LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:59 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Elessar’s Socks wrote:

Regarding duplicate titles, maybe set abbreviations could work? For example:

Orc Pursuer (BoHD)
Orc Pursuer (RotK)

Is that how people would type it in their deck lists?

Not sure. I expect that either block name (Towers/King) or collector info would be more commonly used than set, but I don’t really know. I like Kralik’s approach with asterisks.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Kralik
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:55 am
Elessar’s Socks wrote:

Regarding duplicate titles, maybe set abbreviations could work? For example:

Orc Pursuer (BoHD)
Orc Pursuer (RotK)

Is that how people would type it in their deck lists?

Sounds like a possibility... but then again, you wouldn’t want to have to type Orc Pursuer (BoHD) every time you reference the card in an article. Hmm... Think
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
Kralik
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:11 pm
Speak "Friend" and Enter now works with or without quotation marks. Thumbs Up

Any chance you could do me a favor, ES, and run your program without having it remove any accents to see if the code I have in to handle them works correctly? It’d be awesome to know that I finally have all of the card titles correct. Thanks!
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
Kralik
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:08 pm
What happened to the more recent posts ES and I made on this topic? They seem to have simply disappeared... Shocked

Anyway, ES I got your list of D’s misspellings. Thumbs Up
Kralik
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:24 pm
Here comes a new version! ("Prime")

--Every single title from the LotR TCG DB links correctly.
--I removed the right-click menu "Link" option, as it was not working properly.
--I added a Recover option (CTRL-ALT-R) to restore a post if you change your mind after using LotRDBAL (although CTRL-Z would probably work)
--I added an system to allow for linking to multiple versions of the same card. It uses asterisks (*’s). Here’s how it works:
  • The newest version of a card has no astericks.
  • The next oldest version has one (*).
  • The next oldest has two (**).
  • And so on.

The main purpose of this is to allow you to link to old sites (just add a * for any Movie Block site) and cards that have been repeated (such as Orc Pursuer vs. Orc Pursuer*). Here’s a list of all the cards that use this system:

A Promise
A Promise*
Anduin Banks
Anduin Banks*
Anduin Banks**
Anduin Confluence
Anduin Confluence*
Betrayal of Isengard
Betrayal of Isengard*
Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith
Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith*
Caras Galadhon
Caras Galadhon*
Cavern Entrance
Cavern Entrance*
Caves of Aglarond
Caves of Aglarond*
City Gates
City Gates*
Dagger Strike
Dagger Strike*
Defiance
Defiance*
Desert Soldier
Desert Soldier*
Desert Spearman
Desert Spearman*
Drawn to its Power
Drawn to Its Power*
Dwarven Bracers
Dwarven Bracers*
East Road
East Road*
East Wall of Rohan
East Wall of Rohan*
Elendil’s Valor
Elendil’s Valor*
Elite Rider
Elite Rider*
Elven Bow
Elven Bow*
Elven Bow**
Emyn Muil
Emyn Muil*
Ent Avenger
Ent Avenger*
Ettenmoors
Ettenmoors*
Forth the Three Hunters!
Forth the Three Hunters!*
Forth the Three Hunters!**
Fortress of Orthanc
Fortress of Orthanc*
Green Dragon Inn
Green Dragon Inn*
Have Patience
Have Patience*
Helm’s Gate
Helm’s Gate*
Hobbit Sword
Hobbit Sword*
Hobbit Sword**
Hobbit Sword***
Hobbit Sword****
In the Ringwraith’s Wake
In the Ringwraith’s Wake*
Intimidate
Intimidate*
Isengard Ruined
Isengard Ruined*
Long-knives of Legolas
Long-knives of Legolas*
Moria Stairway
Moria Stairway*
Mysterious Wizard
Mysterious Wizard*
Noble Intentions
Noble Intentions*
Nobody Tosses a Dwarf
Nobody Tosses a Dwarf*
Orc Butcher
Orc Butcher*
Orc Pursuer
Orc Pursuer*
Pathfinder
Pathfinder*
Pelennor Flat
Pelennor Flat*
Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence
Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence*
Rider’s Mount
Rider’s Mount*
Rider’s Spear
Rider’s Spear*
Shores of Nen Hithoel
Shores of Nen Hithoel*
Slag Mounds
Slag Mounds*
Soldier’s Cache
Soldier’s Cache*
Stables
Stables*
Steward’s Tomb
Steward’s Tomb*
The Bridge of Khazad-dum
The Bridge of Khazad-dum*
The One Ring, The Ruling Ring
The One Ring, The Ruling Ring*
The One Ring, The Ruling Ring**
The One Ring, The Ruling Ring***
The One Ring, The Ruling Ring****
The Prancing Pony
The Prancing Pony*
Their Power Is in Terror
Their Power Is in Terror*
Trollshaw Forest
Trollshaw Forest*
Ulaire Attea, Second of the Nine Riders (P)
Ulaire Attea, Second of the Nine Riders (P)*
Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders (P)
Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders (P)*
Ulaire Otsea, Seventh of the Nine Riders (P)
Ulaire Otsea, Seventh of the Nine Riders (P)*
Uruk-hai Raiding Party
Uruk-hai Raiding Party*
Valley of the Silverlode
Valley of the Silverlode*
White Hand Attacker
White Hand Attacker*
Wizard Staff
Wizard Staff*

Note that for some, such as Hobbit Sword and The One Ring, The Ruling Ring, there is little need to link to an old version since they are only reprints. Also, Anduin Banks** is the only site which uses two stars.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:07 am
Yeah, that was strange. Laughing I saw your post before it was deleted so thanks, too.

*updates to the newest version*
Kralik
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:06 am
From the deepest darkest dungeons....
LotRDBAL Version "Cubic!"

Lots of new features coming right at ya. Let’s take a look, shall we?

==> Linking of partial card titles and subtitles. Don’t feel like typing out all of Aragorn, Strider? Why not just type Strider instead? And Celebring... what was his full name again?

If a card has a unique title or subtitle, you can now link to it by typing just that title. Here are all of the unique titles:

Aegnor, Alatar, Albert Dreary, Alcarin, Aldor, Aldred, Anarion, Anborn, Arod, Balglin, Birchseed, Brand, Calaglin, Celebring, Ceorl, Cirdan, Daddy Twofoot, Dain Ironfoot, Dasron, Deagol, Duilin, Duinhir, Durin III, Ecglaf, Elfhelm, Elladan, Elrohir, Eothain, Erestor, Erethon, Erkenbrand, Fereveldir, Ferevellon, Filibert Bolger, Freca, Fredegar Bolger, Frodo Gamgee, Fror, Galdor, Ghan-Buri-Ghan, Gildor Inglorion, Goldberry, Golradir, Gondorian Servant, Grimbeorn, Grimbold, Guma, Guthlaf, Gwaihir, Haethen, Halbarad, Haleth, Hlafwine, Hobbiton Brewer, Hobbiton Farmer, Host of Moria, Hrethel, Hrothlac, Hugin, Imrahil, King of the Dead, Leaflock, Leod, Leofric, Librarian, Lindenroot, Linnar, Lurtz’s Bow, Master Proudfoot, Melilot Brandybuck, Meneldor, Mumakil Commander, Old Noakes, Ordulus, Ottar, Pallando, Pengedhel, Robin Smallburrow, Saelbeth, Saruman’s Staff, Sigewulf, Silinde, Sindri, Staff of Saruman, Taurnil, Ted Sandyman, Thandronen, The Witch-king’s Beast, Thonnas, Thorin III, Tolman Cotton, Tom Bombadil, Troll of Gorgoroth, Troll of the Deep, Turgon, Unferth, Uri, Voice of the Desert, Watcher at Sarn Ford, Weland, Woodhall Elf, Wulf

...and just a flavor for some of the subtitles:
Strider, Greenleaf, Dark as Darkness, Lady Redeemed, Proper Poet, Frenzied Fighter, She-Elf, The Ring of Doom, Fatty

==> Linking of collector’s info. Note that you have to type it in correctly. Some examples: 0P17, 0D20, 1R1T, 9R+48, 10U108, 12C20, 15O4, 18C39.

==> Code to tidy up SdA and Lackey decklists for display in the forums. Instructions...

SdA: While editing a deck, go to Deck-->View in Browser. Copy all the text to a forum post and run AutoLinker.
Lackey: Open a deck’s text file from your LackeyCCG\decks folder. Copy all the text to a forum post and run AutoLinker.

Coming soon:

-Autolinking for set indexes
-Common abbreviations. I now have it to a point where doing these will be easy. Mr. Green

Enjoy! Dancing
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:28 pm
I just downloaded your program. Really cool! What did you use, c++? java?
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:48 pm
AutoHotKey Cool
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:58 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Do I have to download anything new to get the partial titles thingy?
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion