LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Pipsqueak
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:29 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Everyone is either exuberant, or crying, now that Demoralized has been x-listed. But some people think that this has opened the flood gates for other cards to be x’d.
The debate: Who do you think goes next?
Long live the southern bros. Homage
Hazael
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:13 pm
Pipsqueak wrote:
Everyone is either exuberant, or crying, now that Demoralized has been x-listed.

I really didn’t care. At all. lol

but I wonder if any of these new Ithilien Blade cards are going to be x’d or r’d. Confused LOTR TCG would lose alot of interest the day that happens.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Pipsqueak
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:01 pm
To be honest, i despise the new Men and [orc] cultures. They are really stupid. Who thought of the idea to combine some of the previously great cultures into one big mix. Stupid.
Hazael
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:21 am
exactly
It looks REALLY STUPID playing with Men Dunland, Men Southrons, and other Men minion cultures together in one strategy.
and its not like they made the new [orc] culture even close to the good old moria culture, which is now deleted from the scene.
I do, however, think that the three shadow cultures that were lost were the ones that may have been too good. Raider, Moria, and Dunland were (in my opinion) a little too powerful if you had the right cards. Taking them out might bring out alot more Isengard and Sauron strategies.

are they going to continue making blocks to update old cultures in the future?
Up All Night Productions
syndrome
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:42 am
I also hate the new merged cultures... though, I never liked Sauron

Isengard + Sauron are under [orc]+Uruk-hai now hazael... and no, I doubt they’ll ever make more cards of them... Sad (cept for balrog, sauron and those guys)
Last edited by syndrome on Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:44 am; edited 2 times in totalhttp://myspace/delicatesituation
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:43 am
1st of all, I’d like to point out that both of you absolutely have no idea what you are talking about.

1. Dunland is not overpowered. A good elf or good dwarf deck can practically waste it. All you need is to splash any random Gandalf and a Deep in Thought. Also, Dunland only had one block to release cards for, thats why it’s strong.

2. I dont see why having Men Dunland and Men Sonthrons is any differant than having Isengard Men, Isengard Orcs, Isengard Uruks and Isengard Wizard. You catch my driff? The idea is that they are split up into races, so all Orcs work well together, all Uruks work well together, and all Men work together.

3. Orc Turbo Corruption decks are among the MOST POWERFUL shadow decks ever concieved. Orc culture has a lot of strategies that are quite frankly, very powerful. Ever heard of a Mr. Smith deck? (see Orkish Smith)

4. Isengard and Sauron cultures are only there to house the greats like Saruman and Sauron. They wont get anymore good strategies. Just good splash cards. (see Sauron, Lord of the Rings)

5. Ithilien Blade has one of the most powerful abilities any card has ever had. Literally. I dont think Ithilien Blade should be x-listed, and it probably wont. Because all this does is make people change the META to condition/possession removal decks, which will kill the IB, and people wont like to use those decks anymore.

6. The Demoralized/Rapid Reload combo is just sickening to look at. Of course it was destiny to have either one x-listed, but I personally thought it should have been Rapid Reload or just a Demoralized R-list.

7. The Raider culture had only 1 good sub-group. And Hazael, I know this will break your heart, but this is a rather unbiased claim, and the group is Corsair. You read any good Corsair deck and tell me with a strait face that you honestly believe that they are not broken in anyway, and I will give you a dollar. Because Corsairs are IMMENSLY POWERFUL! They make IB decks cry.

aaahh you guys annoy me!
Cobra
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:05 am
theOmnipotentOne wrote:

7. The Raider culture had only 1 good sub-group. And Hazael, I know this will break your heart, but this is a rather unbiased claim, and the group is Corsair.

I agree with most of tOO’s points, but definitely take issue with this one. Rolling Eyes All three Raider sub-cultures eventually became good -- in addition to the powerful Corsair deck, the Southrons had a solid targeted wounding deck, and "Beasterlings" (a few burdens plus Easterling Captain) was the best tournament deck around for a short while!
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Hazael
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:01 am
lol tOO

I’d have to disagree with the elves...
Elves don’t seem to stand a chance against some Dunland decks. Last two games I played against elves... I discarded every bow and most hand weapons, I skipped almost every archery phase, and I swarmed them before site 7. Some elven cards thrive on spotting wounds on minons... Dunland can’t have wounds... they get canceled or he dies.
I would say Dunland > Ranger, Rohan, and usually Elven.
When I am playing a strategic wounding strategy, the last culture I want to see is Dunland. They essentially have control over which minons have the vitality and which don’t.

Dwarven do seem to do well against Dunland.

#7 breaks my heart. Crying or Very sad
Do you ever consider making a corsair deck tOO?
Make me see it to believe it. Smile

...and yes, it looks retarded haveing southrons, corsairs and dunland fighting together, sharing hand weapons and mounts or whatever.
I guess I wouldnt be complaining if they made sub divisions like with the old cultures.
Up All Night Productions
Pipsqueak
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:15 pm
What do you guys think will happen to Unseen Foe? r-list maybe?
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:22 pm
Hazael wrote:
lol tOO

I’d have to disagree with the elves...
Elves don’t seem to stand a chance against some Dunland decks.

Didn’t I say good elven deck? Where have you ever played against a good elven deck?

Hazael wrote:

#7 breaks my heart. Crying or Very sad
Do you ever consider making a corsair deck tOO?
Make me see it to believe it. Smile

Yes, but I have never had the resources to buy one. They cost a helluva lot of money. And many of the needed cards are in Siege of Gondor, which means they are rarely in stock.

Hazael wrote:

...and yes, it looks retarded haveing southrons, corsairs and dunland fighting together, sharing hand weapons and mounts or whatever.
I guess I wouldnt be complaining if they made sub divisions like with the old cultures.

The cultures are divied up by strategy. You wont see a Ferocious Hillman Men card have targeted archery. But you will see a /random Southron Warrrior/ Men card have targeted archery.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions