LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:21 am
And for them, I wanted something new-ish to help differentiate them from other trackers or Nazgul. Bringing back the search keyword is a must, as well as punishing stealth cards, but I wanted something more... relentless.

And there we have it.

Relentless X (Each time this character wins a skirmish against an opponent’s character, choose X cards in that opponent’s discard pile and remove them from the game.)

Not only is this keyword expandable, but it can be used on both minions and companions. It’s not too powerful to be limited severely (like enduring is and hunter should have been), but by the some token it can potentially wreck a player’s whole game.

Let’s give it a shot.

4 ∙Ulaire Nertea, Tracking Wraith Wraith
Minion - Nazgul
Strength 9
Vitality 2
Site Number 3
Relentless 2. Tracker.
Each time you play a Wraith search card, you may make another Nazgul gain relentless 1 until the regroup phase.
"’...in the dark they perceive many signs and forms that are hidden...’"

The more you hunt, the more you kill!

2 They Come Flying Wraith
Condition
Search. You may play this condition any time you could play an assignment event. Bearer must be a companion.
Each time a Wraith minion is assigned to skirmish bearer, that minion is fierce until the regroup phase.
"...out from the trees and rocks away on the left four other Riders came flying."

Kind of an ambush-esque card. Surprise a Free Peoples player with a few of these, and he could be faced with several fierce Nazgul that seek to rip through a discard pile.

And here’s a fun little card.

0 The Dark Unyielding Wraith
Condition - Support Area
Search. To play, exert a Nazgul.
At the end of your shadow phase, if you can spot 5 Nazgul, 3 burdens, and no cards in the Free Peoples player’s discard pile, the Ring-bearer is corrupted.
Nothing could stop the Nine from reclaiming their Master’s prize.

Like them?
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:21 am
menace64 wrote:

Relentless X (Each time this character wins a skirmish against an opponent’s character, choose X cards in that opponent’s discard pile and remove them from the game.)

Do you really need the against an opponent character bit? Awesome but extremely powerful. Say ur tactic is erland getting events back or discarding hobbits? This is broken to the extreme then. I think it should be make ur opponent choose x freeps cards and remove them or something. This is OP for the shadow to the extreme.

Minion - Nazgul
Strength 9
Vitality 2
Site Number 3
Relentless 2. Tracker.
Each time you play a Wraith search card, you may make another Nazgul gain relentless 1 until the regroup phase.

Bearing in mind what ive said this is cool.

Condition
Search. You may play this condition any time you could play an assignment event. Bearer must be a companion.
Each time a Wraith minion is assigned to skirmish bearer, that minion is fierce until the regroup phase.
"...out from the trees and rocks away on the left four other Riders came flying."

Nasty. Needs unique or every non fierce nazgul is gonna end up being.

Condition - Support Area
At the end of your shadow phase, if you can spot 5 Nazgul, 3 burdens, and no cards in the Free Peoples player’s discard pile, the Ring-bearer is corrupted.

LOL funny. Awesome but hard to pull off.

Like them?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:43 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
menace64 wrote:
And for them, I wanted something new-ish to help differentiate them from other trackers or Nazgul. Bringing back the search keyword is a must, as well as punishing stealth cards, but I wanted something more... relentless.

Nuts. Here I thought I was the only one with Nazzie trackers and search cards. Razz Obviously, though, I like the idea.

menace64 wrote:

I agree with lem0n...I think it should let the FP player choose which cards. Though as an interesting twist, you could make them choose from cards of the losing character’s culture.

menace64 wrote:
Minion - Nazgul
Strength 9
Vitality 2
Site Number 3
Relentless 2. Tracker.

Awesome. He alone could make relentless big. You almost don’t need any other relentless Nazzies!

menace64 wrote:
Condition

I agree with lem0n again. Either make it unique or, alternatively, discard it or take it back into hand at the end of each turn.

menace64 wrote:
Condition - Support Area

Yeah, a little hard to pull off, but that’s not a bad thing for an insta-corrupt card. I like it. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:52 am
It does hose recursion decks, but that doesn’t make it broken.

I think you should drop the relentless X and just make it relentless, with 1 card.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:

Minion - Nazgul
Strength 9
Vitality 2
Site Number 3
Relentless 2. Tracker.
I would just make it him gain relentless one, unless that wouldn’t give him relentless 3

Condition
coolio! I really am thinking this should be unique though... .

Condition - Support Area
cool!
Like them?

Twisted Evil yes.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:45 am
menace64 wrote:

Nice approach, and keywords with numbers are almost always better than keywords without! However, I think I agree with DI and lem0n that your opponent should choose the cards.

menace64 wrote:
Minion - Nazgul
Strength 9
Vitality 2
Site Number 3
Relentless 2. Tracker.

No complaints. Especially because Nertea often has terrible versions.

menace64 wrote:
Condition

I think I’d prefer this card as a free assignment event making a Wraith minion fierce until the regroup phase, then perhaps a recursion triggering when Relentless minions win skirmishes. As a condition, I feel that there should be an additional cost to play it out of phase.

menace64 wrote:
Condition - Support Area

Hilarious! I think it should be the start of the regroup phase though, then swap the number of burdens and Nazgul. Nice touch.

You should have some cards that make the FP player choose between adding burdens and removing cards from the game, or some such. Great theme though, in an area so far untouched.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards