LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:22 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Bewitched Isengard
Condition
Strength -1
Resistance -1
Spell. To play, exert Saruman, Gríma, or 2 Isengard Men. Plays on an unbound companion.
Bearer loses all hunter bonuses.
If bearer is a Man, he or she cannot use special abilities.
“‘And ever Wormtongue’s whispering was in your ears, poisoning your thought, chilling your heart, weakening your limbs, while others watched and could do nothing, for your will was in his keeping.’”

Seems ok.

1 Exiled Isengard
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Saruman or 3 Isengard Men.
Response: If an unbound companion loses a skirmish involving an Isengard Man, remove 1 to transfer this condition from your support area to that companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time another companion or ally of bearer’s culture loses a skirmish, bearer must exert.
“‘You are banished forthwith from the Kingdom of Rohan and all its domains under pain of death.’”

STILL think this is wrong even with a limit. Would have favoured unique, Think its really good but way powerful for four copies.

2 Spoken In The Darkness Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Resistance -1
Response: If a companion loses a skirmish involving an Isengard Man, exert Saruman or an Isengard Man to transfer this condition from your support area to that companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer is strength -1 for each exhausted companion you can spot (limit -3).
“‘Oh, but you are alone....The walls of your bower closing in about you. A hutch to trammel some wild thing.’”

Sound.

1 Words of Poison Isengard
Condition
Resistance -1
Spell. To play, exert Saruman or an Isengard Man. Plays on an unbound companion.
Bearer may not be exerted by Free Peoples cards.
“‘In Éomer there is little trust. Few men would be left to guard your walls, if he had been allowed to rule. And even now we learn from Gondor that the Dark Lord is stirring in the East. Such is the hour in which this wanderer chooses to return.’”

Sound enough. Death to LOI and greenleaf!

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:17 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Exiled Isengard
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Saruman or 3 Isengard Men.
Response: If an unbound companion loses a skirmish involving an Isengard Man, remove 1 to transfer this condition from your support area to that companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time another companion or ally of bearer’s culture loses a skirmish, bearer must exert.
“‘You are banished forthwith from the Kingdom of Rohan and all its domains under pain of death.’”

STILL think this is wrong even with a limit. Would have favoured unique, Think its really good but way powerful for four copies.

The thing is that Isengard Men already have another card that’s arguably better than this one. Granted, that one is limited to Men, but this one has pretty tough spotting requirements to even get into play, AND requires that an Isengard Man win a skirmish against that companion to use in the first place. I’d consider raising the cost to 2, but I really think it’s very well-balanced otherwise. Such a small and relatively weak group like these Isengard Men NEED a couple powerful cards to make them viable. I really don’t think this is TOO powerful, my juicy friend, just more powerful than you might see with, say, Men Men, or Uruks, or some other large subculture/race.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:21 am
Ok I concede the point. Very Happy
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:34 am
Good! Laughing Seriously though, I appreciate when a reviewer sticks to his guns. Shows he really wants to make my cards be all they can be! Razz Every now and then, though, I’m gonna stick to mine, too. Wink

Jeez, too many smilies there. d'oh!

Okay, with that settled, let’s move on. Here are a couple more Men to work with those conditions. Enjoy!

2 Agent of Saruman Isengard
Minion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 2
Site: 3
Shadow: Exert this minion to take an Isengard condition that plays on or transfers to a character into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
Saruman’s promises of riches and power led many to swear allegiance.

A couple postings ago, one reviewer (I think it was GT) mentioned that he thought these guys, as Men, should have 3 vitality. I agree for some, but for some others I don’t. There are plenty of Men minions with only 2 vitality (or even less), including some of the original Isengard Men and their closest "cousins" in the Dunland culture. So, this guy also has 2 vitality. Never let it be said I can’t find a lot to talk about on a rather boring minion! Razz Well, boring, but rather important to make sure you get your conditions when you need them.

2 Rohirrim Deserter Isengard
Minion • Man
Strength: 5
Vitality: 3
To play, spot an Isengard Man or Wizard.
While skirmishing a Man, this minion is strength +2.
This minion is strength +1 for each Isengard condition borne by a companion he is skirmishing.
The wealth promised them led even some of the Riders of Rohan to betray their brothers-in-arms.

And then, with your conditions out, this guy teams up with his cousin Rohirrim Infiltrator to beat the poo out of you! Twisted Evil Oh, and uh, notice he has 3 vitality. I’m not 2-exclusive. Rolling Eyes Get it? TOO exclusive? Oh man, I crack myself up.

Hey, put those rotten veggies down!
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:22 pm; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:48 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Man
Exert this minion to take an Isengard condition that plays on or transfers to a character into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.

Cool.

Minion • Man
While skirmishing a Man, this minion is strength +1.
This minion is strength +1 for each Isengard condition borne by a companion he is skirmishing.
The wealth promised them led even some of the Riders of Rohan to betray their brothers-in-arms.

He’s rather weak could be +2 on the man bit.

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:55 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man
Exert this minion to take an Isengard condition that plays on or transfers to a character into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.

Oooh! The Invisible Phase! Laughing Otherwise, he looks fine. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man
While skirmishing a Man, this minion is strength +1.

Good. Smile
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:26 am
LOL missed that, nice one AP. Hilarious. Smile
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:31 am
lem0nhead wrote:
LOL missed that, nice one AP. Hilarious. Smile

Ha. Ha. Ha.

d'oh!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Gate Troll
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:45 am
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Man
Shadow: Exert this minion to take an Isengard condition that plays on or transfers to a character into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.

Okay.Neutral

DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Man

Nice but I think better off as 3. Just my Two Cents, though.
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:07 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man

Quite frankly, I’d replace that copious amount of text with ’... an Isengard conditon’. I don’t really care what it is, but I feel like if you’re using Isengard Men you’re going to want a lot of conditions that go on companions anyway. And I don’t see any problem in splashing him into uruk or orc decks, or even Wizard deceived, if you really feel like it.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Rohirrim Deserter Isengard
Minion • Man

I think he’s fine at 2 (maybe with a spotting requirement if you’re worried), but whatever.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards