LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » General Discussion » Feedback Forum
Hazael
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:20 pm
I used to go out of my way to get the ones at a store called "collecter’s connection". The sleeves they had there were nice and durable for shuffling, but they got sooo scratchy it was hard to see the cards. lol
These are close to what you send with in the mail. Not 100% sure if they are the same. I nev­er used the ones I got in the mail from orders.
If they are the same, you will notice that the sleeves get so scratchy that it fogs the pictures on the cards.

The ones I like best are.... well... Wallmart brand. Laughing
They are less durable and tend to stick to each other sometimes, but they are WAY better if you want to actually see your cards. lol
I don’t even notice that they are on anymore like when I played with the stiffer brand.

Sorry I can’t tell you the exact brand I use now, but I can find out tonight. I am going to Wallmart later.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
ingold55
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:01 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
what are "sleeves"?
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Hazael
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:13 pm
They are plastic covers to go on your cards to protect them from play.
If you do not use them when you play, eventually your cards get nics, scratches, bent, faded, wet, ect.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
ingold55
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:41 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
cool! Very Happy i might have to invest in some. Smile
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
syndrome
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:28 pm
Collector’s Connection uses Ultra Pro I do believe.

Those are what I have, and though I don’t use them often... when I do I’ve never had a problem with them. I should probably use them ... right now I think I only have 1 of my LOTR cards in them (my boromir) and like 5 mtg cards in em... lol.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:31 pm
meh. The Sleeves are fun, but making decks with them just didn’t work with me. Every dang time I shuffled, they were so slippery they just flew all around the floor, causing me to leave 2 "key" cards at home, causing me to lose to Phazanzar one day. Rolling Eyes
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:36 pm
I never use a deck unless it is completely sleeved. Yes, they’re slippery at first, but after using the deck a bit they feel perfect. They make it soooo easy for me to shuffle, compared to shuffling decks with no sleeves. In addition, shuffling with non-sleeved cards can easily do damage to the borders of the cards.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
syndrome
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
I never use a deck unless it is completely sleeved. Yes, they’re slippery at first, but after using the deck a bit they feel perfect. They make it soooo easy for me to shuffle, compared to shuffling decks with no sleeves. In addition, shuffling with non-sleeved cards can easily do damage to the borders of the cards.
I do not care about battle wear-and-tear...

That’s what they’re meant for.

Though... I’m starting to get some pretty spendy decks... maybe I should look into starting w/ the sleeves <_<
http://myspace/delicatesituation
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:49 pm
Phazanzar wrote:
Though... I’m starting to get some pretty spendy decks... maybe I should look into starting w/ the sleeves <_<

I would definitely invest in sleeves, especially since cards that are in crappy condition are worth nowhere near as much as mint or near-mint cards.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:24 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I have my elven decks and gondor decks all sleeved. I don’t sleeve my Rohan so I can find it quickly and because rohan stuff is not worth much Very Happy .

Also I think it would be cool if Cobra got binder sleeves also.
You know the 9 card ones that go in a 3 ring binder

Forum index » General Discussion » Feedback Forum