LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:24 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
0 Cunning of Mind Sauron
Event • Shadow
Discard a Sauron minion (or spot Sauron) to take into hand a Shadow artifact from your draw deck or discard pile (or remove 2 to take into hand a legendary card from your dead pile).

I think the wording would be better like this:

Discard a Sauron minion (or spot Sauron) to choose one: take into hand a Shadow artifact from your draw deck or discard pile; or remove 2 to take into hand a legendary card from your dead pile.

Interesting how the latter part can work with FP cards. I like that!

Thranduil wrote:
3 Cunning of Mouth Sauron
Event • Regroup
Discard a Sauron minion (or spot Sauron) to discard a card borne by a companion. Then, if that companion bears a Sauron condition, add a burden.

Maybe limit this to companions skirmishing that minion.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:27 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Interesting how the latter part can work with FP cards. I like that!

Not currently: I was envisaging a separate dead pile for your Free Peoples and Shadow cards. Do you think this should change?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:41 pm
I don’t see any reason to keep them apart. I’m sure there would be ways to break that if someone really sat down and thought about it, but I can’t think of any offhand.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anvar
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:24 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Let’s have a pair of related events:

0 Cunning of Mind Sauron
Event • Shadow
Discard a Sauron minion (or spot Sauron) to take into hand a Shadow artifact from your draw deck or discard pile (or remove 2 to take into hand a legendary card from your dead pile).

Argh! Too many clauses. Let’s remove some of those brackets and/or options, or subordinate clauses, so as to clarify the meaning (or the sense (or understanding)) of the card (or perhaps the text of it).

Can I suggest the following text:

Discard a Sauron minion (or spot Sauron) to take into hand a Shadow artifact from your draw deck, discard or dead pile.

If that’s too good, then make it two different cards, one which takes artifacts from the deck/discard, and one that fetches from the dead pile.

Or:
Spot Sauron to take into hand a Shadow artifact from your draw deck or discard pile (or remove 2 to take into hand a Shadow artifact from your dead pile).

Somehow you need to lose a few clauses from this card,
Anvar
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:50 am
Thranduil wrote:

0 Cunning of Mind Sauron
Event • Shadow

I think its phrased ok, the card is fine even if i dont like the idea of getting legendary stuff back.

Event • Regroup
Discard a Sauron minion (or spot Sauron) to discard a card borne by a companion. Then, if that companion bears a Sauron condition, add a burden.

Oof. Harsh.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:28 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
I think its phrased ok, the card is fine even if i dont like the idea of getting legendary stuff back.

I don’t think any culture has more than 1 card that does it, and I think some might not have it at all (I can’t think of any for Elven or Dwarven). Gondor and Sauron are the best at it, I think.

And changed Cunning of Mind a little.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

0 Cunning of Mind Sauron
Event • Shadow
Discard a Sauron minion (or spot Sauron) to choose one: take into hand a Shadow artifact from your draw deck or discard pile; or remove a threat to place a legendary card from your dead pile into your discard pile.
I think it shoudl be exert a sauron minion

Event • Regroup

Thranduil

this is fine. maybe 2 cost though? up to you.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:37 pm
Hmmm....

Haven’t made any new Shadow cards for this set in quite a while.

Here’s one! Bit boring, but there you go, just to emphasise the Sauron culture in its toolbox capacity.

2 Wrath Revealed Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Sauron minion to discard a condition, possession or artifact.

Remember that many artifacts are legendary and so require additional costs to discard them.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:41 pm
Thranduil wrote:
2 Wrath Revealed Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Sauron minion to discard a condition, possession or artifact.

Remember that many artifacts are legendary and so require additional costs to discard them.

And remember that lem0n and I view this in the bounds of the entire game, not just your sets in and of themselves. So most artifacts are NOT, in fact, legendary.

That being said, I think this is okay since it’s a mere event. Perhaps make it exert that minion, though.

Anvar
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:44 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Hmmm....

Haven’t made any new Shadow cards for this set in quite a while.

Here’s one! Bit boring, but there you go, just to emphasise the Sauron culture in its toolbox capacity.

2 Wrath Revealed Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Sauron minion to discard a condition, possession or artifact.

Thranduil

Agree with Dain, should be exert.

Anvar

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards