LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:53 am
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Ok, say Elrond is wearing Vilya (grants a +1 to vitality) and is exhausted. I then use the skirmish ability which causes the ring to be discarded. So, is Elrond killed because he now has 4 wound tokens, or is a wound token removed with the ring?
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
NappyKorn
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:00 am
That would kill him. You would have to have a way of healing him before you discarded the ring. That is what makes Gondor Knights with their fortification that reduce vitality so good. The same would be sayed if for instance Frodo is bearing Sting, Elven Long Knife with it’s vitality boost and he becomes exhausted and the opponent plays Mumak Rider and discards the sting Shocked .

Infact I have played against a Gandyalf Ring-bearer before and was ablr to discard shadowfax and Herb Bag to corrupt him Twisted Evil

I’m pretty sure my answer is correct, but Bib will sooner or later come around to verify or denounce my statement Thumbs Up.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:03 am
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Thanks, youngling!
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:35 am
NappyKorn wrote:

I’m pretty sure my answer is correct, but Bib will sooner or later come around to verify or denounce my statement Thumbs Up.

Hey lem0n can do it too!

Yes ML, NK is 100% correct.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:21 am
M_H can even provide the section in the rules that covers this:

From the Lord of the Rings Comprehensive Rules 4.0: Killed
"When a card that provides a vitality bonus for its bearer is discarded, that bearer is immediately killed if his vitality is then reduced to zero."

In this case, Elrond has 4 wounds with the +1 vitality provided by the ring. Once the ring is discarded, his wounds = his vitality (vitality remaining = 0) and he is killed.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:30 am
Smarty pants. Rolling Eyes
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions