LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:47 am
Thranduil wrote:

2) With Muster of the Dead, Wraiths in the dead pile don’t count to the rule of 9.

Thranduil

Are you making this set together or something, every question ive asked him you have answered!

So does the above point mean this happens for tombs too? I ask you as you’ll beat Anvar to it!

And i still think Muster of the Dead is broken if thats what it still does.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:49 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Thranduil wrote:

2) With Muster of the Dead, Wraiths in the dead pile don’t count to the rule of 9.

Thranduil

Are you making this set together or something, every question ive asked him you have answered!

Lol, no! Just that I thought I had an answer, and I’m on and he isn’t! Wink

lem0nhead wrote:
So does the above point mean this happens for tombs too? I ask you as you’ll beat Anvar to it!

And i still think Muster of the Dead is broken if thats what it still does.

Cards stacked on Tombs count as being in the dead pile, so yes Muster of the Dead also works for Tombs, which makes a lot of flavour sense.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:52 am
It does but it also makes it even more broken. I reckon i could easily abuse this deck with muster of the dead and split my deck 70/30 with threat removal and companions. About 22 companions and the rest threat removal and just play wraiths let them die, play wraiths, let them die...

Sorry but its a horrendously broken card in an otherwise beautifully balanced set.
Last edited by lem0nhead on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:54 am; edited 1 time in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:54 am
Would you have enough threat removal to be able to add 2+ threats every time you played a companion?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:57 am
All the threats would go once you killed someone then you could exhaust the wraiths you played that turn so they get bigger win a skirmish and remove threats. Look im not saying its foolproof so dont pick holes in something we cant test but im trying to highlight the possibilites. And we shouldnt need to argue about it, if there is such potential for ground breaking rules dodging it should be vetoed before it came to production and a big hoohah was made for it to be x listed.

Ill say again Horn of Boromir was x-ed due to getting around the rule of 9. No cards should get round that rule.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:59 am
lem0nhead wrote:
All the threats would go once you killed someone

d'oh!

Good point, I hadn’t thought of that!

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:05 am
Yay i won an arguement about DC’s with Thran. I should note this down along with time date and what i was doing Very Happy

Anvar axe Muster of the Dead, or else make the entire set a reality so i can enjoy abusing it. Twisted Evil That would be awesome. Site 8: Ill play my 19th Wraith of the turn. Ha!

And whats more. Say it gets discarded when you have 18 wraiths in the dead pile. What happens then!? Surely you should lose automatically but because D made it so you could never do this sort of thing there is no rules precedent for it.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:07 am
Thing is, I think that there does actually need to be a card for Gondor Wraiths that does what Muster of the Dead does in this set. Perhaps adding burdens would be a better penalty? That way, you couldn’t just kill a guy to lose the threats and you’d be hard pressed to get rid of them thanks to Gondor’s lack of burden removal.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:10 am
Better but circumnavigating the rule of 9 is a drastic rules deviation that i dont think should be repeated no mater how nicely in ties into the story. Gameplay before reality surely?
Anvar
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:39 am
lem0nhead wrote:

One minor point is why would you stack one from your discard and effectively increase the dead pile by one when you could remove 1 from the dead pile? Ok if you havent killed someone yes, but its risky otherwise. The card itself is nice.

You’ve hit the nail on the head - without a dead companion these cards would be useless. Since that could be quite hard I thought I’d give another way.

Wraith culture starts this evening,

Anvar
Check out my dream card set - The Paths of the Dead.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards