LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:30 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 Dagorlad Legionnaire Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 6
Vit: 2
Sit: 6
Enduring 6.

3 Dagorlad Warrior Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 7
Enduring 7.

4 Dagorlad Chieftain Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 8
Enduring 9.

My beef with these guys is its kinda like dunlendings on acid. Take this last guy. If hes wounded he is 4/17/1. Even dunlendings werent this good, theyhad double the cost. Id drop the enduring by a mile. Most of your cards say exert to do something so its not hard to place the wounds required.

5 Dagorlad Beserker Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 10
Bloodlust 2.
Skirmish:
Exert this minion to exert a companion it is skirmishing.
Skirmish: Exert 2 other Sauron Orcs to heal this minion.

Wow he’d need to be rare and unique cos thats awesome.

1 • Tower of Barad-Dur Sauron
Artifact • Support Area
Legendary 4 (The Free Peoples player must add 4 in addition to any other costs in order to discard this card. When discarded, this card goes to the dead pile)
To play, exert 3 Sauron minions (or spot 3 threats and 3 Sauron minions).
Skirmish: Remove a threat to exert or heal a Sauron minion.
Regroup: Discard a Sauron minion to add a threat (or a burden if you cannot add a threat).
While Tower of Barad-Dur is in your dead pile, each Sauron minion is roaming.

See this makes the enduro guys ridiculous. Tone them down as io said earlier and this will be my review of this card: Remove a threat to exert a guy is fine but should be 2 threats for healing from a condition. Otherwise too good. Could phrase it "Remove a threat to exert a Sauron minion (or 2 threats to heal one). And also it wouldnt be hard to max threats out (rotk red eyes) and discarding a minion for a burden is outrageous. Id make a deck with this and peril and standard red eye corruption. Play crap loads of minions for free in regroup and chuck them for burderns galore. I cant see a good way of rectifying it so id cut the burden bit entirely. Sorry!

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:35 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
My beef with these guys is its kinda like dunlendings on acid. Take this last guy. If hes wounded he is 4/17/1. Even dunlendings werent this good, theyhad double the cost. Id drop the enduring by a mile. Most of your cards say exert to do something so its not hard to place the wounds required.

Except that these guys are site 6. And, SoP, I’m not planning on exploiting roaming like in RotK.

Other cards changed as suggested.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:

Except that these guys are site 6. And, SoP, I’m not planning on exploiting roaming like in RotK.
Other cards changed as suggested.
Thranduil

I think lemon is right...maybe cut all their endurings down 2 more. that woudl still make them good, but not as broken.

and re roaming, gotcha Thumbs Up
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:32 pm
I suspected I was going to have to bring the enduring down, but I thought: what the hell and posted them anyway! Twisted Evil

I might leave these last posts to stew for a little bit in the (slim) hope of more reviews and thoughts on mechanics and keywords.

Oh, and because I’m starting another thread soon which is probably the height of weirdness in this set! Very Happy

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:56 am
Thranduil wrote:
I suspected I was going to have to bring the enduring down, but I thought: what the hell and posted them anyway! Twisted Evil

You should have expected me to moan surely! Razz

I might leave these last posts to stew for a little bit in the (slim) hope of more reviews and thoughts on mechanics and keywords.

That is a very very slim hope sadly.

Oh, and because I’m starting another thread soon which is probably the height of weirdness in this set! Very Happy

O gees I’m not going to like this am I?

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:32 am
Well my slim hope failed to win out, so I’m just going to post a few more Orcs, this time in the theme of the builders and constructors of Mordor, which was fortified during the Second Age.

2 Orc Labourer Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 5
Vit: 3
To play, spot 2 Sauron conditions (or a Sauron artifact).
Shadow: Exert this minion to add a threat. The Free Peoples player may exert a companion to prevent this.

2 Slave of Barad-Dur Sauron
Minion • Orc
Shadow: Exert this minion to play a Sauron condition from your discard pile. The Free Peoples player may discard the top card of their draw deck to prevent this.

4 Worker of Barad-Dur Sauron
Minion • Orc
Maneuver: Exert this minion to make another Sauron minion gain enduring 1 or bloodlust 1 until the regroup phase.

4 Denizen of Barad-Dur Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 9
Stalwart - make another Sauron minion gain enduring 2 or bloodlust 2 until the regroup phase.
Maneuver: Exert this minion to make it strength -1 until the regroup phase.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:39 am
Thranduil wrote:
Well my slim hope failed to win out, so I’m just going to post a few more Orcs, this time in the theme of the builders and constructors of Mordor, which was fortified during the Second Age.

1 Orc Labourer Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 4
Shadow: Exert this minion to add a threat.

What??? 2 threats for one guy. Wouldnt you call a 1/4/1 guy who says when you play him add 2 threats a little strong?

Minion • Orc
Shadow: Exert this minion to play a Sauron condition from your discard pile. The Free Peoples player may discard the top 2 cards of their draw deck to prevent this.

Id make it top card as you can do it twice.

3 Worker of Barad-Dur Sauron
Minion • Orc
Maneuver: Exert this minion to make another Sauron minion gain enduring 1 or bloodlust 1 until the regroup phase.

Nice tie in with the other guys on the enduring thing but id cost this guy at 4.

Minion • Orc
Stalwart - make another Sauron minion gain enduring 2 or bloodlust 2 until the regroup phase.

Interesting. Probably ok.

Thranduil
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:29 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 Orc Labourer Sauron
Minion • Orc
Shadow: Exert this minion to add a threat. The Free Peoples player may exert a companion to prevent this.
coolio

Minion • Orc
Shadow: Exert this minion to play a Sauron condition from your discard pile. The Free Peoples player may discard the top card of their draw deck to prevent this.
I would say draw deck or discard pile...no nvm yours is good

Minion • Orc
coolio!

Minion • Orc

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:39 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
1 Orc Labourer Sauron
Minion • Orc

I agree with lem0n. Even with the stiff spotting, I’d raise his cost to 2, and then maybe up his strength to 5 to compensate. Otherwise, you get 8 threats or 4 FP exertions for only 4!

Alternatively, if you pushed his ability back to another phase (after the FP player has a chance to hurt him), then he might be alright.

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Orc

Little-known fact: in a game full of 6/3 companions, Big D never made a single 6/3 minion. It’s true!

Anyway, I’d prefer "his or her" instead of "their", but this seems alright other than that.

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Orc

Yeah, better at 4. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Orc

With his high strength, that’s probably fine. Not every day you’ll see a minion that wants to reduce its own strength, though! Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:04 pm
With the most reviews I’ve had in a thread for a long time, it’s time to continue:

Perhaps some kit?

2 Axe of Mordor Sauron
Possession • Hand Weapon
To play, remove a Sauron card in your discard pile from the game.
Bearer must be a Sauron Orc.
Bearer gains bloodlust 1 and enduring 1.

1 Orkish Mail Sauron
Possession • Armor
While you can spot 3 threats, bearer is vitality +1.

The principle being more vitality means more enduring! Twisted Evil

7 • Dagorlad Horde Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 15
While you can spot 3 threats, this minion gains bloodlust 2.
While you can spot 5 threats, this minion gains enduring 2.
While you the number of threats equals the number of companions, this minion is fierce.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards