LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:15 am
That was an awesome fact DI lol nice one.

Thranduil wrote:

1 Axe of Mordor Sauron
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Sauron Orc.
Bearer gains bloodlust 1 and enduring 1.

How about exerting to play it and cost 2.

1 Orkish Mail Sauron
Possession • Armor
Unless it is the fierce assignment phase, bearer gains "Stalwart - make bearer vitality +1 until the end of the turn."

I dislike the weird wording intensely. Is there not a better way to do whatever it is youre trying to achieve?

7 • Dagorlad Horde Sauron
Minion • Orc
Str: 15
Vit: 2
Sit: 6
While you can spot 3 threats, this minion gains bloodlust 2.
While you can spot 5 threats, this minion gains enduring 2.
While you cannot add a threat, this minion gains fierce.

If a free peoples card said threats cannot be added, would that count? Razz Im sure id put "maximum threats". Also its "is fierce" not gains.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:13 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
2 Axe of Mordor Sauron
Possession • Hand Weapon

Agree with lem0n, as you’re giving some awfully powerful keywords out, there. Or maybe make it vitality -1?

Thranduil wrote:
1 Orkish Mail Sauron
Possession • Armor
Unless it is the fierce assignment phase, bearer gains "Stalwart - make bearer vitality +1 until the end of the turn."

Eh...I dunno. The wording certainly makes sense, but like lem0n said, it’s rather clumsy. Perhaps just make it a permanent vit +1 and limit the strength of Orcs that can bear it, kind of like what Big D did with wargs.

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Orc

What lem0n said. I might instead word it something like "While you can spot the same number of companions and threats...".
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
With the most reviews I’ve had in a thread for a long time, it’s time to continue:

Perhaps some kit?

2 Axe of Mordor Sauron
Possession • Hand Weapon
coolio!

1 Orkish Mail Sauron
Possession • Armor
get rid of the unless thing

Minion • Orc

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:28 am
Changed the last lot round a bit. Any problems, shout!

I’m in Numenor mode at the moment, so let’s have a serious adversary. This guy was in fact the last king of Numenor who sent his huge fleet and landed on Valinor by the persuasion of Sauron thereby causing the end of Numenor and the refashioning of the world so that it was no longer flat but round.

6 • Ar-Pharazon, the Golden Men
Minion • Man
Str: 11
Vit: 4
Sit: 3
Enduring 2. Legendary 3 - (When discarded, Ar-Pharazon goes to the dead pile. The Free Peoples player must add 3 in addition to any other costs in order to discard Ar-Pharazon).
Each Man companion is strength -1 (or -2 if he or she bears an artifact).
Regroup: Exert Ar-Pharazon twice to make the Free Peoples player discard a companion. Discard Ar-Pharazon.
Shadow: If Ar-Pharazon is in the dead pile, discard 3 minions (or a unique Sauron minion) to remove him from the game.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:44 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:58 am
Thranduil wrote:

6 • Ar-Pharazon, the Golden Men Thumbs Up Smile
Minion • Man
Str: 12
Enduring 3. Legendary 3 - (When discarded, Ar-Pharazon goes to the dead pile. The Free Peoples player must add 3 in addition to any other costs in order to discard Ar-Pharazon).
Each Man companion is stength -1 (or -2 if he or she bears an artifact).
Regroup: Exert Ar-Pharazon to make the Free Peoples player discard a companion. Discard Ar-Pharazon.
Shadow: If Ar-Pharazon is in the dead pile, discard 3 minions (or a unique Sauron minion) to remove him from the game.

Thranduil

Typo on strength.

Nice idea on the last line but i dont like it much.

I know you said he’s supposed to be awesome but that doesnt excuse OP! 6 cost for all that is ridiculous. Enduring 3 with 4 vitality??? Argh. Tone down or up cost please!
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:20 am
lem0nhead wrote:
I know you said he’s supposed to be awesome but that doesnt excuse OP! 6 cost for all that is ridiculous. Enduring 3 with 4 vitality??? Argh. Tone down or up cost please!

I figured the fact that he goes to the dead pile is such a huge disadvantage. Think

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:51 am
Yeah a one shot guy i suppose is closer to being balanced whilst being nasty but nevertheless id be happy to have this guy out just once in the game cos he’s lethal.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:15 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Lem0n’s right...even with the slightly reduced enduring, he’s still just too good. Lower his strength by 1 or 2, or raise his cost by 1, and I’ll be happier. Optionally, you could make his regroup ability exert him twice and he MIGHT be okay. Walking a fine line, for sure.

Oh, and I’d make him Sauron culture.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:29 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

6 • Ar-Pharazon, the Golden Men
Minion • Man
Enduring 2. Legendary 3 - (When discarded, Ar-Pharazon goes to the dead pile. The Free Peoples player must add 3 in addition to any other costs in order to discard Ar-Pharazon).
Each Man companion is strength -1 (or -2 if he or she bears an artifact).
Regroup: Exert Ar-Pharazon twice to make the Free Peoples player discard a companion. Discard Ar-Pharazon.
l

does that mean they have to remove 3 to discard him in regroup?cut vitality by 1 and we are good
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:36 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Men Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Oh, and I’d make him Sauron culture.

You guys are hardly any help at all! Very Happy

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Lem0n’s right...even with the slightly reduced enduring, he’s still just too good. Lower his strength by 1 or 2, or raise his cost by 1, and I’ll be happier. Optionally, you could make his regroup ability exert him twice and he MIGHT be okay. Walking a fine line, for sure.

Toned him down a little.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
does that mean they have to remove 3 to discard him in regroup?

The Free Peoples player would have to, but sites and Shadow players do not, nor does the usual order of the turn.

While on the subject of evil Men, let’s have some Haradrim kings mentioned I think once in the Rings of Power section of the Silmarillion as on the side of Sauron and never expanded upon again. I love it when Tolkien does that. Like werewolves - what the hell are they about? Cool

7 • Huremor, King of Haradrim Men
Minion • Man
Str: 12
Sit: 4
Fierce. Stalwart - make each Man minion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Huremor’s twilight cost is -1 for each Shadow culture you can spot.

Shadow cultures is a theme I’ll be picking up a bit later, so keep your eyes peeled...

7 • Fuinir, King of Haradrim Men
Minion • Man
Sit: 4
Fierce. Stalwart - make each Man fierce until the regroup phase.
Fuinir’s twilight cost is -1 for each Man you can spot.
Shadow: Exert Fuinir or Huremor twice to play a Man minion from your draw deck.

Haven’t thought much about the Men strategies, though I suspect fierce and stalwart are going to be main themes.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:18 am; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards