LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:46 am
Thranduil wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:
Men Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Oh, and I’d make him Sauron culture.

You guys are hardly any help at all! Very Happy

Hey SoP agreed with me if you look!

7 • Huremor, King of Haradrim Men
Minion • Man
Str: 12
Vit: 4
Sit: 4
Fierce. Stalwart - make each Man minion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Huremor’s twilight cost is -1 for each Shadow culture you can spot.

Apart from durin III his stalwart is unlikely. Id say each other culture and drop to 6.

7 • Fuinir, Great and Cruel Men
Minion • Man
Str: 10
Fierce. Stalwart - make each Man fierce until the regroup phase.
Fuinir’s twilight cost is -1 for each Man you can spot.
Fellowship: Exert Fuinir or Huremor twice to play a Man minion from your draw deck.

Wow nasty stalwart. I dont understand, a minion is never out in a fellowship phase.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:58 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
7 • Huremor, King of Haradrim Men
Minion • Man
Fierce. Stalwart - make each Man minion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Huremor’s twilight cost is -1 for each Shadow culture you can spot.

Looks fine. His strong stalwart ability is balanced by the fact that it’s pretty unlikely it’ll trigger much.

Thranduil wrote:
7 • Fuinir, Great and Cruel Men
Minion • Man
Str: 10
Fierce. Stalwart - make each Man fierce until the regroup phase.
Fuinir’s twilight cost is -1 for each Man you can spot.
Fellowship: Exert Fuinir or Huremor twice to play a Man minion from your draw deck.

I assume that fellowship ability is supposed to be a Shadow ability? Here, the stalwart worries me a little. I’d raise his strength to 11 to ensure it doesn’t trigger QUITE as often.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:19 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Hey SoP agreed with me if you look!

Yes, I know and I have since changed his culture to Men.

lem0nhead wrote:
Wow nasty stalwart. I dont understand, a minion is never out in a fellowship phase.

d'oh!
Dain’s right, it’s supposed to say Shadow. Thanks for paying attention! Very Happy

I was planning on some strength reducers for Men to make stalwart more interesting. Haven’t as yet thought much about Men support, though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
actually, lem0n I thought it had been decided as Man, I really don’t care but for the purpose of the exercise, I say raider Wink

agree with dain on the new cards
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:38 pm
We’ll soon be moving onto some Nazgul, but until then, let’s have a Sauron (we haven’t had enough so far! Very Happy) to support and corrupt Men. And again we see him in his insidious form.

(King of Men is one of his self-styled titles)

5 • Sauron, King of Men Sauron
Minion • Maia
Str: 7
Enduring 1.
Each unbound Man is resistance -2 (or -3 if he or she bears an artifact).
Skirmish: Exert Sauron to make a Man or Nazgul strength +2 or -2.

And a little cycle as well, making Sauron culture into a bit of a toolbox:

2 Arrayed for Battle Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Sauron minion to make a minion strength +2 (and gain bloodlust 1 if that minion is a Man).

2 Creatures of Morgoth Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Sauron minion to make a minion strength +2 (or +4 if that minion is an Orc).

2 Deepening Shadow Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Sauron minion to make a minion strength +2 (and gain terror 1 until the regroup phase if that minion is a Nazgul).

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:04 am
Thranduil wrote:

4 • Sauron, King of Men Sauron
Minion • Maia
Str: 7
Enduring 1.
Each unbound Man is resistance -2 (or -3 if he or she bears an artifact).
Skirmish: Exert Sauron to make a Man or Nazgul strength +2 or -2.

Cost 5 should make him a bit more balanced.

2 Arrayed for Battle Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Sauron minion to make a minion strength +2 (and gain bloodlust 1 if that minion is a Man).

Erm ok.

2 Creatures of Morgoth Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Sauron minion to make a minion strength +2 (or +4 if that minion is an Orc).

Cool.

2 Deepening Shadow Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Sauron minion to make a minion strength +2 (and gain terror 1 until the regroup phase if that minion is a Nazgul).

Yikes. Ok.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:32 am
I agree with lem0n. Loving the mutli-cultural Shadow stuff. Keep it up! Thumbs Up

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:06 pm
Talking of multiculture, I fancy another Sauron! Twisted Evil

10 • Sauron, Lord of the Earth Sauron
Minion • Maia
Vit: 5
Sit: 2
Enduring 1.
Sauron’s twilight cost is -2 for each Shadow culture you can spot.
Each time a minion wins a skirmish, you may exert Sauron to make a minion of a different culture strength +2 until the regroup phase.

Also, remember that ridiculous Sauron with all those keywords? Well here’s a fun card to fit that theme!

2 Black Anger Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Make a Sauron minion strength +2 for each keyword in its game text.

I said I was going to be moving onto Nazgul. Well, in that mode, let’s check out a card that effectively makes companions into servants of Sauron Evil or Very Mad

2 Terrible Servants Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 Wraith minions (or Sauron) to heal each character bearing a ring. Then make each companion bearing a ring (except the Ring-bearer) resistance -2 until the regroup phase.

I was going to call this card ’Unending Life’ which fits much better with the game text, but then I suddenly remembered the card from Black Rider with the same title. Any thoughts on a reasonable replacement?

(Also, I was going to put an exception to the Ring-bearer, but note that all the rings in the other thread forbid the wearer to hold another)

As for what came before, I suspect I will end up putting it on another card... Twisted Evil

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Maia
Enduring 1.
Each time a minion wins a skirmish, you may exert Sauron to make a minion of a different culture strength +2 until the regroup phase.
cool! cut cost by 1

1 Black Anger Sauron
Event • Skirmish
make it +1 IMSO, or toss a +6 limit on

3 Terrible Servants Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 Wraith minions (or Sauron) to heal each character bearing a ring. Then, choose a companion bearing a ring (except the Ring-bearer). Until the regroup phase, that companion loses ’companion’ and becomes a minion participating in archery, assignment and skirmish phases like other minions.

wow...this changes everything. I have no idea what to say.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:31 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Agh! No más!

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Maia
Enduring 1.

I’d actually RAISE his cost a tad, since he’s usually only going to be 8 as is, and will likely be even cheaper.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Black Anger Sauron
Event • Skirmish

Nifty. I’d use it. Too bad you can’t use it with Horror of Harad! Razz I agree with SoP, though...cap it at +6 and/or raise the cost to 2.

Thranduil wrote:
3 Terrible Servants Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 Wraith minions (or Sauron) to heal each character bearing a ring. Then, choose a companion bearing a ring (except the Ring-bearer). Until the regroup phase, that companion loses ’companion’ and becomes a minion participating in archery, assignment and skirmish phases like other minions.

Sorry, man, but no. Just...no. There are ways to turn companions into temporary minions that MIGHT work, but just arbitrarily saying "yeah, this companion is a minion now...tough luck!" isn’t the way to do it. If you weren’t able to put rings on companions yourself, then this MIGHT be okay. But since you have rings you can easily (and cost-free, if I remember correctly) slap on the companion of your choice, this is just WAY too evil. It would be X-ed before it ever saw the light of day, even by the typing monkeys Decipher had running things into the ground at the end.

Prevent the companion from skirmishing, or MAYBE allow the changeover if the companion has 0 resistance or something, but this card has to see a MAJOR change before I, for one, will ever give it a passing grade.

And it will simply KILL poor lem0n when he sees it. Juicy bits everywhere...do you really want that? Think of his wife, man! Do it for her, at least!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards