LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anvar
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:00 pm
Thranduil wrote:

I love how for Wraiths, it probably wouldn’t bother you which you scoured!

Exactly! What do the Wraiths have to fear in the Paths of the Dead?

Quote:

A bold on ’Regroup’ would help (back to the formatting malarkey). Can’t see why it doesn’t give the customary +1 vitality, to be honest. But I like it: it’s fun. Though the question becomes: are there any mechanisms for recurring legendary cards in your set?

Thranduil

Stupid formatting. Should be fixed now.

Anduril doesn’t always give +1 vit (see King’s Blade). I was concerned with balance, so I took it out. No mechanisms for recurring legendary cards (at least not yet). Legendary isn’t a big feature, just something splashy and on theme of dead piles and the like. At the moment it only features on a handful of cards (subject to change, as I haven’t done much work on shadow cultures as yet).

Anvar
Check out my dream card set - The Paths of the Dead.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:33 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anvar wrote:

1 Ride Through the Paths Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, you may scour 3 cards. For each Gondor card you scour, heal a companion. For each shadow card you scour, exert a companion.
"And indeed the love that the horses of the Rangers bore for their riders was so great that they were willing to face even the terror of the Door... But Arod, horse of Rohan, refused the way..."
snazzy!

3 •Anduril, Heirloom of Gondor Gondor
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Legendary - 2
Bearer must be Aragorn.
At the start of the regroup phase you may scour 3 cards to remove a threat.
Regroup: Exert a Gondor companion to remove all threats. Place this card in the dead pile.
"’The line was broken!’
’It has been remade.’"

works for me...I thought it was that blade was broken...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:02 am
Anvar wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, you may scour 3 cards. For each Gondor card you scour, heal a companion. For each shadow card you scour, exert a companion.
"And indeed the love that the horses of the Rangers bore for their riders was so great that they were willing to face even the terror of the Door... But Arod, horse of Rohan, refused the way..."

Wow intriguing balance. Very cunning card.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Legendary - 2
Bearer must be Aragorn.
Regroup: Exert a Gondor companion to remove all threats. Place this card in the dead pile.
"’The line was broken!’
’It has been remade.’"

UP i think. Simple as that just not as good as it should be. The regroup is cool but the rest is not useful.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anvar
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:48 am
Anduril now has its vitality bonus back. Any more comments?

Anvar
Check out my dream card set - The Paths of the Dead.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:36 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anvar wrote:
Condition • Support Area

Now desperation has a chance. I like it.

Anvar wrote:
And a tasty Artifact:

And here I half-expected it to be called Anduril, Tasty Blade. Razz

Anvar wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Vitality: +1
Legendary - 2
Bearer must be Aragorn.
"’The line was broken!’
’It has been remade.’"

You need a comma after "regroup phase". I think it’s plenty powerful, especially when combined with Wraiths (as you intended, I’m sure) and Aragorn’s Longbow. Twisted Evil I know NBarden would love to get his mitts on this.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anvar
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:16 pm
Let’s kick off with a dunedain of the grey company.

2 Ranger of the Grey Company Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
Ranger.
While you can spot a ranger, this companion has Return - 3
Desperation - While you have no cards in your draw deck, this companion is strength +3.
"They were clad in cloaks of dark grey, and their hoods were cast now over helm and head."

Now their leader. Apart from Strider, no Aragorn is easy to have in your starting fellowship. I thought I’d make a Leader of Men style card with a desperation twist. You can start him early, but might not get his full power until late in the game.

4 •Aragorn, Elfstone Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Ranger.
While in your starting fellowship and you can spot a Gondor companion, Aragorn is twilight cost -2.
Desperation - While you have no cards in your draw deck, Aragorn gains defender +1, enduring 1 and is an archer.
"...Who shall call them / from the grey twilight, the forgotten people? / The heir of him to whom the oath they swore."

And a card that you might not have been expecting. It’s Halbarad as a Follower. I figured that as the Standard Bearer for the Grey Company, it made sense for him to work as backup for other companions.

2 •Halbarad, Standard Bearer Gondor
Follower
Aid - exert a companion with desperation.
Return - add a threat.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may scour a card. If that card was a Gondor card you may heal a companion.
"For he saw that instead of a spear he bore a tall staff, as it were a standard, but it was close-furled in a black cloth bound about with many thongs."
Last edited by Anvar on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in totalCheck out my dream card set - The Paths of the Dead.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anvar wrote:

Companion • Man
Ranger.
Return - 2
Desperation - While you have no cards in your draw deck, this companion is strength +3.
"They were clad in cloaks of dark grey, and their hoods were cast now over helm and head."
I guess...

Companion • Man
Ranger.
While in your starting fellowship, Aragorn is twilight cost -2.
Desperation - While you have no cards in your draw deck, Aragorn gains defender +1, enduring 1 and is an archer.
"...Who shall call them / from the grey twilight, the forgotten people? / The heir of him to whom the oath they swore."
b] SNAZZY! the viability of this strategy is really increasing...now you need is some awesome card that can discard...your deck!!!! Twisted Evil [/b]

Follower
Return - add a threat.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may scour a card. If you scour a Gondor card you may heal a companion.
"For he saw that instead of a spear he bore a tall staff, as it were a standard, but it was close-furled in a black cloth bound about with many thongs."

works for me
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:20 am
Anvar wrote:

Companion • Man
Ranger.
Return - 2

Yeah fine but why would a ranger have return? Why would you discard him and why would you be able to play him again. Perhaps the return should be 3. Its also unusual to see a non unique comp with 7 resistance that isnt an elf.

Companion • Man
Ranger.

Ooof he’s a bit more versatile than strider aint he? I like but i dunno....

Follower
Return - add a threat.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may scour a card. If you scour a Gondor card you may heal a companion.

Again why has he got return? Phrase it "If that card was a Gondor card..."

Cool.

"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:07 am
Anvar wrote:

Grrr! Dunadan is singular, Dunadain is plural.

Anvar wrote:
Companion • Man
Ranger.
Return - 2

Okay, looks good.

Anvar wrote:
Companion • Man
Ranger.

Perhaps throw some Gondor enforcement for his reduction - he’s no Gandalf.

Anvar wrote:
Follower
Return - add a threat.

Seems fine.

Lem0n, they have return because they are built on a strategy which discards your draw deck!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:18 am
Thranduil wrote:

Lem0n, they have return because they are built on a strategy which discards your draw deck!

Thranduil

So? A strategy is one thing a theme is another. There is no flavour or continuity in giving these couple return. I can understand ghosts etc... not being quite dead, floating around etc... but a halbarad follower? Makes no sense. Sorry.

Dont get me wrong i love what Anvar is doing here it is REALLY smart. Shame he never worked for D as this ic clearly a well thought out and excellent design with incredible balance worthy of D at their peak. But im not getting this for these 2.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards