LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:52 pm
could you get sued by dechiphar since sda is illigal?
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:41 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
AP, did you count me in?
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
TheJord
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:42 pm
I’m pretty sure the designer of SdA makes no money from it so I doubt there is any copyright infringement. As for the tournament, at no point do we claim it was sanctioned by the big D.

If Decpiher did sue, it would be the most action that we have seen from them in years.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
Kralik
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:50 pm
TheHobbit13 wrote:
could you get sued by dechiphar since sda is illigal?

I doubt it is illegal... I posted this information before, but basically according to Decipher’s Terms of Use of their website, you can download the card images for personal use. Since they are publicly available and all SdA does is display them, I don’t see why it would be a problem. Furthermore, LotR Online is now closed to new players, so it’s not as if it affects them in that way either.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
If CBB is right, though, then that problem may (or may not) be solved. As for the time zone factor, that won’t be a problem, I don’t think. Ample time would be given for the gametime to be decided upon and then actually played.

Would you all like to know a useful way to play games whether you can get around the firewall or not? It’s called Hamachi. It’s a free product which is very easy to use that lets you create a VPN (Virtual Private Network) along with private IP addresses. Essentially it’s like being on the same LAN/subnet as someone else. There is no need to forward ports because you can access each computer directly. All you have to do is install it, choose a network name, choose a password, and you’re all set. Note though that you would need administrative access on your computer to install the program (don’t think it would work for NBarden...) Let me know if you want more info--I use it all the time.
Pippin
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:36 pm
How do you play LOTR TCG?
as Pipeweed once said: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeClick Here Please!
Cobra Cards: Dying body filled with thriving cells.
My have's and wantsPopcornMy trade refrences
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:04 am
Pippin wrote:
How do you play LOTR TCG?

Do you mean the game itself or SdA? A working knowledge of SdA and the game itself are mandatory if you wish to participate. If you need to know how to use SdA, I can give you a tutorial later today. If it’s the game itself that you don’t understand, then you need to find a rulebook (you should have at least one if you’ve ever bought a Starter deck). Or, just print the most recent Comprehensive Rulings Document (CRD) and read it a few times. The concept of the game is rather simple, and the more complex steps you can learn in a matter of days.

As for the others, I need more input about the deck types and the elimination formats.
I had to put something here.
TheJord
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:08 am
Standard sounds good, try to make a more realistic tournament.

With only 10 of us best out of 3 would be best.

Will their be independent umpires available for the games? I know they wont be able to observe, but it would be good to have someone available on an IM to answer any questions.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:18 am
TheJord wrote:
Will their be independent umpires available for the games? I know they wont be able to observe, but it would be good to have someone available on an IM to answer any questions.

That’s a good idea, but I don’t know how often an umpire would be needed. Out of the dozens upon dozens of games that I have played on SdA, I have only need to consult a rules source or another member three or four times. Not a bad idea, though.

Plus, we need to decide about wins / losses in case SdA crashes (which will often be the case, I’m afraid). The WWL always said that if the game crashed before both players reached site 4 then the game was declared a draw. Thoughts?
TheJord
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:34 am
Sounds like we might be having a lot of rematches.

Perhaps the umpire could also be the independent match reporter? I have no idea how we would make that work.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:03 pm
I’d say SdA crashes for me about 1 in every 3 games, or maybe 4. So with a bit of luck, there should only be 1 rematch per matchup; maybe more, maybe less.

And as for reporting games, we would use the WWL format: one person reports, and the other confirms the result. Thumbs Up

It looks like the favorite so far is Standard for decks and best-of-3 for elimination. Tentatively, those are the options that we’ll go with, unless major objections come up in the future.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion