LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:54 am
All right, wrote it! It extracts the titles from a copy/pasted Decipher list and removes the diacritics, then I run auto-link on the titles, and finally it returns the results that don’t begin/end with "[" and "]" respectively. Hopefully that catches most of the issues. Here are the additional finds:

Can You Protect Me From Yourself?? (duplicates the ?)
Faramir’s Bow, Ithilien Longbow
Gandalf’s Staff, Focus of Power
Hobbit Sword-play
Leod, Westfold Herdsman
Mumak Chieftain
Mumakil of the Harad
Nasty, Foul Hobbitses
No Refuge
Treachery Deeper Than You Know
Ulaire Attea, Keeper of Dol Guldur
Ulaire Cantea, Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith In Twilight
Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith In Twilight
Ulaire Nertea, Messenger of Dol Guldur
Ulaire Otsea, Ringwraith In Twilight
What Are They??
What Did You Discover??
Where Has Grima Stowed It??
Why Shouldn’t I Keep It??

Armored Easterlings
Smeagol, Pitiable Guide
Weapons of Lothlorien

Well, I’ve had my bit o’ fun. Another GP to Kralik since he’s the one who has the hard work of correcting them. Shocked
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:59 am
Elessar’s Socks wrote:
Really embarrassed. Embarassed

Why embarrassed? I really appreciate the work! I’m redesigning part of the program that should take care of all of the partial links in one fell swoop, and I already fixed the ?/! issue. Fix a few spelling mistakes, and it should be good to go.

Not sure about the accents, since I’d have to put each one individually. What accents are the most common? I know at least the Nazgul have them... Think
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:11 am
Théoden, Sméagol, Glóin, Éomer, Éowyn, Théodred, Uglúk, and Grishnákh, off the top of my head.
I had to put something here.
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:11 pm
Here’s a new version ("Sei")! I highly recommend upgrading due to bug fixes on dozens of cards. Everything posted by ES above was fixed. Changes:

• Changed the program so that it does its editing in an internal variable, rather than thrashing the Windows clipboard. This should speed things up a bit.
  • Developed a method to reverse sort card titles by the number of characters in each title. This fixes any problems with card titles having a partial link to another card.
  • Fixed many, many spelling mistakes. Note that these are not actually fixed in the database (YET!), but LotRDBAL will link appropriately. Note: Armored Easterlings is incorrect. The actual card title is Armored Easterling.
  • Added autocorrection for ?/! characters: cards will link whether they have the characters or not. If they don’t, they will be added automatically.
  • Added support for stripping accents from characters so that they will link properly.
  • Added pre-errata card titles for Bilbo (Baggins), and Ulaire Ostea.

Upcoming:

• Develop a method to be able to link to Movie Block sites with the same names as Shadows+ sites.
  • Add common abbreviations.
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:49 pm
Kralik wrote:
Elessar’s Socks wrote:
Really embarrassed. Embarassed

Why embarrassed?

*LOL!* Because I originally did it the even more brute force way (and still ended up missing a bunch). Laughing My mistake on Armored Easterling; just checked the physical card and that’s singular as well. Thumbs Up

Awesome stuff, Kralik!
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:33 pm
Well, if you still have your program, maybe you could check for me again to see if it’s missing any? I checked all of the ones in your posts and they work. Cheers. Cool
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:12 pm
Just Speak "Friend" and Enter, with the quotation marks. People might be using different types, though... " and “ and whatever the heck LOTRO is using.

The rest I see are misspellings on the card lists. And good ol’ Desert Vigilante. Wink
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:33 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Oh, here’s something I thought of:

Orc Pursuer (Autolink version)

There’s another card with the same name, but different:

Orc Pursuer (Other, earlier version. Linked manually.)

I don’t know how you would deal with this one, but....
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:13 pm
Elessar’s Socks wrote:
Just Speak "Friend" and Enter, with the quotation marks. People might be using different types, though... " and “ and whatever the heck LOTRO is using.

Speak Friend and Enter is a problem for me because the quotation marks interfere with the regular expression code, even if I manually Escape them. I’ll see if I can figure out a workaround...

What is it about LOTRO that you keep mentioning?

AgentDrake wrote:
Oh, here’s something I thought of:

Orc Pursuer (Autolink version)

There’s another card with the same name, but different:

Orc Pursuer (Other, earlier version. Linked manually.)

I don’t know how you would deal with this one, but....

Not much of a way, really. If there are two cards with the exact same title, it has to choose one of them, and I have it defaulting to the newest. I have an idea that I’m working on to mark older cards with an asterisks... that way you could add a * if you desire the older version. It seems most important for designing decks prior to Shadows, since they share many site names. I had to do something like that for the Lackey plugin, which is why there are sites with stars in the LotR TCG DB (example).
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:44 pm
Kralik wrote:
What is it about LOTRO that you keep mentioning?

The LOTRO program has a deck builder section with a comprehensive search feature (if that’s what you’re asking). Although that requires installation and has a relatively slow startup time, and it’s missing some erratum. Wink I’m starting to split my searches between LOTRO and your site now, because yours is that convenient!

Regarding duplicate titles, maybe set abbreviations could work? For example:

Orc Pursuer (BoHD)
Orc Pursuer (RotK)

Is that how people would type it in their deck lists?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion