LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:15 am
I agree with Thran but the cost of 2nd and 3rd could both be dropped by 1 i feel.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:50 am
Thanks for the reviews, fellows! Smile

8The Witch-king, Foul Dwimmerlaik Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Strength: 14
Vitality: 4
Site Number: 3
Fierce. Lurker.
While The Witch-king is the only minion you can spot, he gains hunter 2.
Response: If the Free Peoples player removes a burden, you may exert The Witch-king to exert an unbound companion for each wound on the Ring-bearer.
“There some paces from him sat the great beast, and all seemed dark about it, and above it loomed the Nazgûl Lord like a shadow of despair.”

2The Witch-king’s Beast, Great Shadow Wraith
Possession • Mount
Strength +2
Bearer must be The Witch-king. He is damage +1.
When you play this possession, you may exert a companion (or 2 companions if you can spot a Free Peoples mount).
“Down, down it came, and then, folding its fingered webs, it gave a croaking cry, and settled upon the body of Snowmane, digging in its claws, stooping its long naked neck.”

2Gríma, Pawn of Saruman Isengard
Follower
Strength -2
Resistance -2
Aid2. To play, spot Saruman. Bearer must be an unbound companion.
Each time you transfer this follower to a companion, you may exert Saruman to take an Isengard card into hand from your draw deck (and discard a card at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand if you can spot a Rohan Man).
“‘He said he was Gríma, friend and counsellor of the king, and had been sent with important messages from Théoden to Saruman.’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:51 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:29 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Thanks for the reviews, fellows! Smile

Minion • Nazgûl
Fierce. Lurker.
Response: If the Free Peoples player removes a burden, you may exert The Witch-king to exert an unbound companion for each wound on the Ring-bearer.
“There some paces from him sat the great beast, and all seemed dark about it, and above it loomed the Nazgûl Lord like a shadow of despair.”

While you can spot no other minions, i think is the best phrasing. Nice ability but freeps wouldnt surely remove a burden when he was out. Limited use.

Possession • Mount
Strength +2
When you play this possession, you may exert a companion (or 3 companions if you can spot a Free Peoples mount).
“Down, down it came, and then, folding its fingered webs, it gave a croaking cry, and settled upon the body of Snowmane, digging in its claws, stooping its long naked neck.”

Change it to 2 companions. Seems fine but id lower the strength bonus to 1 as its really strong otherwise.

Follower
Strength -2
Resistance -2
Each time you transfer this follower to a companion, you may exert Saruman twice to take an Isengard card into hand from your draw deck (and discard a card at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand if you can spot a Rohan Man).
“‘He said he was Gríma, friend and counsellor of the king, and had been sent with important messages from Théoden to Saruman.’”

Im not sure i like the idea of sshadow followers let alone those that play on comps. The stats modifiers are way nasty but the gametext isnt that good. And i see no need for the random card discard.

"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:08 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Minion • Nazgûl
Fierce. Lurker.

Seems fine, if nothing else than as a deterrent for removing burdens.

lem0nhead wrote:
While you can spot no other minions, i think is the best phrasing.

Doesn’t work: you can always choose to spot no other minions.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Possession • Mount
Strength +2
When you play this possession, you may exert a companion (or 3 companions if you can spot a Free Peoples mount).

Agree with lem0n, 2 companions is enough. I reckon otherwise it’s fine seeing as it can only be borne by the Witch-King.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Follower
Strength -2
Resistance -2
Each time you transfer this follower to a companion, you may exert Saruman twice to take an Isengard card into hand from your draw deck (and discard a card at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand if you can spot a Rohan Man).

Agree that the discarding at random seems a bit out of the blue. Weird idea, but I think it’s fun! Maybe Saruman only needs to exert once?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:20 am
Thranduil wrote:

lem0nhead wrote:
While you can spot no other minions, i think is the best phrasing.

Doesn’t work: you can always choose to spot no other minions.

Only if it says "you may spot" or just "spot". Not "while you can". That is compulsary.

You cant choose to spot no minions with that phrasing cos there are minions out.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:56 am
Thranduil wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Follower
Strength -2
Resistance -2

Agree that the discarding at random seems a bit out of the blue. Weird idea, but I think it’s fun! Maybe Saruman only needs to exert once?

Glad you like it. Smile I tried to design it based on the fact that Grìma was a sort of a leech (the strength and resistance modifiers), he was sent by Saruman to corrupt Théoden (the Isengard card-grabbing) and he was obviously not any help to Rohan as a whole (the FP-card discardal for a Rohan companion).

Today’s 3 coming a bit later. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:30 pm
The first 3 since Thursday. Embarassed

5Furious Spider Green
Minion • Spider
Strength: 9
Site Number: 6
Enduring.
At the start of the skirmish phase, you may heal this minion and discard a Green card from hand to add a burden or exert an unbound companion bearing a Green card.
“‘I’ll soon put an end to that,’ hissed the angry spider climbing back onto the branch.”

2Waving Snares Green
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Green Spider.
Each time you play a Green card (except a minion), make the Free Peoples player choose to either discard a card from hand or add 1. Discard this condition or a Spider at the start of the regroup phase.
“As quick as lightning they came running and swinging towards the hobbit, flinging out their long threads in all directions….”

2 Sick and Weary Green
Condition • Support Area
Strength -1
Resistance -1
Skirmish: Transfer this condition from your support area to a companion skirmishing a Green Spider.
Each time the fellowship moves, the Free Peoples player must choose to exert bearer or add 1.
“…they could not go much better than a hobble and a wobble….”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:25 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:10 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

5 Furious Spider Green
Minion • Spider
Vitality: 5
Enduring.
At the start of the skirmish phase, you may heal this minion and discard a Green card from hand to add a burden or exert an unbound companion bearing a Green card.
“‘I’ll soon put an end to that,’ hissed the angry spider climbing back onto the branch.”

The adding a burden is really powerful for a non unique minion id be wary of it. And the health is a bit extreme. 5? Drop to 4.

1Waving Snares Green
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Green card (except a minion), make the Free Peoples player choose to either discard a card from hand or add 1. Discard this condition or a Spider at the start of the regroup phase.
“As quick as lightning they came running and swinging towards the hobbit, flinging out their long threads in all directions….”

Wow thats sick! Needs to cost about 3 and the maintanance cost needs upping.

3 Sick and Weary Green
Condition • Support Area
Strength -1
Resistance -1
Skirmish: Transfer this condition from your support area to a companion skirmishing a Green Spider.
Each time the fellowship moves, the Free Peoples player must choose to exert bearer or add 1.

I reckon it should be if the spider wins the skirmish. Cool though.

Thranduil
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:41 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
5 Furious Spider Green
Minion • Spider
Enduring.

Couple of things. Firstly I agree with lem0n that vitality 5 seems excessive: after all, that’s what the Balrog and Sauron have. I also agree with him that adding a burden is much better than exerting an unbound companion, let alone one that has to be bearing a Green card.

Secondly, which skirmish phase does the ability trigger? At the start of each skirmish phase? Or only at the start of one involving him?

I reckon this guy is screaming to be unique as well.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1Waving Snares Green
Condition • Support Area

I reckon the two texts should be on separate lines. Other than that, I reckon 2 maybe with an exertion to play (assuming not too many of your Green spiders are enduring) would make the card fine.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
3 Sick and Weary Green
Condition • Support Area
Strength -1
Resistance -1

I’d prefer a lower cost card with lesser effects, for example taking out one or both of the modifiers. As it is, I think I’d mostly rather have minions than keep 3 back for a condition.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:05 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

No worries. I haven’t posted any DCs since March 20th! Razz

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
5 Furious Spider Green
Minion • Spider
Enduring.

I think vitality 5 is okay IF you make him unique. However, 4 and STILL unique is probably better.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1Waving Snares Green
Condition • Support Area

I agree with Thran to a point...I think it should be 2 and require HEALING a Spider.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
3 Sick and Weary Green
Condition • Support Area
Strength -1
Resistance -1

I have a very similiar card with the same name! Good stuff. Thumbs Up Anyway, I agree with lem0n about playing it only when a Spider wins.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards