LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:16 pm
Yeah, I knew it was close. (Phew!)

I haven’t thought much on support cards as yet, but I’ve got as far as Lords and rings for the Dwarves, so let’s start there.

You may remember that Narvi has an ability that triggers when you play an artifact while the Elves loved discarding them. I figured that the dwarves would prefer hoarding them, which was the inspiration for most of the Dwarven lords. However, due to Narvi and Durin’s connection with the Elves, they do it slightly differently (Narvi also had a discard ability), and so let’s begin with Durin III:

4 • Durin III, Lord of Khazad-Dum Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 7
Vit: 4
Res: 7
Enduring 1.
While you can spot 3 artifacts, Durin III’s twilight cost is -2.
Skirmish: Discard an artifact borne by Durin III to make him strength +2 (or +1 for each Dwarven and Elven artifact you can spot if that artifact was a ring).

You may also remember that I made Durin’s ring for the White Council. Well, here it is again:

0 • Ring of Vengeance, Of the Seven Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Str: +1
Legendary.
Bearer must be a unique Dwarf.
When you play this artifact, you may take a Dwarven or Elven artifact into hand from your discard pile.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:47 pm; edited 7 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:23 am
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Dwarf
Enduring 1.
Dirom III’s twilight cost is -1 for each artifact you can spot.
Skirmish: Discard an artifact borne by Durin III to make him strength +2 (or +1 for each artifact you can spot if that artifact was a ring).

Who is Dirom? Is this just a mistake or are you making a Dwarf called Dirom III? Ill assume u mean Durin and say ultimately doesnt this mean you wouldnt start with him and then by the time he comes out he’s free. Id be happier with twilight cost -2 if you can spot 3 artifacts or something, this way its capped. I see you need to make him great to make him viable over the old one but come on? This is like a dwarven cirdan. He’s gonna be immense. Maybe its balanced depending on how many artifacts you can play on him. Id need to see it in a deck really..

Artifact • Ring
Legendary.
Bearer is legendary.
When you play this artifact, take a Dwarven or Elven artifact into hand from your discard pile.

Not that useful but ok.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:15 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I agree with the juicy fruit, especially in regards to the cost reduction for Durin. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:10 pm
Changed both. Better?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:19 pm
I think I liked the way the ring was worded before. Perhaps change that back and add a standard-for-Dwarven-rings damage +1 to it...just like how you had the old vitality bonuses for the Elven rings.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:30 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
\

Companion • Dwarf
Enduring 1.
While you can spot 3 artifacts, Durin III’s twilight cost is -2.
Skirmish: Discard an artifact borne by Durin III to make him strength +2 (or +1 for each Dwarven and Elven artifact you can spot if that artifact was a ring).
cool

Artifact • Ring
Legendary.
Bearer is legendary and damage +1.
When you play this artifact, you may take a Dwarven or Elven artifact into hand from your discard pile.

cool! thing is it overshadows all other dwarf rings. did you mean for that?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:33 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Not especially. It is supposed to be the most powerful (perhaps), but what in particular overshadows the others and how do you think I should change it?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:44 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
cut the damage+1.

or the final ability.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:44 pm
Thranduil wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Not especially. It is supposed to be the most powerful (perhaps), but what in particular overshadows the others and how do you think I should change it?

Probably the fact that it lets you snatch artifacts so easily, whereas current Dwarven rings require you to discard the ring to get a card back from discard. It’s a good point, too...one I hadn’t considered until SoP mentioned it.

Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:45 pm
Okay, nicely changed. Now for some more familiar Dwarves, which altogether follow a more Dwarven strategy:

3 • Linnar, Father of Dwarves Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Vit: 3
While you can spot an artifact, Linnar’s twilight cost is -1.
Skirmish: Play an artifact on Linnar to make him damage +1 (or damage +2 if that artifact is a ring).

2 • Sindri, Father of Dwarves Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 6
Vit: 3
Regroup: Play an artifact on Sindri to remove 2 (or 4 if that artifact is a ring).

2 • Uri, Father of Dwarves Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 5
Skirmish: Play an artifact on Uri to make him strength +2 (or +4 if that artifact is a ring).

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards