LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Grim and Horrible Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Make an Isengard or Dunland Man strength +2 (or +3 if you can spot Saruman).
“‘All Saruman’s people were marching away....And there were battalions of Men, too.’”
should be or a uruk-hai IMSO

2Servants of the White Hand Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion is killed, you may take any number of Isengard cards borne by that companion into hand and heal Saruman and each Isengard Man.
“‘What was the promised price, Gríma? When all the men are dead, you will take your share of the treasure?’”

It really stinks when you take the time to throw a couple valuable conditions on a companion and then they die, taking your cards with them. Well no longer!

title doesn’t work with the lore lore....you should have to discard the condition to do it IMSO

and actually the reason you threw those conditions on was most likely to kill them so it isn’t quite so bad...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:17 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Grim and Horrible Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Make an Isengard or Dunland Man strength +2 (or +3 if you can spot Saruman).
“‘All Saruman’s people were marching away....And there were battalions of Men, too.’”

Thran’s right Dunland pumps can be nasty as heck so make this cost 0 if you dont improve it.

2Servants of the White Hand Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion is killed, you may take any number of Isengard cards borne by that companion into hand and heal Saruman and each Isengard Man.
“‘What was the promised price, Gríma? When all the men are dead, you will take your share of the treasure?’”

Remove saruman and put each isengard man and wizard. Sounds nicer and could work with the wizardy conditions then. Nice card though.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:19 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Remove saruman and put each isengard man and wizard. Sounds nicer and could work with the wizardy conditions then. Nice card though.

I’d definitely agree with that!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Gate Troll
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:52 am
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
DáinIronfoot wrote:

4Squint-eyed Southerner, Agent of the White Hand Isengard
Minion • Man
Strength: 9
Vitality: 2
Site: 2
When you play Squint-eyed Southerner, the Free Peoples player must discard a card from hand (or 2 cards if you can spot Saruman).
Each time you play or transfer an Isengard condition onto a companion, you may exert an Isengard Man to make that companion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
“‘It seems plain now that that Southerner was a spy of Saruman’s....’”

Good. Thumbs Up I would like to see some Isengard possessions for men and also
a couple of events. Perhaps something like this:

1 Venomous Words Isengard
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing an Isengard man
strength -1 (or strength -2 if that companion bears an Isengard condition).
"They are not welcome here my lord..."
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:07 am
You mean like this one:

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Men Will Fall Isengard (reprint)
Event • Skirmish
Spot Saruman or an Isengard Man to make an unbound companion strength -2 (or -3 if that companion bears an Isengard condition).
“‘The Ring of Barahir. So Gandalf Greyhame thinks he has found Isildur’s heir. The lost king of Gondor. He is a fool. The line was broken years ago.’”

Laughing

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Gate Troll
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:19 am
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
Thranduil wrote:
You mean like this one:

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Men Will Fall Isengard (reprint)
Event • Skirmish
Spot Saruman or an Isengard Man to make an unbound companion strength -2 (or -3 if that companion bears an Isengard condition).
“‘The Ring of Barahir. So Gandalf Greyhame thinks he has found Isildur’s heir. The lost king of Gondor. He is a fool. The line was broken years ago.’”

Laughing

Thranduil

I hadn’t noticed that when I posted. Embarassed
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:51 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Okay, time for a short break from Isengard Men. VERY short. Probably just this one card, actually...though as you’ll see, it has a strong connection to these Men.... Twisted Evil

4Saruman, Grown Very Strong Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Site: 4
Lurker.
When you play Saruman, you may name one: Dunland, Sauron, Uruk-hai; he gains that culture until the end of the turn.
Each time a minion of Saruman’s culture wins a skirmish, you may heal Saruman.
Skirmish: Exert Saruman to make a minion of Saruman’s culture strength +1 (or +2 if skirmishing a character bearing a condition of Saruman’s culture).
“‘He has taken Orcs into his service, and Wolf-riders, and evil Men...we are likely to be beset both east and west.’”

There are many Sarumans that make other minions of his culture stronger (Saruman, Rabble-rouser, Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord, Saruman, Coldly Still), so the general idea is nothing new. Boring, almost. Except that THIS Saruman, of course, isn’t limited to one culture. He works well with his old-school Isengard minions, his new Uruk-hai baddies, another old-school culture that makes a lot of sense (Dunland), and one that might be a little baffling, but ALSO makes sense if you think about it (Sauron). And he can boost the strength of ANY of them. Not to toot my own horn, but this might be the most versatile Saruman yet.

And it just gets better. Those other Sarumans usually require exerting for a +2 pump. With his high but limited vitality, that means he usually caps out at doing this three times. Not anymore! While his actual pump is typically lower here (+1), it regenerates as long as you win your skirmishes. And with minions that throw conditions on companions (like the Isengard Men, Isengard trackers, Uruks, old-school Sauron, and yes, even a little Dunland later on), that pump doubles. NASTY!

Who needs other pumps? Twisted Evil

There will be other Sarumans. This is a Saruman-heavy set, sort of like Rise of Saruman and its crazy FIVE versions. I won’t have near that many, but there will be at least three. Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Wizard
Lurker.
When you play Saruman, you may name one: Dunland, Sauron, Uruk-hai; he gains that culture until the end of the turn.
Skirmish: Exert Saruman to make a minion of Saruman’s culture strength +1 (or +2 if skirmishing a character bearing a condition of Saruman’s culture).
“‘He has taken Orcs into his service, and Wolf-riders, and evil Men...we are likely to be beset both east and west.’”

At first sight he looks weak compared to Rabble-rouser, but then again, he can skirmish. Well done! GP
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:23 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Wizard
Lurker.

Meh subtitle, but fair enough. Is this not very similar to a card you’ve already posted? Too complicated, I feel. Drop the parentheses on his skirmish ability and I reckon it’s fine and more streamlined. I understand its purpose, but it’s too wordy. Maybe replace it with ’(or +2 if skirmishing a character bearing a Shadow condition).’

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:22 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Wizard
Lurker.

I wouldnt necessarily drop the parenthesis but the wording is a bit messy need tidying up. I dont see how he was ever a Sauron helping guy. Id lose that bit. He seems ok.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards