LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Kralik
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:39 pm
After I noticed that Tharanduil was doing it by hand, I went ahead and wrote a program to AutoLink card images for you. I never did get a response back from Cobra as to whether he could fix it on the forums, so I went ahead and did it myself. Here’s an example of the output it generates, taken from a expanded deck by Celebrimbor:

Pretty cool, eh? Mr. Green

The two cards with apostrophes weren’t converted since after being posted the normal apostrophes were changed to fancy onces. It should work correctly otherwise. Also, Otsea is missing "riders"; Travellers is misspelled.

It took a lot of work to handle nested card titles correctly (for example, the Frodo above has WEARY in its title). Also, it will always use the newest version of a card. If you type in "the prancing pony," you’ll get the one from Shadows not Fellowship. If you want to list Promo or Tengwar cards, you can do so by using (P) and (T), if they exist in the Database. Let me know what you think!

The download page along with instructions are on the front page of the LotR TCG Database. Refresh if you don’t see the links at the bottom of the page. Smile
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:32 am
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Finally! Great job man! Applause

BTW, what’s the deal with some cards not being linked?
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:03 am
Wow you really are quite impressive with this effort Kralik. Thumbs Up GP
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
wraithful
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:02 am
AWESOME! But you’re missing one card.
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:13 am
wraithful wrote:
AWESOME! But you’re missing one card.

Which one? Think
Go ahead and try it yourself and then let me know what doesn’t work.
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:18 am
MR. Lurtzy wrote:
BTW, what’s the deal with some cards not being linked?

Kralik wrote:
The two cards with apostrophes weren’t converted since after being posted the normal apostrophes were changed to fancy onces. It should work correctly otherwise. Also, Otsea is missing "riders"; Travellers is misspelled.

Not an issue as long as your spell out the full card titles correctly. The apostrophe thing only happened since I cut and pasted from a completed post. Otherwise it’s moot as well.

If you notice any specific cards not linking, let me know as well. I went to a lot of work to ensure that cards like Sting of Shelob, for example, link to the full card and not to just Sting. Also notice that it will link to special cards such as Gandalf, Stormcrow (D) or Aragorn, Thorongil (O), for example.
Last edited by Kralik on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:21 am
Kudos to you, Kralik, and many GP coming your way! Applause
I had to put something here.
wraithful
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:31 am
I didn’t see an image for the origional two-sided promo card that features gandalf on one side and an orc on the other.
NappyKorn
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:34 am
just testing it out for myself lol. Aragorn, Strider.

Apparently I did something wrong Laughing
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:40 am
Aragorn, Strider

What was I thinking? d'oh! I just had a great idea. Give me five minutes and I’ll have a fix for you. I’m making it much simpler to use.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion