LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:45 am
Changed the banner and subtlety. Good?

And a new version of Ensnared will be coming soon, with some buddies!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:50 am
Yeah better.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:00 am
3 Ensnared Sauron
Condition
To play, exert a Sauron character.
Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer).
At the start of each turn, bearer’s resistance is reduced to 0 until the end of the turn.

3 Under His Influence Sauron
Condition
You may assign bearer unless he or she exerts at the start of the assignment phase.

2 Deception Sauron
Condition
Each time the Free Peoples plays an event during a skirmish involving bearer, you may exert him or her.

1 • Guided Their Labours Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Sauron condition on a companion, its twilight cost is -1 for each artifact borne by that companion (or -2 if that companion bears a ring).
Shadow: Discard a Sauron condition borne by a companion to play a Sauron or Wraith artifact from your discard pile.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:47 am
Thranduil wrote:
3 Ensnared Sauron
Condition
At the start of each turn, bearer’s resistance is reduced to 0 until the end of the turn.

I dont understand why uve remade this? It still does the same OP thing as last time.

2 Under His Influence Sauron
Condition
You may assign bearer unless he or she exerts at the start of the assignment phase.

Thought about rephrasing Assignment: Assign a minion to skirmish bearer. The Free Peoples player may exert to prevent this and assign a minion to that skirmish. But that means that companions has to fight then. Hmmm tricky, dont like the wording but think its best you can do. Think it needs unique, or every companion is gonna be exerting each turn realistically!

1 Deception Sauron
Condition
Each time the Free Peoples plays an event during a skirmish involving bearer, you may exert him or her.

Argh these cards are all just so nasty. Stop playing nasty crap on companions. Too many evil stuff being put on comps, tone your tactic down Thran.

Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Sauron condition on a companion, its twilight cost is -1 for each artifact borne by that companion (or -2 if that companion bears a ring).
Shadow: Discard a Sauron condition borne by a companion to play a Sauron or Wraith artifact from your discard pile.

And now theryre all cheaper! Razz But to be fair i actually dont have a problem with this. Thumbs Up

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
3 Ensnared Sauron
Condition
I still think it should be 1...

2 Under His Influence Sauron
Condition
sure

1 Deception Sauron
Condition
I guess you could be tossing a lot of exertions around with these though

Condition • Support Area

all good!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:29 am
Raised the costs of two bearable conditions (except Ensnared) partly because they’re nasty, partly because I wanted Guided Their Labours to have more of an effect.

lem0nhead wrote:
I dont understand why uve remade this? It still does the same OP thing as last time.

I would contest this. Now, it does not have a built in cost reduction, it does not take effect on the turn that you play it, and the FP player can increase the person’s resistance during the turn before it resets at the start of the next.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:02 am
Thranduil wrote:

I would contest this. Now, it does not have a built in cost reduction, it does not take effect on the turn that you play it,

Ok i concede on this, but....

Thranduil wrote:

the FP player can increase the person’s resistance during the turn before it resets at the start of the next.
Thranduil

Ok how often does that happen? And also this leads to an interesting gameplay issue. Say i have a companion out that says each X is resistance +1. Thats active at the start of the turn so does this get cancelled? Cos its also active throughout the rest of the turn. So are they 0 or 1 for the turn?
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:45 am
When two effects are due to happen at the same time, I’m almost certain the FP player chooses which one happens first. So you would have resistance 1. Also, I’m making a point of cards to increase people’s resistance during the turn, for example Wisdom Increased - an Elven event in a recent post - and the White Tree of Numenor which will appear at some point.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Thranduil
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:37 am
I’m hoping those conditions are aptly costed. Now moving on to some Orcs, I think.

So, the main strategy as far as Orcs go. The main bits are enduring, bloodlust and threats with a grind theme. So, here’s a first simple cycle of minion based on those that remove threats for strength pumps from RotK (’Dagorlad’ being the plain on which the final battle of the Last Alliance was fought):

2 Dagorlad Legionnaire Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 6
Vit: 2
Sit: 6
Enduring 5.

3 Dagorlad Warrior Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 7
Enduring 6.

4 Dagorlad Chieftain Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 8
Enduring 7.

So nice and simple so far. Now for some slightly different stuff:

5 • Dagorlad Beserker Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 10
Bloodlust 2.
Skirmish:
Exert this minion to exert a companion it is skirmishing.
Skirmish: Exert 2 other Sauron Orcs to heal this minion.

And I think a fun artifact:

1 • Tower of Barad-Dur Sauron
Artifact • Support Area
Legendary 4 (The Free Peoples player must add 4 in addition to any other costs in order to discard this card. When discarded, this card goes to the dead pile)
To play, exert 3 Sauron minions (or spot 3 threats and 3 Sauron minions).
Skirmish: Remove 2 threats to heal a Sauron minion.
Regroup: Discard a Sauron minion to add a threat.
While Tower of Barad-Dur is in your dead pile, each Sauron minion is roaming.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
all the first one work, though I think the enduring should be tuned down by 1 on the last one
Thranduil wrote:

5 Dagorlad Beserker Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 10
Bloodlust 2.
Skirmish:
Exert this minion to exert a companion it is skirmishing.
Skirmish: Exert 2 other Sauron Orcs to heal this minion.
OW. freeps need a way to prevent the second Ability IMSO.

1 • Tower of Barad-Dur Sauron
Artifact • Support Area
Legendary 4
To play, exert 3 Sauron minions (or spot 3 threats and 3 Sauron minions).
Skirmish: Remove a threat to exert or heal a Sauron minion.
Regroup: Discard a Sauron minion to add a threat (or a burden if you cannot add a threat).
While Tower of Barad-Dur is in your dead pile, each Sauron minion is roaming.

GP for explainer text. is roaming bad with these guys or good?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards