LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
gotcha GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:19 am
One of the things about the Numenoreans, is that they are the best at returning legendary cards as they are Men and men always grow and rebuild while the elder races fail. And so here are a couple to enforce this:

1 Fruits of Nimloth Gondor
Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 Gondor Men to choose one: play a Gondor artifact from your draw deck or discard pile; or take into hand a legendary Gondor card from your dead pile.

0 Noon-tide of Numenor Gondor
Event • Response
If your artifact is about to be discarded, spot 2 Gondor Men to take it into hand instead.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:25 am
Thranduil wrote:

Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 Gondor Men to choose one: play a Gondor artifact from your draw deck or discard pile; or take into hand a legendary Gondor card from your dead pile.

Fine but title sounds illy even if its is legitimate.

Event • Response
If your artifact is about to be discarded, spot 2 Gondor Men to take it into hand instead.

Sound but bit dull and hand cloggy.

Thranduil

No lore??? Shocking!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:26 am
lem0nhead wrote:
No lore??? Shocking!

Yeah, I’ve been rather lazy lately and can’t be bothered to fish through the Akallabeth in the Silmarillion to find good stuff.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:51 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
One of the things about the Numenoreans, is that they are the best at returning legendary cards as they are Men and men always grow and rebuild while the elder races fail. And so here are a couple to enforce this:

Event • Fellowship
do companions have legendary? if not fine.

Event • Response

Thranduil

coolio

for lore

Arghhh!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:12 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
do companions have legendary? if not fine.

So far, only Ar-Pharazon the Golden (minion) has legendary, but it will not be on Free Peoples characters which after all go to the dead pile anyway. It may be on another minion though, I can’t guarantee otherwise. Wink

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:11 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Event • Fellowship

Event • Response

Both are the kind of dull, boring cards that are nonetheless awesome additions to a culture. Good stuff.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:14 pm
Let’s now have some boosts from a cycle:

2 Light In Their Eyes Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man strength +3 (and heal that Man if he or she bears a legendary card).

1 Strong Places Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man strength +2 (and you may exert a Man he or she is skirmishing).

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:22 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man strength +3 (and heal that Man if he or she bears a legendary card).

Good stuff. I’d like it better at +2 and 1, though.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Strong Places Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man strength +2 (and you may exert a Man he or she is skirmishing).

Hmmm. Okay, I suppose. Maybe Man or Orc. I dunno. I’d be very unlikely to use it as is.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:27 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
Event • Skirmish

Good stuff. I’d like it better at +2 and 1, though.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Strong Places Gondor
Event • Skirmish

Hmmm. Okay, I suppose. Maybe Man or Orc. I dunno. I’d be very unlikely to use it as is.

To explain my reluctance to change them, both of them are part of a cycle, the first a 2 cost cycle about bearing legendary cards and the second a 1 cost specific hate against a race or keyword. Elves hit enduring, Dwarfs Orcs so it seemed to make sense to put Men for the Numenoreans. Any suggestions given that? Maybe I could hit bloodlust or stalwart, for example?

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards