LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:12 am
I didnt mean it as an insult mate I just meant cos everyone else has i take it as the norm which was why it took a while to see that was what was different about your posts. Im so used to sigs.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anvar
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:14 am
There we go, problem solved Wink

Anvar
Check out my dream card set - The Paths of the Dead.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:16 am
LOL thats makes me look retarded now as its not true!

Nice though Wink
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
ROFL!

both are fine.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:28 pm
Seconded. Thumbs Up

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anvar
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:18 pm
Since my last events were so uncontroversial, I thought I would put up some more which might provoke more comment.

Anvar

1 Fear of the Dead Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Return - 2
Exert a Gondor Companion to discard a possession borne by a minion he is skirmishing. If you played this using the return cost, remove this card from the game.
"’Reckless we rode among our fleeing foes, driving them like leaves, until we came to the shore.’"

0 Bound by Oath Gondor
Event • Response
Return - 2
If a Gondor companion wins a skirmish, remove a threat. If you played this using the return cost, remove this card from the game.
"’I summon you to the Stone of Erech!’"

0 Fade Away Gondor
Event • Maneuver or Regroup
Return - 1
Spot two Gondor Wraiths to remove a card in a discard pile from the game. If you played this using the return cost, remove this card from the game.
"But the next day there came no dawn, and the Grey Company passed on into the darkness of the Storm of Mordor and were lost to mortal sight..."
Last edited by Anvar on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:29 am; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my dream card set - The Paths of the Dead.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:39 pm
Anvar wrote:
0 Fear of the Dead Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Return - 2
Exert a Gondor Companion to discard a possession borne by a character. If you played this using the return cost, remove this card from the game.
"’Reckless we rode among our fleeing foes, driving them like leaves, until we came to the shore.’"

Companion doesn’t need a capital letter (those damn capitals again). Other than that, good twist on Nimble Attack.

Anvar wrote:
0 Bound by Oath Gondor
Event • Response
Return - 2
If a Gondor companion wins a skirmish, remove a threat. If you played this using the return cost, remove this card from the game.

Like it!

Anvar wrote:
0 Fade Away Gondor
Return - 1
Spot two Gondor Wraiths to remove a card in a discard pile from the game. If you played this using the return cost, remove this card from the game.
"But the next day there came no dawn, and the Grey Company passed on into the darkness of the Storm of Mordor and were lost to mortal sight..."

Funny! I don’t really have a problem with this - it isn’t great, just could be very annoying for an Orc or Moria side.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:31 am
Thranduil wrote:

Companion doesn’t need a capital letter (those damn capitals again). Other than that, good twist on Nimble Attack.

Hang him hang him, he said d*mn, throw him off the forums, heathen!!! Everyone grab their pitchforks and torches!!!

Rolling Eyes

Actually thank you Thran for not caring and saying what you want. Applause

Anvar wrote:

0 Fear of the Dead Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Return - 2
Exert a Gondor Companion to discard a possession borne by a character. If you played this using the return cost, remove this card from the game.

Seems a bit too versatile, you can always pay the cost and its ready for use whenever, id make it cost 1 at least and make it skirmishing that character.

0 Bound by Oath Gondor
Event • Response
Return - 2

Ditto comment above. Without return they are balanced but way too good otherwise.

0 Fade Away Gondor
Return - 1

How do you not have a problem with this Thran? Not just annoying to an opponent but a huge NPE, this is worse than targetted discard. Needs a higher "cost" for me. A deck based on recursion or similar could be completely ruined by this.

Anvar
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:38 am
lem0nhead wrote:

Seems a bit too versatile, you can always pay the cost and its ready for use whenever, id make it cost 1 at least and make it skirmishing that character.

Edited accordingly, though obviously one cannot always pay the cost of exerting a Gondor Companion.
Quote:

0 Bound by Oath Gondor

Ditto comment above. Without return they are balanced but way too good otherwise.

Disagree with you on this one. An event that removes a threat if a companion wins a skirmish would never make my decks. Why? Stronger and More Terrible. This is a condition that does the same thing every time your Wraith wins a fight. This event doesn’t cost you a threat, and can be used with any gondor companion, but it is still highly situational. With Return, a card like this might get played.

Quote:

0 Fade Away Gondor
Return - 1

How do you not have a problem with this Thran? Not just annoying to an opponent but a huge NPE, this is worse than targetted discard. Needs a higher "cost" for me. A deck based on recursion or similar could be completely ruined by this.

I see your problem with this card. My aim was to make a card for Gondor Wraiths that would work against opposing Return-based strategies. It is highly situational, as there are many decks that don’t care at all about the discard pile. I will consider this one...

Thanks for the reviews,
Anvar
Check out my dream card set - The Paths of the Dead.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:25 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anvar wrote:
Since my last events were so uncontroversial, I thought I would put up some more which might provoke more comment.

Anvar

1 Fear of the Dead Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Return - 2
Exert a Gondor Companion to discard a possession borne by a minion he is skirmishing. If you played this using the return cost, remove this card from the game.
cut cost to 0 maybe...though exerting can be positive...yeah cut it to 0

0 Bound by Oath Gondor
Event • Response
Return - 2
fine

0 Fade Away Gondor
Return - 1

uh sure
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards