LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anvar
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:19 pm
Some small changes made. Still thinking about whether the banner should have a win skirmish trigger... I’m thinking not as it already seems fairly useful as is.

The overuse of ghostly was intentional, as it features on all the Gondor wraith nouns that have Return. By linking them all with the same adjective I thought it would be easier to grasp them all together (eg ’I’ve got a Ghostly Wraith deck’, ’I’ve got a Sunland deck’ etc.).

Anvar
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anvar wrote:

2 Spectral Fighter Gondor
Companion • Wraith
Strength: 5
Vitality: 2
Resistance: 5
Twilight. Enduring 3.
To play, spot a Gondor companion.
While in your starting fellowship, this companion’s twilight cost is -1.
enduring 3...interesting...if you have any vitality bonuses for gondor wraiths in this set, cut it to 2, otherwise 3 is fine

0 Ghostly Blade Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be a Gondor Wraith.
Return - 2 (you may play this card from your discard pile as if from hand if you pay 2).
“Pale swords were drawn...”

fine

1 Ghostly Steed Gondor
Possession • Mount
Return - 2. (You may play this card from you discard pile as if from hand if you add 2).
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert each character in that skirmish.
“‘I see shapes of Men and of horses...’"
snazzy!

1 Ghostly Banner Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Return - Add a threat.
Skirmish: Scour 2 cards to make bearer strength +1 (limit +3).
“‘...pale banners like shreds of cloud, and spears like winter-thickets on a misty night.’”

I think it should be strength +1 for each gondor card discarded or something, and maybe give a +1 strength or resistance boost
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:29 pm
Anvar wrote:

Companion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring 3.

Hmmm dangerously good, not sure if OP. Start isildur RB then 4 of these. Doesnt matter how much vitality they have, an 8 strength exhausted wraith is still awesome whetehr it had 4 health to start with or not. Id like to see it toned down somehow without making him crud.

0 Ghostly Blade Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Return - 2 (you may play this card from your discard pile as if from hand if you pay 2).
“Pale swords were drawn...”

Sound enough.

1 Ghostly Steed Gondor
Possession • Mount
Return - 2. (You may play this card from you discard pile as if from hand if you add 2).
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert each character in that skirmish.
“‘I see shapes of Men and of horses...’"

Wow thats nice Smile Maybe a bit good with the "may" giving you HUGE flexibility.

1 Ghostly Banner Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Return - Add a threat.
Skirmish: Scour 2 cards to make bearer strength +1 (limit +3).
“‘...pale banners like shreds of cloud, and spears like winter-thickets on a misty night.’”

Not very useful i have to say. Maybe just 1 card is fine and limit 2?

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anvar
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:39 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Anvar wrote:

Companion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring 3.

Hmmm dangerously good, not sure if OP. Start isildur RB then 4 of these. Doesnt matter how much vitality they have, an 8 strength exhausted wraith is still awesome whetehr it had 4 health to start with or not. Id like to see it toned down somehow without making him crud.

I’m not convinced that Isildur and 4 of these guys would be that good. An archery/wounding deck would take you to pieces if you didn’t get set up in time. I could make it ’to play spot 2 Gondor companions’, though. Any thoughts?

Quote:

1 Ghostly Steed Gondor

Wow thats nice Smile Maybe a bit good with the "may" giving you HUGE flexibility.

Should I change this to make it compulsory? Any other thoughts?

Quote:

1 Ghostly Banner Gondor
Not very useful i have to say. Maybe just 1 card is fine and limit 2?

The reason why I might leave this as it is, is that scour sets up your cards to be returned to play. That’s what makes return so useful. It also ties the wraiths together with some sort of Desperation strategy that I’m working on (ie having no cards in your deck). Discarding a single card also seems a bit easy, and a limit of +2 seems a bit small. My temptation is to leave it as it is, though I could be persuaded to make it give a permanent +1 strength, and make the limit +2.

Thanks for the comments,
Anvar
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:53 am
Anvar wrote:
Some small changes made. Still thinking about whether the banner should have a win skirmish trigger... I’m thinking not as it already seems fairly useful as is.

I didn’t say it wasn’t useful - just that all previous banners triggered on winning.

Anvar wrote:
Should I change this to make it compulsory? Any other thoughts?

Rohan mounts were compulsory. I reckon it’s better that way.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anvar
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:01 pm
Some changes made to the last set of cards. Now for some Gondor events with return.

1 Madness of Terror Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Return - Add a threat (you may play this card from your discard pile as if from hand if you add a threat).
Make a Gondor companion strength +2. If you played this using the return cost, remove this card from the game.
“‘...the Dead needed no longer any weapon but fear.’”

1 To Fulfill our Oaths Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Return - Exert a Gondor Wraith (you may play this card from your discard pile as if from hand if you exert a Gondor Wraith).
Make a Gondor Wraith strength +2. If you played this using the return cost, remove this card from the game.
Last edited by Anvar on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:28 am
Anvar wrote:
Some changes made to the last set of cards. Now for some Gondor events with return.

1 Madness of Terror Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Return - Add a threat (you may play this card from your discard pile as if from hand if you add a threat).
Make a Gondor companion Strength +2. If you played this using the return cost, remove this card from the game.
“‘...the Dead needed no longer any weapon but fear.’”

Strength doesnt need a capital. Balanced and sound.

1 To Fulfill our Oaths Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Return - Exert a Gondor Wraith (you may play this card from your discard pile as if from hand if you exert a Gondor Wraith).
Make a Gondor Wraith Strength +2. If you played this using the return cost, remove this card from the game.

Sound.

"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anvar
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:01 am
I sure love those capital letters Wink

They have been edited.

Anvar
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:03 am
Ive just realised whats weird about your posts. They go right to the bottom of the post cos you have no signature! Looks strange!
Anvar
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:08 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Ive just realised whats weird about your posts. They go right to the bottom of the post cos you have no signature! Looks strange!

Fair enough. It doesn’t bother me but I can see why you might think it a little odd.

Anvar

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards