LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:53 pm
LOL, good one, yeah, I’d like that too. Mr. Green

Or the grand return of pogs?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NappyKorn
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:58 pm
oh yeah bring back the pogs Thumbs Up
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
menace64
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:19 pm
Elessar’s Socks wrote:
Maybe it’s more fun with rubber bands!

Gosh... I hate even remembering that. Decipher’s great game, "Battle Bands," where you adorn yourself with different-colored wristbands and face-off an opponent somehow.

If Beyblade was a stillborn game, Battle Bands was a miscarriage.

I’m curious as to the announcement. I had just decided a few days ago to give up on Decipher if some news didn’t start coming through in this next week. I expect the announcement is about the new game... after all, I read an article during the Winter that said the new game was due for unveiling in the ’first quarter of 2008.’

But I’m very worried that Decipher no longer carries the fame or diligence to produce something spectacular. I mean, the company - for all intents and purposes - has been dead for years. This new game has to be an easily-marketable (so not proprietary), easily-noticed, and enticing product to just about every card-playing demographic. Not. Easy.

Decipher can still pull it off. They’ve still got some magic left.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
macheteman
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:26 pm
NappyKorn wrote:
Maybe it involves a pogo stick, tin cans, and a rubber chicken

not a rubber chicken, an AQUATIC CHICKEN!!!!

wearing plaid shorts...
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
menace64
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:33 pm
Well, after snooping about Decipher’s ghostly website, I discovered something worth noting.

After trying to log in as a customer at the LotR page, a window opens up informing me that Decipher’s server certificate is expired. It was issued back in 2005, and expired quite a while ago. What this means is that, when someone signs in to the website, their information is shot across the internet virtually unprotected. There is no encryption to protect your data (name, password, etc.).

I would say that having a valid certificate is a must for a business website. Not having one tells me that Decipher is actually planning something else entirely. Maybe moving to a new website under a new name (that would be a smart move since the name Decipher is now attributed to horrible blunders and appalling customer service).

Or maybe they’re just waiting until the last minute (Monday) to renew it. If money’s tight, that would help.

I’ll snoop around some more.

EDIT: Something else I didn’t know before... Decipher is a lot more than a gaming company. Apparently, they’re "a marketing research services provider". I found this.

It could be that Decipher has been using this "other side" to help regain some financial footing.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Kralik
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:40 pm
Hey, I actually put my email address in back when they had the form on the front page. This is what I just got...!

Subject: A message from Warren Holland

Warren wrote:
Friday, March 28, 2008

I am very pleased to announce that on Monday, March 31st, we will unveil the first details of a new multi-license trading card game that has been in development for two years. The new game is called Fight Klub™, and it introduces revolutionary new features to the TCG landscape.

I would like to personally invite you to be among the first people to get information about Fight Klub™. Beginning at noon EST on Monday, please visit www.decipher.com.

I can tell you in advance of the website launch that you will find scores of innovations in the concept, marketing, and distribution for Fight Klub™. Our goal is to transform the players’ experience with TCGs, to put control of countless aspects of the game and community where it belongs — squarely into the hands of the players.

Once you visit the website, I hope you will provide me and the entire Fight Klub™ community with feedback by providing comments and/or posting on the message boards. I look forward to hearing what you think.

All the best,

Warren

Feedback by posting on the message boards... does this mean they have a plan to bring them back up?! Rolling Eyes
Last edited by Kralik on Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in totalCheck out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
TheBlueWizard
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:44 pm
menace64 wrote:

EDIT: Something else I didn’t know before... Decipher is a lot more than a gaming company. Apparently, they’re "a marketing research services provider". I found this.

It could be that Decipher has been using this "other side" to help regain some financial footing.

Well, I would say that this is old information since the link list Bojo as an executive. Bojo works (last I heard) on the Warcraft TCG.

TBW

PS I hate being a newbie....it’ll be months before anyone believes anything I say.
menace64
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:54 pm
Weak, Kralik!! I signed up to get the email and I have nothing. Sad

Fight Klub, eh? The misspelling of club makes me nervous, even if it makes perfect sense from a legal standpoint. I hope it doesn’t wind up being geared for ankle-biters.

Now, it seems obvious that Fight Klub will resemble - at least in part - the QuickStrike system developed by UDE: a format of play that can be grafted onto any available/popular license.

The next thing I feel compelled to say is that myself and an old friend designed a card game similar to what Mr. Holland describes. The more direct control of the game you relinquish to the player, the harder it becomes to learn and play. If Decipher can pull it off, and pull it off well, then all the more power to them.

"I hope you will provide me and the entire Fight Klub community..." kind of concerns me. In case you didn’t notice, the only time Mr. Holland referenced ’Decipher’ was in the link to the homepage, which I’m sure will redirect to a new homepage come Monday. I have a good impression that Decipher is no more. They’re starting completely over, methinks. A very healthy move, but I like the name Decipher a lot... Crying or Very sad
Riddle 9

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:56 pm
I think this warrants a double post...

I FOUND THE FIGHT KLUB WEBSITE!!!

Fight Klub, "The TCG Revolution."
Riddle 9

Who am I?
TheBlueWizard
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:08 pm
menace64 wrote:
I think this warrants a double post...

I FOUND THE FIGHT KLUB WEBSITE!!!

Fight Klub, "The TCG Revolution."

Sweet...where can I sign up!

TBW

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion