LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:03 am
As a celebration of pure exhaustion, here are more random DCs. Inspiration from page-flipping through the books.

2 You Lie Quiet Orc
Event ∙ Maneuver
Exert an Orc Orc to make the Free Peoples player exert an unbound companion (or make the Free Peoples player wound a Ring-bound companion if you can spot 2 Ring-bound companions).
"’...or you’ll pay for it! You’ve not got long to live in peace, I guess; but if you don’t want the fun to begin right now, keep your mouth shut, see?’"

1 ∙Uneasiness Gollum
Condition
Bearer must be Smeagol.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may spot Frodo to reveal a card at random from a Shadow player’s hand. If the revealed card is a Shadow card, remove 2 or remove a threat.
"...and every now and again he stood up to his full height, craning his neck eastward and southward."

0 Down from the Door Shire
Event ∙ Maneuver or Skirmish
Exert Bilbo to play a Shire tale from your discard pile.
"’Now far ahead the Road has gone, / And I must follow, if I can, / Pursuing it with weary feet, / Until it joins some larger way...’"

2 ∙Eowyn, Riding For Death Rohan
Companion ∙ Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Muster. Valiant.
For each threat you spot, Eowyn is strength +1.
"’Where will wants not, a way opens, so we say... and so I have found myself.’"

0 ∙No Wish for Triumphs Gondor
Condition
Resistance +4
To play, spot Faramir who is not your Ring-bearer. Bearer must be Faramir.
Each time Faramir kills a minion in a skirmish, you may exert him to remove a burden.
"’But fear no more! I would not take this thing, if it lay by the highway. Not were Minas Tirith falling in ruin and I alone could save her, so, using the weapon of the Dark Lord for her good and my glory.’"

That one is less made with balance as it is made with truth to the story. Faramir by rights should be a resistance machine.

0 Great Cavernous Hall
<------
Underground. When the fellowship moves to this site, add 1 for each companion bearing more than 2 possessions.

Big companions tend to echo.

Actually, I was going to make more... but I’m spent for now.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:17 am
menace64 wrote:

2 You Lie Quiet Orc
Event ∙ Maneuver
Exert an Orc Orc to make the Free Peoples player exert an unbound companion (or make the Free Peoples player wound a Ring-bound companion if you can spot 2 Ring-bound companions).
"’...or you’ll pay for it! You’ve not got long to live in peace, I guess; but if you don’t want the fun to begin right now, keep your mouth shut, see?’"

Excellent.

1 ∙Uneasiness Gollum
Condition
Bearer must be Smeagol.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may spot Frodo to reveal a card at random from a Shadow player’s hand. If the revealed card is a Shadow card, remove 2 or remove a threat.
"...and every now and again he stood up to his full height, craning his neck eastward and southward."

The second "remove" is uncessary, apart from that cool.

"’Now far ahead the Road has gone, / And I must follow, if I can, / Pursuing it with weary feet, / Until it joins some larger way...’"

Spot would be fine.

Companion ∙ Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Muster. Valiant.

Eowyn is strength +1 for each threat you spot is the correct phrasing. She needs to cost 3 and lose muster cos thats just insanely hard.

Condition
Resistance +4
Each time Faramir kills a minion in a skirmish, you may exert him to remove a burden.
"’But fear no more! I would not take this thing, if it lay by the highway. Not were Minas Tirith falling in ruin and I alone could save her, so, using the weapon of the Dark Lord for her good and my glory.’"

Cut the burden removal. Gondor shouldnt be given burden removal. gees i repeat myself too much. I need put this in my signature.

0 Great Cavernous Hall
<------
Underground. When the fellowship moves to this site, add 1 for each companion bearing more than 2 possessions.

Sweet.

Big companions tend to echo.

LOL classic.

Actually, I was going to make more... but I’m spent for now.

Its fine thats a good batch. As usual.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:27 am
So you have time for all these awesome DCs but not to vote in my contest? Razz

I agree with everything lem0n said, otherwise.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:34 am
Thranduil wrote:
So you have time for all these awesome DCs but not to vote in my contest? Razz

Haha class. It is amazing how many people post loads but dont vote, its not like its hard.

I agree with everything lem0n said, otherwise.

Sweet!

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:22 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
menace64 wrote:
As a celebration of pure exhaustion, here are more random DCs. Inspiration from page-flipping through the books.

Dude. Shocked Hope you’re able to get some rest!

menace64 wrote:
2 You Lie Quiet Orc
Event ∙ Maneuver

Neat. You MIGHT be able to get away with bringing the cost down to 1.

menace64 wrote:
1 ∙Uneasiness Gollum
Condition
Bearer must be Smeagol.

Like lem0n said.

menace64 wrote:

I think I’d prefer just spotting and costing 1.

menace64 wrote:
Companion ∙ Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Muster. Valiant.

I hate to increase the "normal" costs of companions, but lem0n’s right...as is, she needs to cost 3. However, if you bring her strength down to 5 and put a cap of, say, +3 or +4 on her ability, and require her to spot another Rohan Man to play, she’s probably okay at 2.

menace64 wrote:
Condition
Resistance +4

I like the resistance, but I think the burden thing is too much. Perhaps make each other companion resistance +2 until regroup instead or something. Then it would still be awesome, but not broken.

menace64 wrote:
0 Great Cavernous Hall
<------

I’d include artifacts, too. No complaints otherwise, though.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
they look good...why so little sleep?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards