LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:34 am
It’s cool.

As for lands, it depends on the deck. Outside very, very rare circumstances, you want 2-4 lands in hand (ideally 3). In any deck outside tournament ready vintage, don’t keep 0 land hands ever, and I don’t ever keep 6 or 7.

You can keep a one land hand if you have birds of paradise and a low mana curve (a lot of cheap cards) or if you can last a few turns without land and you’re on the draw. 5 Lands is keepable if you have a mana intensive deck or something like summer bloom.
Pipsqueak
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:37 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Next question: Can the game end any other way than by depleting your draw deck or getting killed (lifewise)?
Long live the southern bros. Homage
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:03 pm
There are some you win the game cards, as well as some you lose the game cards... but nothing else really comes to mind.

Oh yeah- the most obscure one. Poison counters. But the two ways you mentioned are the only really plausable ways to have that happen. the rest are only possible in the most casual of casual games.
Pipsqueak
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:04 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Thanks for all your help, Grail Very Happy.
Long live the southern bros. Homage
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:58 am
np, lemme know if there’s anything else you need.
Ilvaldi
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:35 am
Hmm...now that I remember, Osion was the guy that got me into MTG and taught me the basics. That’s where I learned about the stack and stuff.

Speaking of stack, Grail, you should explain about priority. I’m not good with explanations on rules so you should try.

By the way, about Yu-Gi-Oh, after learning a little bit about Magic’s "incident’ with the power nine, I have to say, Yu-Gi-Oh is alot like MTG. Its not really a spitting image of MTG, but rather a spitting image of MTG’s past. Some of the series’s starting cards were:

Dark Hole--the equivalent of your everyday Wrath of God.

Raigeki--the not-so-everyday-superbroken-would-be-power-nine-if-it-were-an-MTG-card-Wrath of God.

Monster reborn--your typical exhume

Change of Heart--the card that taught newbs about "Control Decks"

Gemini Elf--your typical savannah lions.

Yu-Gi-Oh was basically similar to MTG, and, I’m sure that if any MTG player who had a years-worth of experience, would be able to sweep through the game easily and possibly become pro. It wasn’t that hard. Some of the cards were as broken as the power nines.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:31 am
Total irrelevance.... nobody likes yugioh! It’s like "OoO let’s make MTG for little kids!"

Seriously, I’m not even joking. My little cousin in new Jersey made me play it with him once and I was disgusted.

As for priority, it’s a difficult thing to explain w/o a situation. It’s basically a thing with the active player stacking things, and with triggers, very intricate and not very useful except probably once a day in long, long days at tourneys.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions