LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anvar
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:02 am
The problem is that twilight costs are always easy for the FP player to pay. After a certain point, excess twilight rarely even hurts the FP player (if you’re flooding, might as well really flood). At the same time, if a Shadow player has managed to get rid of a legendary card, they paid a premium at the time. To have it return so easily seems too much.

Anvar
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:30 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 Land of Exile Gondor
Condition • Support Area
In order to play a legendary Gondor card, you must first pay its legendary cost.
Fellowship: Exert a Gondor Man to take a legendary Gondor card into hand from your discard or dead pile.

Phrase it each time you play a legendary acrd you must first pay its legendary cost. I still think its too much as you say.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:59 am
Anvar wrote:
The problem is that twilight costs are always easy for the FP player to pay. After a certain point, excess twilight rarely even hurts the FP player (if you’re flooding, might as well really flood). At the same time, if a Shadow player has managed to get rid of a legendary card, they paid a premium at the time. To have it return so easily seems too much.

I thought of that, but adding twilight still could hurt, and even kill you. What if playing legendary cards added threats or exertions instead (not necessarily equal to its legendary cost)?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:21 am
Abusing the dead pile was insanely limited by D and so it should be. If it was easy access then it might as well be a discard pile. Apart from sent back and falls of rauros (that list is not exhaustive any pedants outhere) i am glad it wasnt mucked around with. So you shouldnt be able to manipulate these legenadary cards or else why bother sending them to the dead pile itself. The more of these cards you create the blurrier the disntinction gets between those cards that are gone and forgotten and those that can be bought back at any time.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:29 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Abusing the dead pile was insanely limited by D and so it should be. If it was easy access then it might as well be a discard pile. Apart from sent back and falls of rauros (that list is not exhaustive any pedants outhere) i am glad it wasnt mucked around with. So you shouldnt be able to manipulate these legenadary cards or else why bother sending them to the dead pile itself. The more of these cards you create the blurrier the disntinction gets between those cards that are gone and forgotten and those that can be bought back at any time.

I almost entirely agree, which is why the Land of Exile needs a huge disadvantage and is the only card which takes cards from the dead pile directly into hand. However, to make these ring/artifact strategies (especially those that discard your own artifacts) at all viable, there needs to be a way of avoiding the dead pile, and to fit the flavour of Gondor they need to be the best at it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:49 am
Thranduil wrote:
2 Land of Exile Gondor
Condition • Support Area
In order to play a legendary Gondor card, you must first pay its legendary cost.
Fellowship: Exert a Gondor Man to take a legendary Gondor card into hand from your discard or dead pile.

Make it "At the start of the fellowship phase," drop the cost to 1, and make it unique. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

2 Land of Exile Gondor
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert a Gondor Man to take a legendary Gondor card into hand from your discard or dead pile.

This is by far the best card of its type that I will ever make. Still too much?

Thranduil

I think it is good, but should be unique.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:26 am
I was planning on a huge horizontal cycle, and here it is. Simple, but I hope effective.

2 Gondorian Soldier Gondor
Companion • Man
Str: 6
Vit: 3
Res: 6
Knight.
To play, spot a Gondor Man.
While bearing a possession or artifact, this companion is damage +1.

2 Soldier of Arnor Gondor
Companion • Man
Str: 5
Knight.
While bearing a possession or artifact, this companion is defender +1.

2 Soldier of the Noldor Elven
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
While bearing a possession or artifact, each minion skirmishing this companion is strength -2.

2 Soldier of Durin’s Folk Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
While bearing a possession or artifact, this companion gains bloodlust 1.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:41 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:58 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
2 Soldier of Gondor Gondor
Companion • Man
While bearing a possession or artifact, this companion is damage +1.

I think it wouldn’t hurt to make him a knight.

Thranduil wrote:
2 Soldier of Arnor Gondor
Companion • Man
While bearing a possession or artifact, this companion is defender +1.

Probably the same here. However, perhaps lower his strength to 5. Non-unique companions with easy defender, I have been told every time I have tried to do it, is usually a big no-no.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
While bearing a possession or artifact, each minion skirmishing this companion is strength -2.

Nifty.

Thranduil wrote:
2 Soldier of Durin’s Folk Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
While bearing a possession or artifact, this companion gains bloodlust 1.

Fair enough.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anvar
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:23 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.

I’d give this guy strength 6. Can’t see myself using him otherwise. Too much inflation these days (look at the Elven hunters)...

Anvar

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards