LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:12 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Cleansing Waters Elven
Event • Assignment or Regroup
Spell.
Exert a unique Elf and spot another character to discard all Shadow cards borne by that character. Then you may add 1 and discard an Elven card from hand to take this card back into hand.
The dark powers of the Shadow cannot stand long against the light of the Valar.

I’d prefer ’event’ instead of ’card’ in the last sentence - it obviously makes no difference, but for some reason it confused me! I like it, though I might consider it at 0. Or maybe it could be one of your 1 or an exertion events that you’re so fond of!

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Aura of the Valar Elven
Condition • Support Area
Spell. Toil 1.
Skirmish: Add 1 and exert a unique Elf to play a companion stacked here as if played from hand. Then choose one: discard this condition; or discard a card from hand and add a threat.
Response: If your companion is about to be killed and there are no cards stacked here, exert a unique Elf and discard an Elven card from hand to stack that companion here instead.
“‘What grace has been given to me, let it pass to him. Let him be spared.’”

I think perhaps discarding a card for the first ability as well as the second is perhaps too much. But interesting.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
4 Water Stallion Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell. Toil 2.
Spot a unique Elf and add [X] to wound X minions (twice if the fellowship is at a river) assigned to skirmish unbound companions.
“‘Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer, Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulair! Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer, Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulair!’”

Um... there’s a card that lem0n reviewed which I can’t find! It seems that this card is doing too much with twilight - it costs loads but then has toil but requires you to add to use its ability. I think I’d prefer some other cost such as adding threats or discarding cards from hand/draw deck.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Galadhrim Spirit Warding Pendant Elven
Artifact • Pendant
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a unique Elf.
At the start of each turn, you may exert bearer to remove a threat.
Response: If a spell is played, you may add a threat or a burden to return that spell to its owner’s hand.
A pendant imbued with ancient Elves power and wisdom, given to the kin of ancient woodland Elves.

Perhaps a more middle-earthy name? Even ’Warding Pendant of the Galadhrim’ sounds a whole lot better. Or ’Pendant of Warding’ sounds even better. I think I’d be more likely to use it if you took out the resistance bonus and reduced the cost. But fair enough.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1Lothlórien Spirit Calling Pendant Elven
Artifact • Pendant
Each time you exert bearer to play an Elven spell, you may heal bearer (limit once per phase).
Crafted by mastersmiths of Lothlórien, this special token is charged with the power of long-forgotten water spirits.

See note above on the name. Otherwise, looks fine. Maybe this one could have the resistance bonus? It could probably still cost 1 that way.

I like how your spells only work for unique Elves. Nice touch.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:30 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
I like how your spells only work for unique Elves. Nice touch.

Yeah, that was something I decided early on. I didn’t want these to be limited to Idrial, since in the novels/films, many other Elves (Galadriel, Elrond, Arwen, etc.) are shown to have unique powers that could easily be described as "magical spells". But I didn’t want to go off the other end, either, and allow just any old Elf to use spell cards. So I figured "unique Elves" was a good enough compromise. Thumbs Up

I made a few minor tweaks, mostly to Water Stallion. Any better?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:41 pm
Better, but I’m still not convinced that twilight is the best cost.

Also, what happened to All Souls Pass?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:48 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Also, what happened to All Souls Pass?

Nothing. It’s a card lem0n made and was presenting as similiar to my Aura of the Valar. Smile

Do you have a specific suggestion for how to make Water Stallion work with threats/discarding instead of twilight? I’m not opposed to the idea, I was just having a hard time finding a good way to balance that without getting rid of the X variable.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I see your point about Haste of the Elves, lem0n. I went ahead and just dropped the last part. I don’t think it changes the card at all.

Here are a few more...interesting spells. Mr. Green Enjoy!

1 Cleansing Waters Elven
Event • Assignment or Regroup
Spell. Toil 1.
Exert a unique Elf and spot another character to discard all Shadow cards borne by that character. Then you may add 1 and discard an Elven card from hand to take this event back into hand.
The dark powers of the Shadow cannot stand long against the light of the Valar.
one, cut the toil. two make it cost 0. then we are good.

3 Aura of the Valar Elven
Condition • Support Area
Spell. Toil 1.
Skirmish: Add 1 and exert a unique Elf to play a companion stacked here as if played from hand. Then choose one: discard this condition; or discard a card from hand and add a threat.
Response: If your companion is about to be killed and there are no cards stacked here, exert a unique Elf and discard an Elven card from hand to stack that companion here instead.
“‘What grace has been given to me, let it pass to him. Let him be spared.’”
cut the toil 1 and make i discard the condition. no choice

2 Water Stallion Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell. Toil 2.
Spot a unique Elf, discard an Elven card from hand, and add [X] to wound X minions (twice if the fellowship is at a river) assigned to skirmish unbound companions.
“‘Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer, Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulair! Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer, Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulair!’”
cool!

2Warding Pendant of the Galadhrim Elven
Artifact • Pendant
Resistance +1
At the start of each turn, you may exert bearer to remove a threat.
Response: If a spell is played, you may add a threat or a burden to return that spell to its owner’s hand.
A pendant imbued with ancient Elves power and wisdom, given to the kin of ancient woodland Elves.
cut cost to 1

1Calling Pendant of Lothlórien Elven
Artifact • Pendant
Each time you exert bearer to play an Elven spell, you may heal bearer (limit once per phase).
Crafted by mastersmiths of Lothlórien, this special token is charged with the power of long-forgotten water spirits.

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:20 pm
DainIronfoot wrote:
Nothing. It’s a card lem0n made and was presenting as similiar to my Aura of the Valar.

Embarassed

Fair enough!

I don’t think you need to get rid of the X variable. But, adding twilight as a FP player basically means no cost. Who cares if I add 15 in the skirmish phase if I kill all the minions? I might go with removing the original discard and discarding X cards from hand (as all your others seem to follow the theme) or perhaps the same in threats (with Idrial’s ability in mind).

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:57 pm
Still trying to decide what to do with Water Stallion (another review or two would be appreciated), but for now, here are a couple more Elves.

3Aranel, Elf of Lothlórien Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Signet: Berethor
Archer. Ranger. To play, spot 2 Elves (or Idrial).
While at a forest or plains site, Aranel gains hunter 2.
Archery: Exert Aranel to wound a roaming minion; Aranel does not add to the fellowship archery total.
Idrial’s brother Aranel has long guarded the perimeter of Galadriel’s realm to the very borders of Rohan.

Idrial’s brother Aranel joins your party for a short time as they arrive on the borders of Rohan. Aranel leads a band of scouts from the nearby woods of Lothlórien to defend their woodland home...and, as a bonus, Rohan as well. He is by far the most powerful character in your party at the time, and his bow attacks are lethal. His text is inspired by all of these things, but is it too much for one character?

2 Lórien Scout Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 5
Resistance: 6
While at a forest or plains site, this companion gains hunter 1.
At the start of each archery phase, if this companion is not an archer and you can spot a roaming minion, you may exert this companion and add a threat to make the fellowship archery total +1.

And here’s an example of the Elves following Aranel, many of which you end up having to rescue from the Uruks and Orcs and Wargs that patrol the area. Still deciding if I want to make a couple unique companions as examples, too.... Think
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Thranduil
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:05 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Aranel, Elf of Lothlórien Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Signet: Berethor
Archer. Ranger. Hunter 1. To play, spot 2 Elves (or Idrial).
While at a forest or plains site, Aranel is strength +1.
Archery: Exert Aranel to wound a roaming minion; Aranel does not add to the fellowship archery total.
Idrial’s brother Aranel has long guarded the perimeter of Galadriel’s realm to the very borders of Rohan.

Take out the strength bonus line, and I’ll be happy. As it is, I think he’s already pushing balance with ranger, hunter and archer, two of the best loaded keywords coupled with one of the best unloaded.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Lórien Scout Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 5
Resistance: 6
Hunter 1.
While skirmishing a roaming minion, this companion is strength +1.
At the start of each archery phase, if this companion is at a forest or plains site, you may exert him and add a threat to make the fellowship archery total +1.

Um... what you have here is basically a non-unique archer companion. Admittedly at high cost, but I’m not sure if it’s enough. Wait for a few more reviews on this one, but I’m a bit worried.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:12 pm
Tweaked ’em both. I’m actually a little happier with each now myself, and like how the hunter text ties them together. What do YOU think?

Thranduil
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:14 pm
I like them a lot better, but I’m still worried about a non-unique archer.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards