LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
Shizknight
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:41 am
I love this deck! It is a very easy concept. Burn anything and counter the rest. Use your Prodigal wizards and Mawcor and/or Mogg Fanatic to "ping" creatures and/or the opponent and if they dont "ping" hard enough add Dead//Gone, Incinerate, and Needle Drop to do the needed damage to kill a certain creature. and as for anything else just counter it. The cool thing about this deck is that you can do the tap abilities of the prodigal wizards and mawcor without mana leaving your mana open for counters. Another neat thing to remember is the cards’ effects make them able to deal damage without attacking making them immune to tons of anti-attack card such as harpoon sniper, coorinated barrage, or that land that deals damage to attacking creatures (you probably know it)

here it is...

4- Prodigal Sorcerer
4- Prodigal Pyromancer
4- Spellburst
4- Incinerate
2- Thousand-Year Elixir
4- Cancel
4- Mogg Fanatic
1- Logic Knot
1- Ponder
1- Disintegrate/ Blaze
1- Beacon of Fire
2- Fledgling Mawcor
2- Mulldrifter
2- Needle Drop
2- Dead//Gone
2- Terramorphic Expanse
10- Mountain
10- Island
Shizknight
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:18 pm
any comments????
NBarden
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:42 pm
Yeah, run some card drawing like mega on the Blue and then run some Grapeshot. The deck really lacks a finisher, perhaps add a set of Rift Bolts and some Empty the Warrens? If you do that you could also run Siege-Gang Commander and make it a Goblin ping-burn deck.

Or keep with the burn, pack a set of Rift Bolts and run 4x Grapeshot. More pinging fun. Pyromancer’s Swath is a fun card, except for the discard your hand part.

I play a deck similar to this, and its so far pwned. Pretty much, its Jaya Ballard with that Madness for 1 to swing for 3 burn, Grapeshot and a bunch of 1 drop burns, like Shock, Tarfire, Rift Bolt, Dead//Gone, etc.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:11 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Still like good ol’ D-Storm better. Wink
I don't like YOU.
Shizknight
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:15 am
im not a big fan of jaya, she cost mana to do her abilities and makes me discard. She’s also a legend so only one at a time, unlike my prodigal boyz. whip out about 3 or 4 of them out to watch ur opponent duke himself Smile
and if he or she tries to kill them thats why there are counters.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)