LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:17 pm
Excellent, now that they’re sorted, let’s pump out the last Dwarven lords for whom rings will follow.

Obviously, I’ve run out of Decipher’s Second Age Dwarves, so I was faced with the problem of what to call these guys. At the time I was obviously feeling unimaginative, so I just browsed through the index of the Silmarillion stealing names of random Dwarves! Any better suggestions, I’ll happily take them.

3 • Khim, Father of Dwarves Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 7
Vit: 3
Res: 7
While you can spot an artifact, Khim’s twilight cost is -1.
Regroup: Play an artifact on Khim to play a Dwarven condition from your hand (or discard pile if that artifact is a ring).

2 • Ibun, Father of Dwarves Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 6
Rings cannot be transferred from Ibun.
Fellowship: Play an artifact on Ibun to draw a card (or 2 cards if that artifact is a ring).

I thought about making Ibun maneuver or regroup, but left it at fellowship even with the awkward text on the grounds that it’s what Dwarves are really good at. Any thoughts on that?

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:38 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Obviously, I’ve run out of Decipher’s Second Age Dwarves, so I was faced with the problem of what to call these guys. At the time I was obviously feeling unimaginative, so I just browsed through the index of the Silmarillion stealing names of random Dwarves! Any better suggestions, I’ll happily take them.

Only problem is that two of these are minions in Drake’s set. Razz I’ll see if I can suggest some better names after I rack my brain.

Thranduil wrote:
3 • Azaghal, Father of Dwarves Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
While you can spot an artifact, Azaghal’s twilight cost is -1.
Maneuver: Play an artifact on Azaghal to reinforce a Dwarven token (and an Elven token if that artifact is a ring).

I’d limit that first part to a Dwarven artifact. But he seems okay otherwise.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Regroup: Play an artifact on Khim to play a Dwarven condition from your hand (or discard pile if that artifact is a ring).

Again, I’d limit that cost reduction to Dwarven artifacts.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship: Play an artifact on Ibun to draw a card (or 2 cards if that artifact is a ring).

Yeah, that’s fine by me.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:29 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Dwarf
Maneuver: Play an artifact on Azaghal to reinforce a Dwarven token (and an Elven token if that artifact is a ring).

Fair enough.

Companion • Dwarf

Sound.

Companion • Dwarf

Fine.

Thranduil

My only complaint is theyre all a little vanilla. All similar and not awe inspiring.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Dwarf
needs lore.

Companion • Dwarf
it would be cool to have a guy that said each other dwarf in your start fellowship is twilight cost -1...so you could get a ton ...oh wait you would still need an artifact Embarassed

Companion • Dwarf

i don’t see why the transferred text should be on him...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:55 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Because then the card basically says: ’Fellowship: Draw 4 cards’ by playing each ring you have on him and transferring it to other Dwarves.

And yes, they are a little vanilla, but I think I wanted them to be basically the same. I’ll think on it though, if I find other fun replacements for these guys texts, I’ll repost them.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:48 pm
Thinking about lem0n’s comments, how about a re-jog of Azaghal to make him a bit different?

Companion • Dwarf
Azaghal’s twilight cost is -1 for each Dwarven artifact you can spot.
Maneuver or Regroup: Add 2 or remove a Dwarven token to transfer an artifact borne by a Dwarf to another eligible Dwarf.

This allows you to use your other Dwarves’ abilities better by transferring rings off them mid-turn. Do you think he needs a ’Play an artifact to...’ ability as well?

To go with this card, here’s another artifact (which I realise I was going to post because it and Azaghal involved Dwarven tokens though he no longer does - never mind). It’s also in many ways the equivalent of Gwaith-i-Mirdain for the Elves.

2 • Doors of Moria Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Each time you play an artifact, add a Dwarven token here.
Fellowship: Remove 3 Dwarven tokens from here to draw a card.
Skirmish: Remove 2 Dwarven tokens from here to make a Dwarf strength +1 (and damage +1 if he bears an artifact).

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:59 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
Azaghal’s twilight cost is -1 for each artifact you can spot.
Maneuver or Regroup: Add 2 to transfer an artifact borne by a Dwarf to another eligible Dwarf.

Nifty! I’d still recommend limiting that cost reduction to only Dwarven artifacts, but it seems I’m the only one.

If you still want him to work with tokens, you could have his ability remove a token instead of 2.

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from here to draw a card.
Skirmish: Remove 2 tokens from here to make a Dwarf strength +1 and damage +1.

Make sure you always specify Dwarven tokens, as that’s just the "right" way to do it. Not bad, though. Not bad at all. I’d certainly use it, even without all the artifacts your sets add.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Because then the card basically says: ’Fellowship: Draw 4 cards’ by playing each ring you have on him and transferring it to other Dwarves.

Thranduil

but you would have to have 4 rings in hand right?

Thranduil wrote:
Thinking about lem0n’s comments, how about a re-jog of Azaghal to make him a bit different?

Companion • Dwarf
Azaghal’s twilight cost is -1 for each artifact you can spot.
Maneuver or Regroup: Add 2 to transfer an artifact borne by a Dwarf to another eligible Dwarf.
works. seems like, being the father of this folk, should cost 4 and be beefed up a bit.

Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from here to draw a card.
Skirmish: Remove 2 tokens from here to make a Dwarf strength +1 and damage +1.
cool.

Thranduil
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:26 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
but you would have to have 4 rings in hand right?

No, 4 artifacts. 2 rings.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
works. seems like, being the father of this folk, should cost 4 and be beefed up a bit.

I’m just inheriting the baggage left behind by the Reflections Dwarves. Out of the lot, only Durin III was seriously beefed up, and he should definitely be the most powerful of them.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:27 pm
but you still need 4 artifacts...admittedly not that hard in this set...fine Razz
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards