LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:05 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Wow...from no reviews to about 50 in no time. Smile Thanks, guys. Thumbs Up

I raised Gríma’s second ability to 2 each time and, after two votes for it, changed Théoden King’s stats from 5/2 to 4/3.

If anyone else wants to review them (like my normal afternoon reviewers Smile), I certainly wouldn’t mind. But here are a couple more in the interim. Enjoy! Smile

2Unferth, Watchful Guardian Isengard
Minion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Site: 3
Each time the Free Peoples player assigns a companion to an Isengard Man, that companion is strength -1 (or -2 if that Man is Gríma) until the end of that skirmish.
As Gríma’s bodyguard, Unferth was ever mindful of unwanted visitors to Meduseld.

3 Treacherous Brute Isengard
Minion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
The minion is strength +1 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
While skirmishing a Rohan character, this minion is damage +1.
The Rohirrim lost several of their more seasoned warriors to Gríma’s persuasive lies.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:11 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man
Each time the Free Peoples player assigns a companion to an Isengard Man, that companion is strength -1 (or -2 if that Man is Gríma) until the end of that skirmish.
As Gríma’s bodyguard, Unferth was ever mindful of unwanted visitors to Meduseld.

Good. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man
The Rohirrim lost several of their more seasoned warriors to Gríma’s persuasive lies.

I’d drop his vitality to 2. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:13 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Man

Nice.

Minion • Man

Ahhh bit of an old school flavour there? Razz Drop cost to 2 and vitality to 2 unless you need the health cos otherwise its a waste of pool.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Gate Troll
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:28 am
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Man

Nice.

DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Man

I like him, but against a rainbow deck he could easily become 10/3.
I’d up his twilight to 4 and his strength to 8.
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:31 am
Yeah but thats the point, hardly any1 plays rainbow and they get punished if so but if you use this card you deserve to get its best use.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:13 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
)

Minion • Man
cool!

Minion • Man

works for me
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:43 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Gríma, Traitorous Servant Isengard
Minion • Man
Strength: 4
Maneuver or Skirmish: Spot an unbound companion that bears no cards and remove 2 to play an eligible Isengard condition on that companion from your draw deck.
Skirmish: Exert Gríma and remove 2 to discard a card borne by an unbound companion skirmishing an Isengard Man.
“‘Why do you lay these troubles on an already troubled mind? Can you not see, your uncle is wearied by your malcontent...your war mongering?’”

Seems good. Could do with some twilight adding in the skirmish phase, though.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Théoden King, Bound by Dark Crafts Isengard
Minion • Man
Lurker.
If you can spot Théoden, discard Théoden King.
While you can spot Saruman or Gríma, the Free Peoples player may not assign Théoden King to a skirmish.
Each other Isengard Man and Wizard is strength +1. Each Rohan Man is strength -1.
“‘Why should I welcome you, Gandalf Stormcrow?’”

I’m actually dead against the first line of this card. Firstly, let’s deal with gameplay: one of this guy’s main uses is against Rohan decks, but what kind of sizeable Rohan fellowship doesn’t use Theoden? From a flavour point of view, Theoden was always there, his actions were just being controlled by exterior powers. I actually think that this card should have an additional text preventing Theoden from being assigned to skirmishes to parallel the Throne of the Golden Hall.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man

Would it not be simpler to state: ’Each companion assigned to an Isengard Man is strength -1 (or -2...’? Seems fine otherwise.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man

I don’t think you should focus too much on Rohan, then these guys are little different than their TT counterparts.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:50 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Gríma, Traitorous Servant Isengard
Minion • Man
Maneuver or Skirmish: Spot an unbound companion that bears no cards and remove 2 to play an eligible Isengard condition on that companion from your draw deck.
Skirmish: Exert Gríma and remove 2 to discard a card borne by an unbound companion skirmishing an Isengard Man.
“‘Why do you lay these troubles on an already troubled mind? Can you not see, your uncle is wearied by your malcontent...your war mongering?’”

Seems good. Could do with some twilight adding in the skirmish phase, though.

Oh, there will be. Don’t worry. Twisted Evil

Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Théoden King, Bound by Dark Crafts Isengard
Minion • Man
Lurker.
If you can spot Théoden, discard Théoden King.
While you can spot Saruman or Gríma, the Free Peoples player may not assign Théoden King to a skirmish.
Each other Isengard Man and Wizard is strength +1. Each Rohan Man is strength -1.
“‘Why should I welcome you, Gandalf Stormcrow?’”

I’m actually dead against the first line of this card. Firstly, let’s deal with gameplay: one of this guy’s main uses is against Rohan decks, but what kind of sizeable Rohan fellowship doesn’t use Theoden? From a flavour point of view, Theoden was always there, his actions were just being controlled by exterior powers. I actually think that this card should have an additional text preventing Theoden from being assigned to skirmishes to parallel the Throne of Isengard.

Hmmmm. Think What if I make it so that, if Theoden is in play, he HAS to be assigned to this guy?

Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man

Would it not be simpler to state: ’Each companion assigned to an Isengard Man is strength -1 (or -2...’? Seems fine otherwise.

Uh...yeah, I guess that would work. Embarassed I think it might have said "until the regroup phase" at one point and when I changed it to just the skirmish, I neglected to change the wording.

Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man

I don’t think you should focus too much on Rohan, then these guys are little different than their TT counterparts.

I won’t be. The next few guys revolve around a different theme entirely. Here’s a teaser:

2 Rohirrim Infiltrator Isengard
Minion • Man
Strength: 5
This minion is strength +1 for each companion you can spot who bears an Isengard condition.
Some of Gríma’s most loyal servants were from beyond the borders of Rohan, sent before Wormtongue to begin dissent in the Rohirrim ranks.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:54 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Hmmmm. Think What if I make it so that, if Theoden is in play, he HAS to be assigned to this guy?

Not so convinced. Perhaps just leave Theoden out of the equation. You can always make some conditions and/or events that revolve around him later.

EDIT: Sorry, didn’t mean the Throne of Isengard, meant the Throne of the Golden Hall.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man
This minion is strength +1 for each companion you can spot who bears an Isengard condition.
Some of Gríma’s most loyal servants were from beyond the borders of Rohan, sent before Wormtongue to begin dissent in the Rohirrim ranks.

I reckon he could have strength 6 - you should be seriously rewarded for putting and keeping your conditions on companions.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:54 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man

I’d lower his strength to 4. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards