LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Kralik
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:10 pm
EDIT: I’m leaving the original post here, but let me know if you want to look over sites, promos, or the One Ring! Thanks! Mr. Green

I’m looking for volunteers to help proofread the LotR TCG Database. If you find the database useful, this is a great way to help! I’m hoping for it to eventually be 100% accurate and free from typos. Right now the most pressing thing that needs to be proofread is each card’s game text. If you need to refresh your knowledge of a particular set, why not proofread each card in the database and kill two birds with one stone?

Finished:

In progress:

Still needed:

I will update this top post as people volunteer.

The most important thing in my opinion is that the game text in the database matches what is on the card image, so that it can be searched properly. Note, however, that many cards have errata or clarifications, as expressed in the card notes.

Consistency is also key. A few things in particular to look for:
1) Make sure that all culture icons are properly expressed: [GANDALF], [GOLLUM], [MEN], [WRAITH], [ROHAN], etc.
2) Make sure that twilight has parentheses around it. Example: Remove (2) twilight.
3) Check for proper capitalization.

I know there are many cards that have even more obvious errors than those above. If you find a card that has an error, just let me know which card and I will fix it! I’ll probably update the database with corrections once or twice a week (I build the database from home and upload it all at once).

Thanks in advance for your help! Homage You’ll get some GP from me. Dancing
Last edited by Kralik on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:43 pm; edited 16 times in totalCheck out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:34 pm
You have WAAAAYYY to much time on your hands. I will use your database every once in a while, and If I find any errors, I’ll let you know. Very Happy
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:38 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I’ll do Wraith Collection, Treachery & Deceit, and Age’s End, but I can’t promise they’ll be done very quickly. I might be able to pick up some more afterwards, but I don’t want to make any promises on that yet!
Will get Wraiths done tonight, though, since there’s only six of those.

EDIT: PM’ed you what I’ve found on Wraith Collection. GP again for the great resource.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
menace64
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:45 pm
You know, I have a complete LotR TCG Excel Database. I could email it to you. I’m like, 99% sure that it’s error free.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Kralik
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:06 am
AgentDrake wrote:
I’ll do Wraith Collection, Treachery & Deceit, and Age’s End, but I can’t promise they’ll be done very quickly. I might be able to pick up some more afterwards, but I don’t want to make any promises on that yet!
Will get Wraiths done tonight, though, since there’s only six of those.

Thanks! There’s no particular hurry. GP

menace64 wrote:
You know, I have a complete LotR TCG Excel Database. I could email it to you. I’m like, 99% sure that it’s error free.

I would like to see that... where did you get it originally? I’m not sure I would directly overwrite what I have, since I’ve spent a lot of time double-checking things, but it would be a good comparison. I think I’ll post my database as Excel online sometime too so anyone could have it if they wanted it.
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:18 am
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
I can do Battle of Helm’s Deep and Mount Doom.
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
Kralik
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:20 am
Thanks! Very Happy
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:09 am
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Kralik, quick question: what are we supposed to do if the error is on the card? Fix it to the card or to common sense?
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
Kralik
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:11 am
The card image? Which card did you have in mind? I thought that D had fixed most by errata/clarifications... hmm... Think

Probably keep the game text to match the card image.
menace64
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:03 pm
Kralik wrote:
menace64 wrote:

I would like to see that... where did you get it originally?

lol. I made the thing... took me forever, too!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion