LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Hazael
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:13 pm
I’ll tell you a card that NEEDS to be x-listed or I will cry. Crying or Very sad
The Balrog, The Terror of Khazad-dum

There’s alot of decks that depend on strategic wounding. For example, my rangers have only wounding abilities, no strength abilities whatsoever. My strongest companion is 8 and I have zero cards to make him any stronger. The Balrog, The Terror of Khazad-dum comes in and overwhelms two of my companions when I am perfectly capable of killing him with wounds. The problem is the new underground shadow sites and site 5 on Fellowship site paths.

Funny, the person using this card in his shadow deck, uses a strategic wounding elven free side. Sure I could use it against him, but where’s the fun in this? This card is just too good for the purposes it was made for.... canceling shadow, manuever, archery, assignment, skirmish, and regroup actions of special freepeople’s strategies.

What do you guys think?
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
SnowBalrog
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:50 pm
Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 63 Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Honestly, I don’t think he sees enough play to really be on the radar. I only know one person who has it in his deck, and it’s just a bunch of high-strength minions with no strategy except to play minions. In my opinion, things are pretty well balanced at the moment.
Marcus: Our Snow Balrog would be a lot more impressive if it didn't keep melting.
Jason: Maybe if we used a little less lighter fluid...?
syndrome
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:18 pm
Hazael: Lilboy also uses pumps, you wouldn’t be able to stop him with the balrog.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Hazael
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 am
The amount of pumps he uses would be enough to keep from being overwhelmed. Alot of his strength boosters come from spotting wounds.
He would get slaughtered by the damage +1 and fierce abilities, and his companions are almost always low on vitality in the skirmish phase.

I do not remember ever seeing his any of his companions getting over 12 strength... even when they CAN spot wounds.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:48 am
The Balrog is not used often enough to warrant being on the X-list. He is not anywhere close to being broken.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:49 am
Hazael, there are lots and lots of Shadow cards that prevent wounds. If your wounding deck gets beaten by cards like the Balrog, then you should include some fighting cards in case someone uses something like Easterling Polearm, His Terrible Servants, Mordor Brute, Hides, Goblin Armory, Southron Traveller, or other such cards.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:47 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I have seen those cards used a lot and would never make a deck that depends on direct wounding. Also a card that helps uruk-hai is Broad-Bladed Sword.

Also The Balrog, The Terror of Khazad-dum is hardly ever used and IMHO the other 2 rare Balrogs are better.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:00 pm
bobtheorc wrote:
Also The Balrog, The Terror of Khazad-dum is hardly ever used and IMHO the other 2 rare Balrogs are better.
QFT
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:13 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
theOmnipotentOne wrote:
bobtheorc wrote:
QFT

What does QFT mean?
Also Castamir of Umbar should be outlawed Wink
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:45 pm
bobtheorc wrote:
What does QFT mean?

Quoted For Truth