LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:40 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Sorry, man, but no. Just...no. There are ways to turn companions into temporary minions that MIGHT work, but just arbitrarily saying "yeah, this companion is a minion now...tough luck!" isn’t the way to do it. If you weren’t able to put rings on companions yourself, then this MIGHT be okay. But since you have rings you can easily (and cost-free, if I remember correctly) slap on the companion of your choice, this is just WAY too evil. It would be X-ed before it ever saw the light of day, even by the typing monkeys Decipher had running things into the ground at the end.

Prevent the companion from skirmishing, or MAYBE allow the changeover if the companion has 0 resistance or something, but this card has to see a MAJOR change before I, for one, will ever give it a passing grade.

And it will simply KILL poor lem0n when he sees it. Juicy bits everywhere...do you really want that? Think of his wife, man! Do it for her, at least!

Yeah... but it’s so much fun! Razz

Replaced it with a more reasonable (but considerably less entertaining) alternative.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:05 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

And it will simply KILL poor lem0n when he sees it. Juicy bits everywhere...do you really want that? Think of his wife, man! Do it for her, at least!

Hahaha thats so awesome, i wanna quote it but its so random! Im so glad Thran changed it before i could get chance to review it. Youve saved a fruit explosion there DI! Cheers Wink

Thranduil wrote:
Talking of multiculture, I fancy another Sauron! Twisted Evil

12 • Sauron, Lord of the Earth Sauron
Minion • Maia
Str: 12
Vit: 5
Sit: 2
Enduring 1.
Sauron’s twilight cost is -2 for each Shadow culture you can spot.
Each time a minion wins a skirmish, you may exert Sauron to make a minion of a different culture strength +2 until the regroup phase.

Hmmm to be difficult i lie somewhere between SoP and Dain, i think 10 was costed well. He is a bit dull though.

1 Black Anger Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Make a Sauron minion strength +2 for each keyword in its game text.

I think this should cost 2. Strength pumps have never been sauron orcs strength and this could easily make fierce besiegers etc... +4 as though there are any other culture. And as you say its sick with Sauron.

2 Terrible Servants Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 Wraith minions (or Sauron) to heal each character bearing a ring. Then make each companion bearing a ring resistance -2 until the regroup phase.

Im not sure i like the potential for corrupting the RB its a temporary 2 burdens for him/her and thats wrong. I like the card but it has to exclude the rb as much as you dont want to Thran. If it includes RB needs to be -1.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:20 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Im not sure i like the potential for corrupting the RB its a temporary 2 burdens for him/her and thats wrong. I like the card but it has to exclude the rb as much as you dont want to Thran. If it includes RB needs to be -1.

Though in block this card cannot include the Ring-bearer because even the One Ring forbids them to wear another ring.

Now I think it’s time for some Nazgul. I’ll begin with the Witch-King and follow it with his ring, but in general would you prefer to see Nazgul + rings or Nazgul, then rings?

8 • The Witch-King, Corrupted By Power Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 14
Vit: 4
Sit: 3
Fierce.
While bearing an artifact, the Witch-King gains bloodlust 1.
While you can spot 3 artifacts, the Witch-King gains enduring 1.
While you can spot 5 artifacts, the Witch-King gains terror 1.

0 • The Ring of Ire, Of the Nine Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Vit: +1
Legendary 3.
Bearer must be the Witch-King.
Maneuver: Exert the Witch-King to make the Free Peoples player choose a companion. That companion is strength -1 until the regroup phase.
Response: If a player reconciles, return the Ring of Ire to your hand.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:29 am
Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.

Good subtitle / text corroboration, and good link with the enduring 1 and the Ring for exertions.

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Legendary 3.
Maneuver: Exert the Witch-King to make the Free Peoples player choose a companion. That companion is strength -1 until the regroup phase.

Neato! GP
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:25 am
[quote="Thranduil"]
lem0nhead wrote:

Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.

Bit boring to give the Witch King a burrito. He’s fine but i get tired or seeing these layered guys theyre too easy to make and uninteresting.

Artifact • Ring
Legendary 3.

Nasty!

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:53 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
2 Terrible Servants Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 Wraith minions (or Sauron) to heal each character bearing a ring. Then make each companion bearing a ring resistance -2 until the regroup phase.

lem0nhead wrote:

Though in block this card cannot include the Ring-bearer because even the One Ring forbids them to wear another ring.

Ah, but see, I think that’s what causes poor lem0n and I to sometimes bash our heads against the wall when reviewing your stuff. You CAN’T think of cards only in the current block, or else you ARE creating your own game, as lem0n said a while back. You have to account for your other blocks, and at least SOME of Big D’s stuff, too. Yes, in this ONE block, RBs cannot bear a ring, but every other RB out there (including many you have made in other DC sets) CAN.

That being said, I propose a compromise: I know you hate using parenthesis, but in this case, I think the best thing to do to make you AND your loyal reviewers happy would be this:

Then make each companion bearing a ring resistance -2 (or -1 if the Ring-bearer) until the regroup phase.

Less harsh, yet still painful enough, especially if used at Site 9. Twisted Evil Normally I’d probably recommend excluding the RB entirely, but since it requires they be bearing a Ring, which takes a bit more work, it’s probably okay at -1. -2 is pushing it a bit too far, though.

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.

I, unlike the juicy fruit, don’t mind the occasional burrito. This one seems fine, especially in light of the fact that your sets seem to have more artifacts than any other type of card. Rolling Eyes

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Legendary 3.

Nugat!

What? "Neato" and "nasty" were already taken. I had to say SOMETHING! Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:02 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

I, unlike the juicy fruit, don’t mind the occasional burrito. This one seems fine, especially in light of the fact that your sets seem to have more artifacts than any other type of card. Rolling Eyes

I didnt say i didn’t mind the occasional one but im seeing a lot nowadays and on such a critical character i think its dull. Come on burritos arent exactly the hardest card type around to do. Spot 1 (or 2), spot 3 (or4) and spot 5 (or 6) to do x y and z. Any card could do that it lacks imagination. Now a good skirmish mechanism or something, THAT is an example of what would make a good Wikkie.

What? "Neato" and "nasty" were already taken. I had to say SOMETHING! Razz

Snigger. Laughing

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
coolio!

Artifact • Ring
Legendary 3.

works for me.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:28 pm
Sorry, my computer’s been acting up today so I haven’t so far had a chance to change my post, but an exception for the Ring-bearer should be on Terrible Servants. Any thoughts on a title though? Like I said, I wanted to call it Unending Life. Any good synonyms?

lem0nhead wrote:
I didnt say i didn’t mind the occasional one but im seeing a lot nowadays and on such a critical character i think its dull. Come on burritos arent exactly the hardest card type around to do. Spot 1 (or 2), spot 3 (or4) and spot 5 (or 6) to do x y and z. Any card could do that it lacks imagination. Now a good skirmish mechanism or something, THAT is an example of what would make a good Wikkie.

What can I say? I was feeling a little boring when I made that card! Wink Also, I for one always enjoy a good burrito. There’s something rather aesthetically pleasing about them.

Anyway, let’s have a simple pair of Nazgul:

4 • Ulaire Lemenya, Corrupted by Might Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 9
Vit: 2
Each companion skirmishing Ulaire Lemenya is strength -1 for each artifact they bear.

4 • Ulaire Nertea, Corrupted by Temptation Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 9
Vit: 2
Stalwart - add a burden.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:11 am
Both sound.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards