses.
While Enquea has resistance 0, at the start of each skirmish involving him, add a burden.

0 • Ring of Cunning, Of the Nine Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Res: -2
Legendary 2.
Bearer must be Enquea.
At the start of each skirmish involving him, discard the top card of your draw deck. If it is a Wraith card, make him strength +2.

This condition, for those of you who have ever played SWCCG, reminds me a lot of those cards that used to play matching pilots and starships. This is also the card I was particularly thinking of when earlier I said that Wraith Men had very good filtering.

2 Sorcerors and Kings of Men Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Reveal a Wraith ring from you hand to take into hand a Wraith Man from your draw deck or discard pile. Play the Man and then the ring on that Man.
Fellowship: Play a Wraith Man to play a Wraith ring from your draw deck or discard pile on that Man.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:16 pm; edited 4 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:56 am
Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Man
Terror 1.
While bearing an artifact, minions skirmishing Enquea lose all enduring and bloodlust bonuses.
While Enquea has resistance 0, add a burden at the start of each skirmish involving him.

Seems a bit UP. Maybe terror 2?

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Legendary 2.
Bearer must be Enquea.
At the start of each skirmish involving him, discard the top card of your draw deck. If it is a Wraith card, make him strength +2.

I’d drop the resistance to -2. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Reveal a Wraith ring from you hand to take into hand a Wraith Man from your draw deck or discard pile. Play the Man and then the ring on that Man.
Fellowship: Play a Wraith Man to play a Wraith ring from your draw deck or discard pile on that Man.

Borderline costing 3, but I think it’s alright. Smile
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:17 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Man
Terror 1.
While bearing an artifact, minions skirmishing Enquea lose all enduring and bloodlust bonuses.
While Enquea has resistance 0, add a burden at the start of each skirmish involving him.

Not entirely sure, but I think the enduring and bloodlust should be bolded in this case. I agree with AP about him being a tad UP, and his suggestion ain’t a bad one. I would reword his last "ability" like this:

While Enquea has resistance 0, at the start of each skirmish involving him, add a burden.

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Legendary 2.
Bearer must be Enquea.

I think, with his lower-than-others 5 resistance, it would be okay for this to only slash his resistance by 2.

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area

Probably should be unique, or discard when you trigger one or either of the abilities.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Great, thanks guys.

Now we move onto our final Nazgul also with a funky condition:

Companion • Man
Terror 1.
shouldn’t it be While Enquea bears an artifact, each minion skirmishing him loses all...

cool

Artifact • Ring
Legendary 2.
Bearer must be Enquea.
coolio maybe or +3 if it is an artifact?

Condition • Support Area

Thranduil

misspelled sorcerers.

cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:40 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
misspelled sorcerers.

No, no I didn’t! Wink

’Sorcerors’ is an older spelling, one which Tolkien uses, and just as acceptable as ’Sorcerers.’

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:54 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
fine be that way Laughing
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:37 pm
Well it’s been quite a while; I figured not many people were going to be available over Easter.

So we finished all the cards I had made for the Wraith culture, though I imagine I’ll have some more at some point, and now we’re back onto Gondor for some Numenoreans. So let’s have some brothers from the end of the Second Age:

3 • Isildur, Son of Elendil Gondor
Companion • Man
Vit: 3
Res: 6
While you can spot Anarion, Isildur’s twilight cost is -2.
While you can spot 3 artifacts, Isildur is strength +2.
Skirmish: If Isildur is skirmishing, exert him to play a legendary Gondor card from your discard or dead pile.

His text, by the way, is inspired by the fact that he apparently saved the fruit of the White Tree of Numenor before escaping to Middle-Earth, which is something I’d never previously known about him.

3 • Anarion, Son of Elendil Gondor
Companion • Man
While you can spot Isildur, Anarion’s twilight cost is -2.
While you can spot 3 artifacts, Anarion is resistance +2.
Skirmish: Discard a Gondor artifact from your support area to make a Gondor Man damage +1 (and strength +1 if that Man has vitality 3 or more.)

And now our continuing of the cycle of big legendary events:

4 Lords of the Sea Gondor
Event • Maneuver
Legendary - (When played, this card goes to the dead pile).
To play, spot 2 Gondor Men.
Each minion loses all gametext keywords until the regroup phase.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:18 am
Thranduil wrote:
Well it’s been quite a while; I figured not many people were going to be available over Easter.

So we finished all the cards I had made for the Wraith culture, though I imagine I’ll have some more at some point, and now we’re back onto Gondor for some Numenoreans. So let’s have some brothers from the end of the Second Age:

Yay ill review again!

3 • Isildur, Son of Elendil Gondor
Companion • Man
While you can spot Anarion, Isildur’s twilight cost is -2.
While you can spot 3 artifacts, Isildur is strength +2.
Skirmish: If Isildur is skirmishing, exert him to play a legendary Gondor card from your dead or discard pile.

Neato!

3 • Anarion, Son of Elendil Gondor
Companion • Man
While you can spot Isildur, Anarion’s twilight cost is -2.
While you can spot 3 artifacts, Anarion is vitality +1.
Skirmish: Discard a Gondor artifact from your support area to make a Gondor Man damage +1.

I dont like vitality modifiers, too risky and messy. Its fine if u leave it but id change it. His ability is ok but not near as useful as it could be.

4 Lords of the Sea Gondor
Event • Maneuver
Legendary - (When played, this card goes to the dead pile).
To play, spot 2 Gondor Men.
Each minion loses all gametext keywords until the regroup phase.

Fine.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:41 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
I dont like vitality modifiers, too risky and messy. Its fine if u leave it but id change it. His ability is ok but not near as useful as it could be.

I was mainly trying to take my hat off for Anarion.

(love that new auto-linker - I have no idea what his subtitle is! Very Happy)

I’ll think on it and may have a new version by the time you log on again tomorrow Wink

Thanks.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards