LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:33 pm
Thranduil wrote:
2 Gondorian Soldier Gondor
Companion • Man
Str: 6
Vit: 3
Res: 6
Knight.
To play, spot a Gondor Man.
While bearing a possession or artifact, this companion is damage +1.

Neat. Smile

Thranduil wrote:
2 Soldier of Arnor Gondor
Companion • Man
Str: 5
Knight.
To play, spot a Gondor Man.
While bearing a possession or artifact, this companion is defender +1.

Suicidal companion? Razz

Thranduil wrote:
2 Soldier of the Noldor Elven
Companion • Elf
Str: 5
To play, spot an Elf.
While bearing a possession or artifact, each minion skirmishing this companion is strength -2.

Quite nice. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
2 Soldier of Durin’s Folk Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 6
To play, spot a Dwarf.
While bearing a possession or artifact, this companion gains bloodlust 1.

Excellent! GP
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:24 pm
Im sure i just reviewed these, o well Razz

Yeah they all seem fine, much of a muchness.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:38 am
Anvar wrote:
I’d give this guy strength 6. Can’t see myself using him otherwise. Too much inflation these days (look at the Elven hunters)...

Except that the Elven hunters are basically broken. Strength 10 with direct archery wounding for 2? I make it a general policy not to compare my companions to companions from Hunters block.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anvar
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:02 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Anvar wrote:
I’d give this guy strength 6. Can’t see myself using him otherwise. Too much inflation these days (look at the Elven hunters)...

Except that the Elven hunters are basically broken. Strength 10 with direct archery wounding for 2? I make it a general policy not to compare my companions to companions from Hunters block.

Even so, I think these guys compare unfavourably to Lorien Swordsman. They can give a minion more than just -2 and are far less vulnerable to possession discard. I would still raise the soldier’s strength to 6.

Anvar
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:01 pm
Okay, I haven’t made any cards for this set in quite a while, but here are some Gondor stuff to go with the Numenoreans.

Wasn’t sure whether to make these unique artifacts, non-unique artifacts or simply possessions. On the one hand, I’m not sure they warrant artifact or unique status, though they are powerful stuff from the Second Age (but technically so is a Hobbit Sword if you assume they were procured from the Barrow-Wights as happened in the book). That said, the said needs more non-legendary artifacts and there aren’t many other candidates for that. What do you think?

1 Blade of Numenor Gondor
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Str: +1
Res: +1
Bearer must be a Gondor Man.
Bearer gains "Stalwart - remove 2".

2 Steel Bow Gondor
Possession • Ranged Weapon
To play, spot a Gondor artifact.
Archery: Exert bearer to exert a minion.

I kid you not, apparently the Numenoreans went around with bows made from steel!

2 Silver Ship of Numenor Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Gondor Men.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may remove 1.
Skirmish: Discard this artifact to exert a minion skirmishing a Gondor Man.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:30 am; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:36 am
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact • Hand Weapon

Seems ok.

2 White Ship of Numenor Gondor
Artifact • Boat
Vit: +1
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you must choose to exert or heal each minion he or she is skirmishing.

You can bear a boat? Doesnt a boat bear you? Im not a fan of this at all, everything about it screams imbalanced. Wouldnt even edit it, nuke it

2 Steel Bow Gondor
Artifact • Ranged Weapon
Archery: Exert bearer to exert a minion (or wound a roaming minion).

Wow theyre strong! How is non unique targeted archery not too powerful. Compare to naith longbow or bow of minas tirith. Sorry Thran: Veto.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact • Hand Weapon
up strength bonus to 2 maybe...

2 White Ship of Numenor Gondor
Artifact • Boat
Vit: +1
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you must choose to exert or heal each minion he or she is skirmishing.
uh sure

2 Steel Bow Gondor
Artifact • Ranged Weapon
Archery: Exert bearer to exert a minion (or wound a roaming minion).
l

cut cost to 1 IMDO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:31 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
You can bear a boat? Doesnt a boat bear you? Im not a fan of this at all, everything about it screams imbalanced. Wouldnt even edit it, nuke it

Is there not a boat possession already for Smeagol? Can’t remember whether it’s support area or borne by him.

lem0nhead wrote:
Wow theyre strong! How is non unique targeted archery not too powerful. Compare to naith longbow or bow of minas tirith. Sorry Thran: Veto.

It’s good, but actually I’d be pressed to use it given that you need to exert (and Naith Bow and Bow of Minas Tirith are both seriously useless). What if I take out the parentheses?

Also, both of you have carefully skirted the issue I was most interested in: possession, unique artifact or non-unique artifact?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hum...maybe the ship and non unique artifact..the others definitly possessions...and I guess keep the bow at 2 Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:31 am
Thranduil wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:

Is there not a boat possession already for Smeagol? Can’t remember whether it’s support area or borne by him.

Its borne by him but its just a possession not a boat. And a non unique vitality plus 1 adder = FAIL. unique or nuke. Still want nuke as i dont like the balance of the ability.

lem0nhead wrote:

It’s good, but actually I’d be pressed to use it given that you need to exert (and Naith Bow and Bow of Minas Tirith are both seriously useless). What if I take out the parentheses?

Also, both of you have carefully skirted the issue I was most interested in: possession, unique artifact or non-unique artifact?

Thranduil

I dont think the steel bow should be an artifact but the others are fine. I also strongly disagree that its balanced Thran (Bow of minas tirith is not useless, this highlights to me how much you undervalue gondor archery wounds and how much D balanced it), if i put this in my denethor exerting deck it would be really powerful i could exert whatever i wanted whenever then finish with brego and no travellers in this land and healing is not a problem for gondor. Taking out the parenthesis is the least of your worries with it and it wont make it any less powerful.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards