LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
TheJord
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:00 pm
I dont know whether this question has been asked before but I would like to know.

I have Bill Ferny, Agent of Saruman and Grima, Betrayer of Rohan out. Ferny wins his skirmish, and before the wound token is placed, I get to use Grima’s text.

This is correct, is it not?
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:18 pm
that sounds right Thumbs Up i always thought that they could place the wound and then you use grima’s text Think
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:27 pm
I don’t think so, because both actions have the same trigger (winning a skirmish), and placing wounds is a mandatory action, whereas Grima’s text is optional. So the wounds must be resolved first.
TheJord
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:30 pm
I would check the CRD but whenever I try to look at it it crashes Internet Explorer.

I think you resolve "when X event occurs" triggers before mandatory, but like I said I cant check.
menace64
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:02 pm
You’re right, TheJord. Let me lay it out for ya:

Bill Ferny is assigned and both players throw down their pumps and eventually both pass their actions. The skirmish now resolves. Bill Ferny has higher strength. At this moment, he is declared the winner. This is when Grima’s text kicks in. You use his text to exert a companion. And now the appropriate number of wounds are placed on the losing character, which ends the skirmish.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
TheJord
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:08 pm
Excellent... Twisted Evil
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:40 pm
Gríma’s text is optional, and so his exertions come after the wound placed for losing the skirmish.

This is the correct answer.
All cards do what they say.
AgentDrake
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:36 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I’m pretty sure that Bib’s right on this one. (Again....) Without looking at the cards, so this is all on memory, but Grima is triggered by a minion winning the skirmish, not to wounds being placed, but the wounds are also triggered by the minion winning the skirmish, not by the skirmish officially being "over." As the mandatory action, they then occur before anything else.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:46 am
Wow m64 rules pwned by Bib. Nasty. Id love see that celebrity death match Twisted Evil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
menace64
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:07 am
lol nah, I would never fight Bib. We’re on the same team, after all.

I’m just glad he corrected my blunder. The only thing I hate more than being wrong is unwittingly sucking people down with me.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions