LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Sam-Wise
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:01 pm
Ok, I don’t know how good this is, but here it goes

• I Think I’ve Broken Something Shire

Condition

+1 Health

Card Text: To play, spot a Hobbit.
Skirmish: Discard this card to look at the top card of your draw deck.[/i]
My Greatest friend is Jesus Christ.
He's the source of all power.

X+3=8-2. {X=3}. I love little algebra problems!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:07 pm
A few pointers to help you along in the DC forum: It makes things look good and tidy if stack the card’s text all on top of one another. Also, if the card gives a vitality bonus, then it must be able to be borne by a companion. Thirdly, revealing a card isn’t too powerful, but something like drawing a card or removing a burden makes it a bit more useful. With the card tweaked a bit, it looks like this:

1I Think I’ve Broken Something Shire
Condition
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to draw a card (and remove a burden if bearer is assigned to a skirmish).
“‘Old Maggot is really a stout fellow – if you leave his mushrooms alone.’”
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:14 am
As AP said, revealing the top card of your draw deck (especially for Shire which doesn’t do telepathy like Elven) is not equivalent to a vitality bonus so in general I’d rather keep it on a guy than discard it as written. Doing something effective that Hobbits are quite good at like healing, removing threats or burdens are good replacements.

Keep bringing on the DCs, there aren’t enough round here these days! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:56 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
The idea of telepathy...interesting one. I could see the start of a new mini-set of cards. Hobbit telepathy to cancel skirmishes and remove burdens would be an interesting touch. You could tweak the card to something like this...

1•I Think I’ve Broken Something Shire
Condition
Vitality: +1
To play, spot a Hobbit.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to reveal the top card of your draw deck; if it is a Shire card, you may remove a burden.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
...humm maybe

2 Luck of the Hobbits Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot a hobbit with X resistance to reveal the top X cards of your draw deck. If you reveal 3 or more Shire cards, cancel a skirmish involving a hobbit, except the ring-bearer. Place the revealed cards beneath your draw deck.

having planet an idea, the spammer leaves to let others fertilize it and bring the DC to fruitfulness. Mr. Green
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Sam-Wise
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:08 pm
Ha ha, thanks SOP.

And thanks to everyone, this is really helpful.

CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
sickofpalantirs wrote:
...humm maybe

2 Luck of the Hobbits Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot a hobbit with X resistance to reveal the top X cards of your draw deck. If you reveal 3 of more Shire card, cancel a skirmish involving a hobbit, except the ring-bearer. Place the revealed cards beneath their draw deck.

having planet an idea, the spammer leaves to let others fertilize it and bring the DC to fruitfulness. Mr. Green

Hey, now that’s a brilliant card. It keys off of two of Shire’s characteristics: high resistance and skirmish cancelling. I like.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Sam-Wise
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:45 pm
here is my revised version.

1 • I Think I’ve Broken Something Shire
Condition
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Merry.
Discard this card, to look at the top card of your draw deck. (If the top card is a Shire card, heal a Hobbit.)

"You’ve been into Farmer Maggots crops!"

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Sam-Wise wrote:
here is my revised version.

Condition
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Merry.
Discard this card, to look at the top card of your draw deck. (If the top card is a Shire card, heal a Hobbit.)
"You’ve been into Farmer Maggots crops!"

should be

Condition
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Merry.
Discard this card, to look at the top card of your draw deck. If it is a Shire card, you may heal a Hobbit.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:14 pm
Looks good! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards