LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
N

0 Elven Long Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be an Elf.
Well-balanced Elven swords can be used with one or two hands.
most certainly make it 1. or keep it at 0 and cut strength to 1...that would be intereesting...then with the lore say, maybe be borne in addition to one other hand weapon maybe?

Maybe that doesn’t make any sense at all Laughing

1 Steel War Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Skirmish: Play an Elven skirmish event to make a minion skirmishing bearer strength -1.
Elven swords were unique in Middle-earth, representing the pinnacle of matching a weapon to the warrior who wielded it.

cool.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:18 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

0 Elven Long Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be an Elf.
Well-balanced Elven swords can be used with one or two hands.

Wow definition of vanilla. Fine though.

1 Steel War Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Skirmish: Play an Elven skirmish event to make a minion skirmishing bearer strength -1.
Elven swords were unique in Middle-earth, representing the pinnacle of matching a weapon to the warrior who wielded it.

Wow thats heck good. Like it.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:47 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I raised the cost of the "vanilla" sword to 1 to hopefully appease Thranduil and SoP. I understand Thran’s point, and if you notice, most of what I’ve done thus far was still about reducing strength. But I figured it wouldn’t be a terrible thing to break with that norm every now and then, and in small ways. After all, Elves have plenty of big strength boosters when they need them, too...like one of my all-time favorites, Point Blank Range. Very Happy

Anyway, I promised some more interesting weapons today, and hopefully these deliver. Enjoy!

1Long-knives of Legolas, Deadly Weapons Green
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
Each time you play a Green or Elven event during a skirmish involving Legolas, you may wound an Orc or Uruk-hai in that skirmish.
Though one of the most renowned archers in Middle-earth, Legolas’ mastery in close combat was what the survivors of Helm’s Deep will always remember about him.

So hard to come up with subtitles for this when you have two or three versions spread throughout my sets! If anyone has a better suggestion, let me know: but know that "White Knives" is already taken. Smile

And now back to Idrial’s stuff. Once again, names and lore are from The Third Age, though they’re hopefully a little more pleasing to the eye than some other titles/lores I’ve used.

2Lune Silver Scimitar Elven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
While in a fierce skirmish, bearer is strength +1.
Each time a minion is wounded or exerts in a skirmish involving bearer, that minion is strength -1.
A blade of unique Elven design from the Second Age that bites deeply.

2Forlindon Mithril Falchion Elven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a unique Elf.
Each time you play an Elven tale or Elven spell, if bearer has resistance 5 or more, he or she is strength +1 until the regroup phase (limit +3).
A broad-bladed, slightly curved Elven blade spoken of in tales of Second Age battles.

This one’s probably a bit OP, but hey, I had to give it a shot. Smile
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1Long-knives of Legolas, Fighting Knives Green
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
Each time you play a Green or Elven event during a skirmish involving Legolas, you may wound an Orc or Uruk-hai in that skirmish.
Though one of the most renowned archers in Middle-earth, Legolas’ mastery in close combat was what the survivors of Helm’s Deep will always remember about him.
um..simple but deadly?

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Each time a minion is wounded or exerts in a skirmish involving bearer, that minion is strength -1 until the regroup phase.
workio

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Each time you play an Elven tale or Elven spell, if bearer has resistance 5 or more, he or she is strength +1 until the regroup phase (limit +3).
A broad-bladed, slightly curved Elven blade spoken of in tales of Second Age battles.

I think it is fine.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:27 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I raised the cost of the "vanilla" sword to 1 to hopefully appease Thranduil and SoP.

No, I thought it was fine at 0, I just don’t think Elves should have it.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be Legolas.

"Deadly weapons"? So at least you’re not repeating ’knives’? Nice card though.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Each time a minion is wounded or exerts in a skirmish involving bearer, that minion is strength -1 until the regroup phase.

Fair enough. I’d prefer a slightly simpler second ability, though.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1

Yeah, take out the limit! It’s fine without it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:00 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I raised the cost of the "vanilla" sword to 1 to hopefully appease Thranduil and SoP.

Hey what about me now im not happy! And see Thrans comment he thought it was balanced just disliked it! Put it back to zero dwarf!

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be Legolas.

LOL double knives sounds silly. Fighting blades perhaps? Cool text.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.

Id cut the til regroup bit it would be fine and more balanced to last just for that fight. nice card.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1

No i think its fine cos its unique.

"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:08 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Okay, I took the Long Sword back down to 0 and make a couple tweaks the last batch. Far less controversy than I expected, though, so moving on!

As I’ve said elsewhere, the last few days have been completely absorbed by a major test I had to take. I haven’t really had time to make new cards for this (or any of my DC threads), but fortunately I do have a few helms I’ve held in reserve. So here they are. It’s a possession that Elves could certainly stand to have a couple of...and one that was used far too infrequently for other races that DO have it. Enjoy! Smile

0 Elven Battle Helm Elven
Possession • Helm
Resistance +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound during the skirmish phase, discard this possession to prevent that.
A gold-plated steel helm built for increased visibility.

1 Battle Helm of Lórien Elven
Possession • Helm
Resistance +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard an Elven or Green card from hand and add a threat to prevent that.
A swan-shaped, open-faced helm that offers excellent protection and visibility.

2Silver Tiara of Caras Galadhon Elven
Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a unique Elf (except the Ring-bearer).
Each time an Elven or Green card exerts bearer as the cost of an ability, you may add a threat to place no token for that exertion (limit once per phase).
Regroup: Discard Silver Tiera of Caras Galadhon and exert bearer to remove a burden and a threat.
A finely wrought gift from the realm of Lórien that grants special power to the wearer.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:59 am; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:36 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be an Elf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound during the skirmish phase, discard this possession to prevent that.

Fair enough.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be an Elf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard an Elven or Green card from hand (or discard another card from hand and add a threat) to prevent that.

That’s a nice exception in brackets, but I think I’d prefer it without.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Silver Tiera of Caras Galadhon Elven
Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a unique Elf (except the Ring-bearer). Bearer may not bear another artifact (except for hand weapons).
Each time bearer must exert as a cost, you may add a threat instead.
Regroup: Discard Silver Tiera of Caras Galadhon and exert bearer to remove a burden and a threat.
A finely wrought gift from the realm of Lórien that grants special power to the wearer.

Do you not mean ’Tiara?’ I don’t understand what exactly this card represents. Whose tiara? Until then, I can’t make an informed decision on flavour for this card.

As far as balance and wording goes, I don’t think the artifact penalty is necessary, and I would phrase the first ability: ’Each time an Elven or Green card exerts bearer as the cost of an ability, you may add a threat to place no token for that exertion,’ by which I’m also suggesting that I reckon you need some cultural reinforcement on there as well.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:17 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Helm
Bearer must be an Elf.
give it something else. resistance + or something

Possession • Helm
Bearer must be an Elf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard an Elven or Green card from hand (or discard another card from hand and add a threat) to prevent that.
cool. maybe strength +1 too

Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Each time an Elven or Green card exerts bearer as the cost of an ability, you may add a threat to place no token for that exertion.

tiera? tiara methinks.

cool!
"DáinIronfoot"
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:44 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Helm
Bearer must be an Elf.

Fair enough. Could have a res +1 to make it worthwhile.

Possession • Helm
Bearer must be an Elf.

A bit too good prevention there DI. Needs to be 2 cards or an elf card and a threat and get rid of brackets.

Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Each time an Elven or Green card exerts bearer as the cost of an ability, you may add a threat to place no token for that exertion.

"Tiara". Its very cool but potentially lethal. You could put this on greenleaf and shoot minions down like crazy then use into the west to do it all again next turn. The regroup ability is ok. Needs attention to the other line though.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards