LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:25 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Time for the Wraith culture, and we’re going to start with something quite different than what you’re probably expecting. Twisted Evil Enjoy!

8Old Man Willow, The Great Willow Wraith
Minion • Tree
Strength: 12
Vitality: 5
Site: 2
Lurker. Damage +1.
If the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site, discard Old Man Willow.
While you can spot another Wraith Tree or Wraith weather card, the move limit is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
The twilight cost of each other Tree and Wraith weather card is -1.
“There was a sound as of a wind rising and spreading outwards to the branches of all the other trees round about, as though they had dropped a stone into the quiet slumber of the river-valley and set up ripples of anger that ran out over the whole Forest.”

8Old Man Willow, Angry and Resentful Wraith
Minion • Tree
Strength: 11
Damage +1. Fierce. Hunter 1.
If the fellowship is not at a forest or river site, discard Old Man Willow.
While you can spot a Wraith weather card, the move limit is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
Shadow: Exert Old Man Willow twice to take a Wraith weather card into hand from your draw deck.
Skirmish: Exert Old Man Willow and a Wraith Tree to make a Tree strength +2 or strength -2.
“...his heart was rotten, but his strength was green; and he was cunning, and a master of winds, and his song and thought ran through the woods on both sides of the river.”

And just one example of a Wraith weather card for now....

3Willow-wind Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
To play, exert 2 Tree minions (or Old Man Willow).
The Free Peoples player may not use special abilities during an archery or skirmish phase.
At the start of the regroup phase, discard a Tree minion, remove 2 threats, or discard this condition.
“It seemed to him that he could hardly hear the sound of his own shrill voice: it was blown away from him by the willow-wind and drowned in a clamour of leaves, as soon as the words left his mouth. He felt desperate: lost and witless.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:26 am; edited 37 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:35 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Time for the Wraith culture, and we’re going to start with something quite different than what you’re probably expecting. Twisted Evil Enjoy!

Minion • Tree
Lurker. Damage +1.
If the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site, discard Old Man Willow.
The move limit is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
The twilight cost of each Tree and Wraith weather card is -1.
“There was a sound as of a wind rising and spreading outwards to the branches of all the other trees round about, as though they had dropped a stone into the quiet slumber of the river-valley and set up ripples of anger that ran out over the whole Forest.”
Now that’s pretty cool. Applause 7 cost would be enough, though.

Minion • Tree
Shadow: Exert Old Man Willow twice to take a Wraith weather card into hand from your draw deck.
Skirmish: Exert Old Man Willow to make a Tree strength +2 or strength -2.
“...his heart was rotten, but his strength was green; and he was cunning, and a master of winds, and his song and thought ran through the woods on both sides of the river.”
...or maybe you could keep the twilight costs the same, and up the strength by 1. Or not... with five vitality, and that ability, THIS one could get really beastly.

2Willow-wind Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
The Free Peoples player may not use special abilities.
Regroup: Discard a Tree minion, remove 2 threats, or discard this condition.
“It seemed to him that he could hardly hear the sound of his own shrill voice: it was blown away from him by the willow-wind and drowned in a clamour of leaves, as soon as the words left his mouth. He felt desperate: lost and witless.”
Not bad. Maybe a higher cost is needed, though.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Foresight
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:36 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Tree
Lurker. Damage +1.

Woah man, if they add 8 by site 2 they’re gonna pay for it! I’d make the second sentence say "While you can spot another Wraith Tree or Wraith Weather card, the move limit is -1."

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Tree

Same as before about the move limit -1 text. The rest looks good, seems to be more powerful tree than the previous one.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Willow-wind Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
Regroup: Discard a Tree minion, remove 2 threats, or discard this condition.

Make the last sentence lose "Regroup:" and gain "At the start of the regroup phase," so it forces the shadow player to do any of the three no matter what instead of by choice. Great cards! Thumbs Up
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:53 pm
Thanks, guys. GP I made recommended changes, and I also upped the strength of The Great Willow a tad to make it a little more desirable over Angry and Resentful.

Glad you both like the idea. Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Tree
Lurker. Damage +1.
While you can spot another Wraith Tree or Wraith weather card, the move limit is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
I like it

Minion • Tree
While you can spot a Wraith weather card, the move limit is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
again nice.

3Willow-wind Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
At the start of the regroup phase, discard a Tree minion, remove 2 threats, or discard this condition.

all cool cards!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:20 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Tree
Lurker. Damage +1.

Eh...wha? A Wraith tree? Huh? Think. Anyway, cool card.

Minion • Tree

Cool. I like the + or -2, helps overwhelm those pesky Huorns.

3Willow-wind Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.

Way overpowered. No special abilities at all? Kinda, kill everything easy. And why is it unique, there’s no problem if its non-unique.

Maybe make it a mandatory discard.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:30 pm
NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Willow-wind Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.

Way overpowered. No special abilities at all? Kinda, kill everything easy. And why is it unique, there’s no problem if its non-unique.

Maybe make it a mandatory discard.

How about if I make it only archery and skirmish special abilities?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:23 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Tree
Lurker. Damage +1.
The twilight cost of each other Tree and Wraith weather card is -1.

Just my humble opinion, but I think that enduring fits better with Old Man Willow than damage +1. Neat card, though! Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Tree

His skirmish ability is a little overpowered. Maybe just strength +1, or exert twice for strength +3. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Willow-wind Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.

I would raise the cost to 4. Awesome idea! GP
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:38 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Just my humble opinion, but I think that enduring fits better with Old Man Willow....

I really like that idea, but I think that, at this point, that would require a vast revamp of him, since he and other Wraith Trees rely on exerting with their high vitality. So I may incorporate that into some Trees in the future, but for now, I think I’ll leave them as-is. GP for the thought, though. Smile

And GPs to everyone who reviewed, once I’m able to dish them all out. Thanks, everyone! Thumbs Up

Here’s a couple more lesser Trees. Enjoy!

4 Tree of the Old Forest Wraith
Minion • Tree
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Enduring. Fierce.
If the fellowship is not at a forest or river site, discard this minion.
“...often dark and strange, and filled with a hatred of things that go free upon the earth, gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning: destroyers and usurpers.”

4 Dark-Hearted Tree Wraith
Minion • Tree
Strength: 6
Enduring. Damage +1.
If the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site, discard this minion.
This minion is strength +1 for each weather condition you can spot.
“Everything in it is very much more alive, more aware of what is going on, so to speak, than things are in the Shire. And the trees do not like strangers. They watch you.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed May 09, 2007 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Foresight
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:45 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
5 Tree of the Old Forest Wraith
Minion • Tree
Strength: 9
Fierce. Hunter 1.
If the fellowship is not at a forest or river site, discard this minion.
“...often dark and strange, and filled with a hatred of things that go free upon the earth, gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning: destroyers and usurpers.”

I’d drop the cost to 4, since it has a decent drawback to not being at a forest or river.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
4 Dark-Hearted Tree Wraith
Minion • Tree
Strength: 7
Damage +1. Hunter 2.
If the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site, discard this minion.
This minion is strength +1 for each weather condition you can spot.
“Everything in it is very much more alive, more aware of what is going on, so to speak, than things are in the Shire. And the trees do not like strangers. They watch you.”

I’d make it: "...for each Wraith weather condition..." Very good! Thumbs Up
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards