LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I would make it exert 2 other elves or something on the first line.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:48 pm
Okay, fair enough. Got to try and make a deck out of these guys at some point to see how useful they are, then I’ll report back.

In the meantime, let’s move onto some slightly more usual ring/ring-bearer pairs.

• Ring of Vengeance, Ring of the Dwarves Ring
Legendary.
Durin III may not bear a ring.
While wearing the Ring of Vengeance, each time Durin III is about to take a wound, add a burden and draw a card instead.
Skirmish: Exert Durin III to wear the Ring of Vengeance until the regroup phase.

The point being that the Dwarven rings helped their bearers to amass wealth.

0 • Durin III, Bearer of Great Wealth Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 7
Vit: 4
(Res): 6
Ring-bearer - Ring of Vengeance.
At the start of each skirmish involving Durin III, exert a Dwarf or add a burden.
Fellowship: Exert Durin III to play an Elven or Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:50 am
Thranduil wrote:

Legendary.
While wearing the Ring of Vengeance, each time Durin III is about to take a wound, add a burden and draw a card instead.
Skirmish: Exert Durin III to wear the Ring of Vengeance until the regroup phase.

Wow killer ring me thinks.

Companion • Dwarf
(Res): 8
At the start of each skirmish involving Durin III, exert a Dwarf or add a burden.
Fellowship: Exert Durin III to play an Elven or Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.

Wow he’s really good. I like him but again no idea on balance.

Thranduil
Last edited by lem0nhead on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:54 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Legendary.

I think that for a base 4 vitality, 8 resistance RB, being able to exert to wear the Ring is too easy. I’d make it a burden or a threat to put it on. OR...

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
(Res): 8

...lower his resistance. I think 7 would be better, or even a risky 6. His abilities + the Ring’s abilities make him really, REALLY sick with 8 resistance, even with the drawbacks.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:02 pm
Dain is right i didnt notice initially. 8 is probably too high.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:23 pm
I was thinking that an exertion is a pretty nasty cost to wear the ring. If he’s exhausted (not so unlikely), then he can’t put it on.

Brought his resistance down. Thanks guys! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Legendary.
works for me.

Companion • Dwarf

should be exert 2 dwarves IMSO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:32 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Dwarf

should be exert 2 dwarves IMSO

Hate to openly disagree with a reviewing legend, but...I disagree. Razz I think that with the low resistance, skirmishing with Durin is now risky enough as you’re probably going to be exerting every time. And since other text is already exerting Durin plenty as it is, that means exerting OTHER Dwarves...which means you’re going to be running around with a near-exhausted party if you try to get Durin fighting as it is.

In review: I think the one exertion is enough unless you go back to a higher resistance, which I personally would discourage.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:33 pm
I’ll probably revisit those above quite a few times, but now for a prelude to a completely new strategy: Wraith companions! Rolling Eyes

Who were the Nazgul before they were Nazgul?

Answer: No one knows. Which is why most of their companion versions are named after Decipher’s designated numbers (Attea, Toldea etc.), except obviously for this guy who makes our Wraith Ring-bearer, who is obviously the Witch-King in disguise.

Also, in order to be able to have rings for both Nazgul and Men, I’ve had to rename them, so this ring is really the Ring of Ire.

"So what’s this a prelude to?" I hear you ask. Sooner or later, Wraith companions will begin to appear on the FP thread and Wraith minions on the Shadow. That’s what I mean.

So without further ado, here’s our final ring/ring-bearer pair:

• Ring of Command, Ring of Men Ring
Legendary.
The High-King may not bear a ring.
While wearing the Ring of Command, The High-King is strength +2 and each time he is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Maneuver: Make The High-King strength -1 until the end of the game to wear the Ring of Command until the regroup phase.

0 • The High-King, Bearer of Power Wraith
Companion • Man
Str: 9
Res: 1
Ring-bearer - Ring of Command.
The High-King is resistance +1 for each Wraith Man you can spot.
Each time the fellowship moves and you can spot a minion, discard your Wraith artifact from play or add 2 burdens.
Skirmish: Exert The High-King to heal another Wraith Man.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:18 pm; edited 4 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:01 am
Thranduil wrote:

Youve really got the bit between your teeth now havent you, theres no stopping your insane antics. *sigh* Fine, review coming up as best as i can.

• Ring of Command, Ring of Men Ring
Legendary.
The High-King may not bear a ring.
While wearing the Ring of Command, each time The High-King is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Skirmish: Make The High-King strength -1 until the end of the game to wear the Ring of Command until the regroup phase.

Awww Thran come on.... How the heck do i review this?

5 • The High-King, Bearer of Power Wraith
Companion • Man
Str: 9
Res: 6
Ring-bearer - Ring of Command.
Each time the fellowship moves and you can spot a minion, discard your Wraith artifact from play or add a burden.
Skirmish: Exert The High-King to make a Wraith Man strength +2.

d'oh!

Thranduil

Dude seriously i have no ideas what to say about any of this. Im gonna bow out the reviews for this set its gotten to crazy for me to think straight.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards