LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:24 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Balanced, I suppose, but if you eveer have to wear the Ring, you’re pretty much toast. Not saying that’s a bad thing, per se. I’d actually raise his strength a little, since his first ability really shuts down double-moving much of the time, so assigning him and winning isn’t going to help you as much as it normally might.

Since his Ring is SO restrictive, perhaps have it give a strength boost while he has it on. Between that and raising his starting strength a tad, you can probably at least get CLOSE to his normal 14.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:10 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Since his Ring is SO restrictive, perhaps have it give a strength boost while he has it on. Between that and raising his starting strength a tad, you can probably at least get CLOSE to his normal 14.

I actually had that in to start with, then took it out because I thought it was too much! Well, it’s in again.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

• Ring of Command, Ring of Men Ring
Legendary.
The High-King may not bear a ring.
While wearing the Ring of Command, The High-King is strength +1 and each time he is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Skirmish: Make The High-King strength -1 until the end of the game to wear the Ring of Command until the regroup phase.
cool.

0 • The High-King, Bearer of Power Wraith
Companion • Man
Str: 9
Vit: 4
Res: 6
Ring-bearer - Ring of Command.
Each time the fellowship moves and you can spot a minion, discard your Wraith artifact from play or add a burden.
Skirmish: Exert The High-King to make a Wraith Man strength +2.

so will we have wraith freeps" awesome!its good. I would make it or add 2 burdens. and drop strength 1 IMSO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:54 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
so will we have wraith freeps" awesome!its good. I would make it or add 2 burdens. and drop strength 1 IMSO

I’ve been having problems with this guy, actually. When you see the other Wraith Men, you’ll understand why, but I kind of need to raise his resistance to 8 at least. I’ve also made the ring go from the maneuver phase because otherwise I wasn’t sure there was enough incentive to actually put on the ring. I’ve also changed his ability to something less useful and increased his drawback.

So basically, I have 2 new cards in that last post! Mr. Green Good?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:53 am
Thranduil wrote:
• Ring of Command, Ring of Men Ring
Legendary.
The High-King may not bear a ring.
While wearing the Ring of Command, The High-King is strength +1 and each time he is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Maneuver: Make The High-King strength -1 until the end of the game to wear the Ring of Command until the regroup phase.

I think it would be perfectly fine for the Ring to make him strength +2 while bearing it, especially since he has to be -1 for the rest of the game to wear it in the first place. If you’re just breaking even, where’s the incentive?

Thranduil wrote:
0 • The High-King, Bearer of Power Wraith
Companion • Man
Str: 9
Vit: 4
Res: 8
Each time the fellowship moves and you can spot a minion, discard your Wraith artifact from play or add 2 burdens.
Skirmish: Exert The High-King to heal a Wraith Man.

I think I might have a solution to your resistance problem that will make everyone happy...though it involves a limitation and parenthesis, so perhaps YOU won’t be happy after all. Razz

I’d make him resistance 4. Now hear me out, here! Resistance 4, then add a line making him resistance +1 for each Wraith companion you can spot. Therefore he’s 5 automatically just for spotting himself, and gets better as he’s surrounded by other Wraith Men (which is probably exactly what you’d do with him anyway). I’d cap it at +4 or +5, though, to avoid him getting out of control (TOLD you there’d be a limitation Razz). Now he’s still as weak as we’d all like him to be without other Wraith Men, but as powerful as you’d like him to be WITH them.

Oh, and his skirmish ability should probably be "...to heal another Wraith Man", just to avoid potential "free exertion" loops.

So, the rewrite I’d suggest would be:

0The High-King, Bearer of Power Wraith
Companion • Man
Strength: 9
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 4
The High-King is resistance +1 for each Wraith companion you can spot (limit +5).
Each time the fellowship moves and you can spot a minion, discard your Wraith artifact from play or add 2 burdens.
Skirmish: Exert The High-King to heal another Wraith Man.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
listen to the dwarf Cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:46 pm
I’ll take that. GP How about I lower his resistance to 1 or 2 and simply remove the parentheses altogether?

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:55 pm
Thranduil wrote:
I’ll take that. GP How about I lower his resistance to 1 or 2 and simply remove the parentheses altogether?

I’d thought about that, but then you HAVE to start him with a Wraith Man or two or else he’ll be corrupted as soon as you move, and CERTAINLY if you double. I think it’s better to have SOME cushion at the beginning...and in case you get terrible card draws and simply can’t pull any more Wraith Men fast enough. And that would also limit you to really ONLY using him with Wraith Men, which I think would be a shame because I, for one, would want to at least TRY to get such a powerful RB working with other cultures. Very Happy

You COULD get away with 1 or 2 resistance if the burdening only takes effect starting in Region 2, but I think it’s better if it just start at a moderate level (like 4, which is probably about perfect) and go from there.

Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:20 pm
We’ll come back to this ring-bearer after finishing the Wraith companions, but for now I’ve left his resistance at 1 because, as you’ll hopefully see, Wraith Men have excellent filtering.

But, like I said, we’ll come back to it when we can make a more informed decision on it.

Also, my hard drive died the other day and I lost all my settings. Can anyone remind me how to switch in the spellchecker in firefox?

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:26 pm
Fair enough, but I’d still make it 2 at least. Otherwise, without another Wraith Man, you corrupt yourself as soon as you move!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards