LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

4Saruman, Grown Very Strong Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Site: 4
Lurker.
When you play Saruman, you may name one: Dunland, Sauron, Uruk-hai; he gains that culture until the end of the turn.
Each time a minion of Saruman’s culture wins a skirmish, you may heal Saruman.
Skirmish: Exert Saruman to make a minion of Saruman’s culture strength +1 (or +2 if skirmishing a character bearing a condition of Saruman’s culture).
“‘He has taken Orcs into his service, and Wolf-riders, and evil Men...we are likely to be beset both east and west.’”

coolio! GP as soon as possible
allied with many for sub maybe?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:58 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Well, my "grand return" to DCing isn’t going to be all that grand. Just two new cards for now, and they’re admittedly both a bit meh, but hey, gotta get started again somewhere, right?

Enjoy!

0 Unwelcome Guests Isengard
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Isengard Men (or Théoden King).
Each time a companion is played or a Free Peoples card is played on a companion, you may discard your Isengard condition to add 3.
“‘The courtesy of your hall is somewhat lessened of late, Théoden son of Thengel.’”

Not all that great by itself, but it can give you the twilight needed for your Isengard conditions...and then some. The only downside, of course, is that you have to discard another condition to get that twilight. Like I said, kind of meh. Rolling Eyes

3Weapons Laid Aside Isengard
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Théoden King or Gríma, each companion skirmishing an Isengard Man loses all strength bonuses from possessions and artifacts.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to discard a weapon or staff borne by a companion skirmishing an Isengard Man.
“‘I cannot allow you before Théoden King so armed, Gandalf Grayhame, by order of Gríma Wormtongue.’”

This one I’m happier with. It could be a key card for the generally weak Isengard Men, allowing them to win some skirmishes and not be limited to a simple harrassment subculture.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:39 am; edited 4 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:08 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a companion is played or a Free Peoples card is played on a companion, discard an Isengard condition to add 3.
“‘The courtesy of your hall is somewhat lessened of late, Théoden son of Thengel.’”

As a response, this card is crazy! You could completely flood a pool for 1 card! Shocked Make it an each time so that this is not possible.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Théoden King or Gríma, each companion skirmishing an Isengard Man loses all strength bonuses from weapons and artifacts.
“‘I cannot allow you before Théoden King so armed, Gandalf Grayhame, by order of Gríma Wormtongue.’”

I think I’d just say ’from possessions and artifacts’ and be done with it. Could easily cost 1 or 2 because it’s restricted to specific people, and I wouldn’t mind a discarding ability, even a simple one like ’Skirmish: Make an Isengard Man strength +2. Discard this condition.’ or something.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Well, my "grand return" to DCing isn’t going to be all that grand. Just two new cards for now, and they’re admittedly both a bit meh, but hey, gotta get started again somewhere, right?

Enjoy!

Condition • Support Area
Response: If a companion is played or a Free Peoples card is played on a companion, discard an Isengard condition to add 3.
so you could discard it to add three...which is quite useful.

Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Théoden King or Gríma, each companion skirmishing an Isengard Man loses all strength bonuses from weapons and artifacts.

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:22 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area

so you could discard it to add three...which is quite useful.

Yes, you certainly could. That was what I figured would happen unless you had tons of other conditions out...not all that unlikely with Isengard Men, actually.

I fixed the first card as Thran suggested (rusty after my trip! d'oh!) and also tweaked the second after a moment of inspiration thanks, again, to Thran. Better now?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:24 pm
Like ’em both! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:47 pm
Seconded. Smile
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:21 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion is played or a Free Peoples card is played on a companion, you may discard an Isengard condition to add 3.

Discard "your" isengard condition, again abusive in multiplayer if not. Other than alright. I think its a lot to add for playing a hobbit sword for example though.

Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Théoden King or Gríma, each companion skirmishing an Isengard Man loses all strength bonuses from possessions and artifacts.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to discard a weapon or staff borne by a companion skirmishing an Isengard Man.

Wow would be OP if it were not for the fact isengard men are naff.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:53 am
Tweaked as recommended, lem0n. Thumbs Up

Okay, I may touch on Isengard Men again later, but for now, I’m itching to get to Uruks. Twisted Evil

There are two sub-groups of Uruks in this set. The first group is what you normally think of with Uruks: the big hulking warriors that stormed Helm’s Deep, with their berserkers and machines and brutal tactics. There will be plenty of those later. But for now, we’ll focus on the other group of Uruks: the hunters and trackers that ambushed the fellowship at Amon Hen, killed Boromir, captured Merry and Pippin, and are now bringing their "prize" to Saruman at Isengard. They were a major nuisance in the Towers block, and hats off to Decipher for making them an even bigger nuisance as hunters.

These guys will take some of the old and some of the new and mix it all together for maximum pain. Twisted Evil For example....

4Uglúk, Patrol Leader Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Site: 5
Tracker. Fierce. Hunter 2.
The roaming penalty for each other Isengard tracker you play is -2.
Each time Uglúk wins a fierce skirmish, you may exert 2 trackers (or 1 tracker twice) to capture a companion assigned to skirmish an Isengard tracker.
“‘I don’t take orders from Orc-maggots. Saruman will have his prize. We will deliver them.’”

And yes, capturing is back. I think I can actually make it work with a little work. My revised capturing concept will be described in another thread in a matter of minutes...I’ll post a link when it’s up.

EDIT: The promised link.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:28 pm; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:56 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
4Uglúk, Patrol Leader Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Site: 5
Tracker. Fierce. Damage +1. Hunter 2.
The roaming penalty for each other Isengard tracker you play is -2.
Each time Uglúk wins a fierce skirmish, you may exert 2 trackers (or one tracker twice) to capture a companion assigned to skirmish an Isengard tracker.
“‘I don’t take orders from Orc-maggots. Saruman will have his prize. We will deliver them.’”

"One" should be "1" and I’d drop the damage bonus. Thumbs Up Really glad to see capturing back, though. Very Happy
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards